watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OFFICIAL Dickson leaves..

Started by mr-ska, August 03, 2012, 02:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Good luck to him, yes he was very important to the way we played under Roy and was great in the two seasons we had finishing 7th and the cup final, but once Roy left I always felt he was lost. Keep it simple, is what he's best at and we are looking at a different way now.
Thanks and bye.

EJL

I would still like an out an out cold, heartless bruiser. Don't think Diarra has that two footed tackle in his repertoire.

VicHalomsLovechild

Whose going to tell us the score now?

Scrumpy

I was always a Dickson fan. He'll be remembered as one of the members of our most successful team in history (so far!).

A nice bloke and I wish him well.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

rusty shackleford

Remember that belter he scored against city. Can't say im upset tho

YankeeJim

Quote from: alfie on August 03, 2012, 07:08:10 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 03, 2012, 06:50:43 PM
good bye, thanks a million, and here's hoping we see you next August.

Now the only question is: With Dickson go, who will be the next designated "I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, he's crap and he's useless and a waste of a shirt" Fulham player. There has to be at least one.

Recent universal receptors of abuse include Baird, Zamora, and Saint Zoltan.
Don't forget HD we still have Senderos, i am sure his name will come up once or twice

IF Dempsey stays there will be enough for the goons to bag on between those two.
Dickson, I wish you well.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Good luck Dickson. One report says there was a falling out with Jol but we may never know. Clearly Etuhu was ill used as a defensive midfielder as he simply wasn't very good at it. As a more attacking player he looked the part far more.

Sidwell is clearly the next midfielder to divide opinion.

In Etuhu leaving  we will need some sort of central back up. Although even with Gecov going we still have a few who can play there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Good luck and thanks for the memories.

SmithyFFC

Served the club well and always gain 100% sad to see him go, as he comes across as a top bloke. I think now however we have to be looking a higher level of player than Dickson.

Cheers Dickson, best of luck at Blackburn   :54:
FTID

Burt

He wasn't all bad. Best wishes to him.

Burt

I would like to nominate Senderos as our next Marmite player to divide opinion on this board.

I am in the "give the guy a break" camp.

Berserker

Same here, i have a bit of a soft spot for Senderous, same as Ruis.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffc73

This thread is deviating but I am also in "yes" lobby for Senderos. 

Is there a separate summer discussion on this as I have not spotted him in the FFC German and/or Swiss training camp photos and I do not think he made the Swiss Olympic squad.

Can someone enlighten me.  Where is Senderos?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

The next player to split us is going to be Ruiz I think.

MontenegroWhite

Very sad to see him leave... Hope we will replace him soon.

BH Riise and Gecov are out, Murphy too, Etuhu also, and we haven't bought anyone in center of the pitch. Now if Dembele leaves that would be real disaster.

Anyway, thanks to lad, and best of luck to him and Danny at Blackburn.

aussierod

Thanks for your contribution Dickson, under Roy I could see your importance, under Hughes I saw you trying and under Jol I saw your skill level somewhat found out. An unspectacular plauyer but a very important player in our recent successes, his partnership with Murphy was magical and I can't believe they've managed to team up again in the Championship, good luck to them, surely will be the best midfield combination at that level

With Dickson now gone though, as well as Gecov earlier, plus rumours of Dembele leaving, where are all our central midfielders? Even with Dembele, that leaves us with only Diarra, Dembele, Sidwell, Baird (can play there), Kasami can play CM too perhaps, but unless I'm missing someone here, we're very light on in central midfield. Dickson played in 22 matches last season, we need someone else to provide that back up now, perhaps a new, young, better Gecov player
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

cebu

It's a scary thought, but what will happen if Senderos leaves as well - which player will become people's pet hate?   :032:

God The Mechanic

He was a very good athlete, but not so good as a footballer.  Personally I'm glad that he's gone (not in a "omg he sux!1!!) way - but in that the club seem to want to progress to better "players" above athletes, and if you can combine the two like in Diarra then even better.

The Bronsons

Thanks, Dickson - especially for the effective partnership under Captain Murphy and General Hodgson.