watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OFFICIAL Dickson leaves..

Started by mr-ska, August 03, 2012, 02:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

The Club can confirm that Dickson Etuhu has joined Blackburn Rovers on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Dickson made over 125 appearances for the Whites since joining four years ago and played an integral role in our 2009/10 Europa League campaign.

In addition, the Club can confirm that Bjørn Helge Riise has joined Lillestrøm on a free transfer following the expiration of his contract with Fulham.

The Club would like to thank both players for their efforts during their time at Craven Cottage and we wish them all the best for the future.

AlFayedsChequebook

A good servant to the club, was a key player in our best ever teams.

Probably his time to move on but I will miss the arguments!

Steve_orino

Is Steve Kean still in charge there?  Or is it Danny?

Always liked Dickson and like John Paintsil, I thought he did a real good job as long as there was sufficient cover.  Once new managers came in that required more skill on the ball & a more open formation, their time with the Club would come to an end.

Thanks DE - Up the Whites!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

mccscratch

I wonder if Martin has more plans for Chris Baird now... it seems like Sidwell is the first in for a defensive mid if someone comes out and then maybe Bairdinho

Happy that Dickson will go partner with SMurph again. He was a good servant to the club.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Andy_M

Best of luck to Dickson and I thank him for his services. As bad as his perfomances were some weeks they were great other weeks!

So with Danny, Dickson and Gecov all gone out and only Diarra in, do we think we'll see another midfielder brought in or will Jol simply be happy that he has effectively got a new player in Sidwell that he didn't have last season and bring through some of the youngsters?
@got_maile

ffc73

Good luck Dickson and thanks for the un-heralded team job you did for us & that valuable away goal in Turin

jarv

I have always been pro Dickson, has had some very strong games for Fulham. As someone just said, I expect Danny had a big influence on this decision. Good luck and I for one, will be looking for Blackburn results this season.

GoldCoastWhite

Goodbye and good luck big man, you always gave your all and I thank you for that. You will be missed  :048:

Walsh

Danny Murphy's wife commented on Twitter saying:

"So pleased that @DicksonEtuhu is joining Danny at #BRFC"

Matt_Keen

It's actually a really sad day, I liked Dickson, they don't come much more hard working or honest on the pitch than he is.
Maybe not the classiest of players, but thought he always did well at breaking up play (And sometimes, players) and distributing the ball to more creative influences, unless they were over 10 yards away!

Blackburn look to have a very solid central midfield this season anyway, best of luck to them.

The Rock

Yeah - even on the bad days you wanted to see him do well... good memories - well done and best of luck.

Another one bites the dust though. That's 742 players out and 3 in this summer.

sipwell

Good luck. I never was your biggest fan but you have made a valuable contribution to this club. I hope you can become a regular now!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MasterHaynes

Good luck to him, sorry to see him go but a well deserved deal for him with 4 yr contract. Expect to see him and Danny the season after next when they get Blackburn promoted. I do think we need to buy a replacement, if Diarra gets injured than we have no one with a physical presence to break up play and muscle opponents off the ball, Sidwell just does not frighten opponents like Dickson did.

Mr_Moon

Behind Diarra and Sidwell in the pecking order so no great loss. Thanks for the Europa memories.

dtowndough

I'm gonna miss dickson, while certainly frustrating at times, i loved seeing him in the lineup

sunburywhite

He was always a bit like Papa Bouba; should have bossed the mniddle but was never that commanding all the time
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

good bye, thanks a million, and here's hoping we see you next August.

Now the only question is: With Dickson go, who will be the next designated "I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, he's crap and he's useless and a waste of a shirt" Fulham player. There has to be at least one.

Recent universal receptors of abuse include Baird, Zamora, and Saint Zoltan.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on August 03, 2012, 06:50:43 PM
good bye, thanks a million, and here's hoping we see you next August.

Now the only question is: With Dickson go, who will be the next designated "I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, he's crap and he's useless and a waste of a shirt" Fulham player. There has to be at least one.

Recent universal receptors of abuse include Baird, Zamora, and Saint Zoltan.
Don't forget HD we still have Senderos, i am sure his name will come up once or twice
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cebu

All the best to Dickson. He's a solid unspectacular player and important lightning rod for frustrated Fulham fans.

I too subscribe to the notion that Senderos will become the new lightning rod ... oh well, just another infantile disorder ...  :022:

leonffc

Never my favourite player, frustrated me to the max with his laid back style BUT always seemed a real nice bloke (and had the best chant).
Good luck Dickson Etuhuhu, I wanna be like youhoohoo.

Oh, and Alfie was spot on. Senderos is gonna kop bucket loads now :-D