watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most Exciting news of the window.

Started by valdeingruo, August 03, 2012, 10:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

Fulham have always been an interesting club when it comes to the transfer window. Being routed firmly in the middle of the table as of recent years and with very solid management, we arent very fun for the journalists. We wont spend over the top on a regular basis and our past "big" signings have all had mixed fortunes. Our current big name looks to buck that trend however. One only has to look at the date change at the latest Carlton Cole "rumor" to see this. We are stable in the market and always have been, dont expect to see Messi holding a white or orange shirt this season.

What makes this particular window special for Fulham Football club is three things. The transition to a U-21 team and the appointment of one Mr. Steve Wigley. A transition to the Under 21 format and being granted Category 1 status. These are far better news than any of the drawn out transfer "sagas"

The transition to a U-21 team is good for many different reasons. For one it means we will be concentrating on youth, and good youth from the ammount of youngsters with promise being snapped up by Fulham at the moment. The difference in my own eyes is that a U-21 team is where we develop youngsters and a Reserve team is where we stick players who cant make the first team with those players developing too old for the U-18s, stunting growth. U-21s also will help the first team average age come down as long as we are developing good players. A player not in the first team and too old for the U-21s will be given the chance for first team football by going out on loan or by leaving the club, get what every footballer wants and that is to play the beautiful game.

Fulham are lucky to have someone like Mo running the club and you can see from the transistion that we are making that it could be a very bright future for FFC and getting Mr. Wigley and Category One status is quite evident of this. While Cat 1 is not very good for Clubs who do not have this status, it is quite the advantage for those who do. The ability to get the best youngsters in the game is obviously a great thing for our future.An accomplished coach such as Mr Wigley from Southampton will give an amazing oppourtunity to current U-21 players and future ones.

What do you consider the biggest news of the window?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

alexbishop

Nice post but we're not exactly ahead of the game with regards to changing to an U21team. This is the current trend for most premiership/euro clubs right now I believe.

Moreover I've heard mixed things about Wigley. Simon Peach journalist for the PA and avid Southampton fan doesn't rate him from his time there (see last weeks cottage talk) and he wasn't actually the man responsible for some of their bigger stars eg bale, Walcott etc. My best mate is a lifetime saints fan too and he doesn't hold him in too high a regard.

I think we're recruiting well into our youth set up but there has yet to have been clear evidence of players development right through our youth system. Bearing in mind the likes of Frei, Trotta, Kaca were bought from youth systems elsewhere.

Some positives for sure but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Let's let time take its course and see where current u18 and u21 players are in 2-5 years time.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

General

I wrote something along these lines but better, earlier.

Lighthouse

I am going to write something along these lines but not as good,later.

Although I will add a far gloomier conclusion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Where you been elf...elf? You've been so quiet lately, I thought you'd joined the military or something.  065.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on August 04, 2012, 05:31:56 AM
Where you been elf...elf? You've been so quiet lately, I thought you'd joined the military or something.  065.gif

If i told you, i would have to be cliche. Doing well though.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi