watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'that goal' SKY advert

Started by leonffc, August 06, 2012, 08:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

I'm sitting watching the TV, and theres a bloke talking about a goal, the net bulging, then it cuts to a corner with Dempsey rising to head an equaliser vs Chelsea.
 Then it cuts back to him standing next to the Cottage. (now I've watched it again, the opening scene was in Bishops Park by the river)

SKY recognition? Have we made it?

TonyGilroy

Not really.

Sky Sources (sic) had assured the ad makers that he'd be a Liverpool player before the ad was ready to be shown.

leonffc

Aaaah just seen a Geordie one. Looks like every team has one.
At least the first one I saw was FFC

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 06, 2012, 08:20:18 AM

Not really.

Sky Sources (sic) had assured the ad makers that he'd be a Liverpool player before the ad was ready to be shown.

Haha that did cross my mind.
I think I recognised the fan though. Although I'm rubbish with faces so I'm probably wrong.

fulhamfan

can i see this anywhere please?

youtube perhaps?

SouthfieldWhite

I was visiting my sister in hospital yesterday when I just caught the advert, nearly choked as he's a friend of mine and well known to a lot of people on the tfi site

Adam87

Would love to see this, any links please people will be massively appreciated  :Haynes The Maestro:

Sheepskin Junior

I've tried YouTube and there wasn't a video that I could find.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

leonffc

Just keep watching Sky Sports (if available to you). It's bound to be shown again - OK, at a rate of one to every five of the Manure one but I'm sure you'll get to see it

BalDrick

Quote from: leonffc on August 07, 2012, 09:52:49 AM
Just keep watching Sky Sports (if available to you). It's bound to be shown again - OK, at a rate of one to every five of the Manure one but I'm sure you'll get to see it

Haven't seen the United one yet, nor the Fulham one. Seen the Newcastle one a few times and the Citeh ones - all around the same goal - countless times. And each time I curse Stoke for equalising against Bolton, otherwise that goal would have been even better.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

mr-ska

The fan is Barry  aka barra boy

https://fbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net/hvthumb-ak-ash4/246350_10150948987347554_10150948985417554_53684_1387_t.jpg

This is the address of the video..  i cant get it on here

leonffc

Quote from: mr-ska on August 09, 2012, 05:42:20 PM
The fan is Barry  aka barra boy

https://fbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net/hvthumb-ak-ash4/246350_10150948987347554_10150948985417554_53684_1387_t.jpg

This is the address of the video..  i cant get it on here

Yeah thought it was him but aside from not being sure, I didn't want to put his 'handle' on here. I guess its all over TIFF though?

mr-ska

Dunno..  its on the tele so i'd of thought so... 

rhyspabsolom

Just been getting some bantz off a Chelsea fan on twitter saying that it's kinda sad how our 'moment of the season' was a draw. At home.
He's got a point, probably be Arsenal at home for me.

leonffc

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 14, 2012, 04:01:52 AM
Just been getting some bantz off a Chelsea fan on twitter saying that it's kinda sad how our 'moment of the season' was a draw. At home.
He's got a point, probably be Arsenal at home for me.

And a deflected header at that!!
Yeah, Arsenal was a better shout but I think Barra was trying get the point accross tat it was against our rivals.