watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kelly or Reither?

Started by MrFFC, August 03, 2012, 10:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Has anyone seen anything off Sascha Reither? How has he looked? Does he look good enough to take the right back spot or will Kelly retain his place come the Norwich game?
Come on you Whites!! :)

Bassey the warrior

However good he is he will be a starter. Jol has clearly decided Kelly isn't good enough. By the way has Kelly signed a new contract? If not he'll be off soon.

the1metaknight

Quote from: MrFFC on August 03, 2012, 10:36:10 PM
Has anyone seen anything off Sascha Reither? How has he looked? Does he look good enough to take the right back spot or will Kelly retain his place come the Norwich game?
Riether was the right back in the Wolfsburg side that won the bundesliga in 08-09. Solid and quick IMO.

EJL

Quote from: The Moose on August 04, 2012, 12:28:46 AM
However good he is he will be a starter. Jol has clearly decided Kelly isn't good enough. By the way has Kelly signed a new contract? If not he'll be off soon.
Yeah he's signed a new deal.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: EJL on August 04, 2012, 01:45:50 AM
Yeah he's signed a new deal.
That's good news. He earned it. He'll be the backup. Good backup to have too.

EJL

I'm still waiting for a good weed related Riether pun by the way...

HatterDon

If Jol has decided that, then the board isn't listening to him. Kelly just signed a 3-year contract. Doesn't sound like someone out of favor to me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on August 04, 2012, 05:35:15 AM

If Jol has decided that, then the board isn't listening to him. Kelly just signed a 3-year contract. Doesn't sound like someone out of favor to me.
2-year contract

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 04, 2012, 01:31:44 PM

2-year contract

option for a 3rd. Thanks for the correction.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

Doesn't mean he will be a starter. He's good enough to be a backup. Definitely earned the new contract.

Bassey the warrior

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: The Moose on August 04, 2012, 03:44:03 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on August 04, 2012, 12:44:35 PM
GRYGERA
He won't be at the club next season.

..................Kelly is rubbish and Jol  and the club are right prats
Senderos is not training with the team .....................chicken - licken !!!!, the sky will fall in

Walsh

Not seen Reither play yet but as everybody above has said Kelly will be a good backup option.

EJL

Quote from: KCat on August 04, 2012, 04:57:06 PM
Quote from: The Moose on August 04, 2012, 03:44:03 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on August 04, 2012, 12:44:35 PM
GRYGERA
He won't be at the club next season.

..................Kelly is rubbish and Jol  and the club are right prats
Senderos is not training with the team .....................chicken - licken !!!!, the sky will fall in
Kelly's not rubbish. Keeps improving and deserved his new deal.

As fans we can only really look at Grygera in one way. That being that he was a solid right back, who's season was cut short by injury. The club however may see an injury-prone, 32 year old who's not worth a new contract. Whatever decision the club make, I'm sure it's the right one.

Jack Fulham

I don't anyone can call this yet.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

EJL,  I do not  REALLY believe Kelly is rubbish nor do I think that the club and Jol are prats ......
...and in reply to the original poster : Jack Fulham said,it is too early to call, Reither may find the Premiership a challenge   

cebu

I'm sure Jol wants both players to fight for their first team slot - and competition for places is good. Let's not forget that the club still seems to be considering Grygera as an option as well.

Matt Inglis

I think we'll begin with Kelly starting and have the option to bring Reither in if Kelly shows poor form.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MrFFC

Grygera is a quality player but will he ever recover? I think he would be the best right back but he was quality at centre back at Chelsea so he could be an option there aswell, if we can get him fit we should definately sign him on next season
Come on you Whites!! :)