more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was just wondering.

Started by licker, August 04, 2012, 01:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

licker

Hello lads,
i was picking my Fantasy Football team and was wondering Why, after letting Johnson go, you also decided to offload the Pog.
Looking at his record he was a free, and with him scoring a few goals for you i wondered why he was'nt kept on.
What is your striker situation now, have you got any besides Dempsey.

Bill.

rusty shackleford

He wanted 65k per week

Striker situation now - Petric is banging them in pre season. Probably will have another striker by the end of the window

licker

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 04, 2012, 01:40:19 PM
He wanted 65k per week

:011: Noooo, he cant be getting that much at Reading, i think somebody has slipped up with that deal.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

It seems that he wanted ridiculous wages which he simply wasn't worth, and sensibly Martin Jol didn't take the risk.

Yes he scored a lot of goals to start off with, but in many of those games he was doing very little. Couldn't really hold up play and I'm not convinced whether we were *that* keen on keeping him and he was just a stop gap for Zamora leaving.

If I were you, I wouldn't put Pogrebnyak in your Fantasy Football Team. I can't see him scoring more than 10.

As for Johnson, yes he worked hard but he couldn't seem to finish! He won't be missed at Fulham.

God The Mechanic

Imagine him and Kacanikilic in the same team?  It was a favour to commentators worldwide!

But seriously, he was a decent striker (and no reason to see why he won't be for Reading) but rumours of him wanting too much combined with the fact that he probably didn't suit Jol's preferred style of play 100% meant that he looked elsewhere.

valdeingruo

He was great when he came in, scoring bucketloads and well worth whatever was spent in order to buy out the rest of the contract and get him on loan or whatever deal was struck. However once teams figured him out he was taken out of play, when we couldnt get the ball to him quick enough he wasnt as sucessful. Amazing goalscorer and his goals really helped us, though we mainly needed a striker so we could get Zamora off the wage bill. I think Jol ultimately knew he would only play half a season and made a comment along the lines of one season doesnt mean much and his style of play doesnt view up with the Pogs.

We have Petric, Rod, Trotta and Dempsey if need be. Jol likes one striker teams so that seems adequate cover.

With wages that wouldnt fit our bill it was a case of "thanks for the memories" and we let him go, plus with Readings new Russian owner, he was more likely to get the wages he wanted there.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Bill, he turned out to be a bit of a Johnny One-note. He was the polar opposite of Zamora in his first season with us: he could finish, but didn't contribute in any way. I'm more confident of out attack with Petric, or even Rodallega, leading the line instead of Pogs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

licker

Thanks lads but i 'm still putting him in my team he will play every week and i dont thing they have any decent scorers there.

Can you beat this ...3-4-3

.................De Gea...................

Walker ........ Cahill ........ Gibbs

VD Vaart .. Gerrard .. Dempsey .. Pienaar

Suarez ............ Jelavic ........ the Pog

If you think you can,  why not join us here

http://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/
code to join league 8002797

We could do with a few more, we have seven at the moment

Simon Buttle.......   Barnham Fc   -   
Rhys Absolom.....   Born To Ruiz   
Matthew Inglis....   Force Of Fulham   
Peter Rothwell....   Last Flowers   
Brad Van Leeuwen   Perth Glory   
Bill Pattie...........   Ubet57   
Ian Price............   Mind The Gap

WhiteJC

my Reading mates tell me he's on £75K a week

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

That's big of Reading,  the HaHa's must be having a right laugh

Berserker

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on August 04, 2012, 06:04:24 PM
Well Hudo Rodallega is also around £70K per week... Right?!

Wouldn't have thought so
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

rusty shackleford

I thought our wage cap was around 50k at the very most. There is no way in hell Rod is earning that. Whether or not there was a signing on fee to line his pockets though, is another story

Admin

To be honest, Jol never really rated the Pog. Well that's what he let on to a certain few anyway. The media had a field day ripping us apart again saying he'd turned us down, we hadn't offered him this, that, Reading had stepped in blah, blah, blah.

The raw truth is that we offered him sod all, no deal, although we were lead to believe otherwise. Jol didn't find the guy mobile enough and as his loan period went on he had dipped in form and became very predictable. His first touch was awful and poor games against Everton, Sunderland and then Spurs proved that he wasn't good enough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for what the Pog did for Fulham but to be honest, even Jol knew he could get more for his money at £45K a week. If Reading are paying £75, Hmmmm...

kiwiwaka

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on August 04, 2012, 06:04:24 PM
Well Hudo Rodallega is also around £70K per week... Right?!
Our highest ever paid player was Zamora on £50k. I'd say highest now is Ruiz on a rumoured £45k i believe, and Rodallega/Petric might be on 35-40k.