watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

delighted with Jol

Started by ben_lowe9, August 04, 2012, 06:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_lowe9

I know through last season (mainly at the beginning) Jol had his critics, I have to say I am delighted to have him as a manager. He is bringing Fulham on and pushing them to a level where we play effective football that is also attractive on the eye. The way he moved dembele into a central midfield player was a touch of genius. He also got even greater output from Clint.

At different points during last season there were worries, mainly for me when Bobby Zamora left, yet Jol let him move on and brought the Pog in. A great move. I feel he will be the same this season if Clint and/or Dembele move on he will find a solution.

I also like the fact that he can spot a great bargain. Diarra/The Pog/ Petric. I am sure other players such as Rodeallga will become a good signing this season as well.

I also like the way fulham handled the Pog. He was a good signing but was demanding too much. it took guts not to give into his demands.

not really sure why i wanted to post this other than to say that I am really optimistic about our future and very happy with Jol as our leader.

Terry Angus

Quote from: ben_lowe9 on August 04, 2012, 06:20:38 PM
I know through last season (mainly at the beginning) Jol had his critics, I have to say I am delighted to have him as a manager. He is bringing Fulham on and pushing them to a level where we play effective football that is also attractive on the eye. The way he moved dembele into a central midfield player was a touch of genius. He also got even greater output from Clint.

At different points during last season there were worries, mainly for me when Bobby Zamora left, yet Jol let him move on and brought the Pog in. A great move. I feel he will be the same this season if Clint and/or Dembele move on he will find a solution.

I also like the fact that he can spot a great bargain. Diarra/The Pog/ Petric. I am sure other players such as Rodeallga will become a good signing this season as well.

I also like the way fulham handled the Pog. He was a good signing but was demanding too much. it took guts not to give into his demands.

not really sure why i wanted to post this other than to say that I am really optimistic about our future and very happy with Jol as our leader.

agreed. a cabbie spurs fan told me when we got jol 'he'll build you a good team' and i think he's doing that. we play class football and i think there's more to come from this transfer window. we've picked up a few oldies/freebies to pad out the squad but i honestly think we'll see young, quality flair players to come in: murphy replacement, another winger, another striker, and possibly a dempsey replacement.

i just hope he can get dembele to sign a new deal!!!

ben_lowe9

I think if we get Dembele to sign a new contract, that will be the biggest signing of the summer. Even if we put a clause in where if we got an offer of 15mil/20mil then we would sell him.

I agree he is building a good squad. I also like the fact that he is using our youth players as well. This is very encouraging. I loved sir Roy, I think given time Jol will be very successful and we might just see a cup lifted by a fulham player, whilst playing some great attacking football.

MasterHaynes

I think the future is white the future is Jol, very happy with him

George G

I was going to post something very similar to this. Totally agree with you. What a season this could be.

Petric WILL score goals. We have seen that much already. I will definitely have my money on him scoring against Norwich on the opening day of the season. If he is doing it now, think about what he will do when he graces the Craven Cottage pitch for the first time as a Fulham player. Frightening.

Jol is proving his pedigree as a manager. What is impressing me more than anything is the lack of goals we are conceding. Playing fancy football won't win you games unless you are tight at the back. We are doing both, which is an absolute blessing as well as a rarity.

Here's to a great season.  :wine:
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

Lighthouse

Jol started to make the Fulham side look a little more consistant towards the end of last season. We are woeful up front with our lack of numbers. Even playing with only one forward (yawn) we still need to bring in players.

So I cannot share in the delight yet. I will wait for the consistancy to start and for us to push on this season. Then I will be very delighted. Jol and his team are still a work in progress and the progress will only be realised if we look good in the Prem. The squad still looks very light in a few positions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Scrumpy

Oh Gawd, this optimism does not sit easily with many Fulham fans. Thanks for the sensible words Lighthouse.

I too, think this could be a great season, but I remember having a fantastic pre-season once under Alan Dicks or Don McKay and I was full of confidence before the season started. Nuff said!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

HatterDon

I'm quite happy with him, which wasn't the case a good part of last season. I think he's building the squad he wants and, once he does, we'll be pleased with what we see on the pitch.

I hope he stays for 3-5 seasons, but if he does well, he'll be taken away from us by a big spending club.

I don't know about the rest of you ... BUT I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL AUG 18
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 04, 2012, 11:40:13 PM
Oh Gawd, this optimism does not sit easily with many Fulham fans. Thanks for the sensible words Lighthouse.

I too, think this could be a great season, but I remember having a fantastic pre-season once under Alan Dicks or Don McKay and I was full of confidence before the season started. Nuff said!

Dicks out!

Burt

The momentum was gathering as the season progressed.

He had a slow start, and this very board was split between those who felt it was all going pear-shaped and those who felt he should be given a chance.

But as the season progressed, so did the team and I believe the second-half form league table which had us in 5th place. That's progress.

I can't wait for this season to start...some astute signings and some lads with great potential working their way up to the first team makes for an interesting future.

COYW

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2012, 11:37:25 PM
Jol started to make the Fulham side look a little more consistant towards the end of last season. We are woeful up front with our lack of numbers. Even playing with only one forward (yawn) we still need to bring in players.

So I cannot share in the delight yet. I will wait for the consistancy to start and for us to push on this season. Then I will be very delighted. Jol and his team are still a work in progress and the progress will only be realised if we look good in the Prem. The squad still looks very light in a few positions.

I agree Beamer, early days still, you cannot take much from friendlies either way, we need to see some serious 90 minute performances this season of good attacking football, not the round and round and then back to the goalie dross we were suffering last season.

ben_lowe9

i think the back end of last season and the decisions that Jol has taken have encouraged me to be excited about the new season. Pre-season is just about fitness results don't really mean too much, but the fact Petric has been so prolific is only encouraging as well.

I am pleased to see the youngsters are given a chance under Jol, in particular Kaca and Frei are coming on leaps and bounds each game they play in. On top of this if jol can add a couple of decent players we will be in great shape for the new season.

west kowloon white

Dick's out-Mckay??Recall a Don Mackay?You southerners.

Rupert

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 06, 2012, 01:53:01 PM
Recall a Don Mackay?

In all honesty, I try hard not to. One of numerous false dawns which turned out to be a bonfire of our hopes and dreams.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.