News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's gone very quiet in the Fulham rumour mill.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 06, 2012, 12:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Lighthouse

I feel it in my water. This week we will hear something from somebody. I will say no more. But you heard it here first.  fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

west kowloon white

Or better still the Dems not on their way out-bit of cash to strengthen mid field ,bring on the young ones-Jol job done??

MasterHaynes

Or the press have seen the clips of our young players scoring and have accepted that we are not desperate to buy any old player thats on their way out of their current club and are stumped to think of better players than we already have

TonyGilroy

Whatever we're doing (if anything) will be done quietly.

Whatever the press report is usually Agent gossip or speculation at best and often pure invention.

In the know posters/twitters can usually be assumed to be fantasists

twang

I'd rather see that some players extend their contracts, seeing as the following 17 first team players will be out of contract in a years time:

Schwarzer, Etheridge, Somogyi, Hangeland, Baird, Senderos, Hughes, Halliche, Riether, Duff, Diarra, Dempsey, Davies, Dembélé, Mesca, Trotta, Petric

It's actually quite frightening that we only have 9 players on longer deals than the single year:

Stockdale, Kelly, Riise, Briggs, Kasami, Frei, Kacaniklic, Ruiz, Rodallega

Andy_M

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 06, 2012, 01:00:59 PM

Whatever the press report is usually Agent gossip or speculation at best and often pure invention.

Well said!  065.gif
@got_maile

MJG

Out of that list I would offer a new contract to these now:
Etheridge, Hangeland, Baird, Senderos, Diarra, Dempsey, Dembélé, Mesca, Trotta

And allow these to show something before Xmas and make a decision:
Schwarzer, Hughes, Riether, Duff, Petric

Allow to leave either now or next summer:
Somogyi,Halliche, Davies

west kowloon white

What??-Thought Dempsey had been offered a contract and some of the above have only played friendlies to date...don't get it ??????

MasterHaynes

Quote from: twang on August 06, 2012, 01:31:53 PM
I'd rather see that some players extend their contracts, seeing as the following 17 first team players will be out of contract in a years time:

Schwarzer, Etheridge, Somogyi, Hangeland, Baird, Senderos, Hughes, Halliche, Riether, Duff, Diarra, Dempsey, Davies, Dembélé, Mesca, Trotta, Petric

It's actually quite frightening that we only have 9 players on longer deals than the single year:

Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment not necessarily with all the players in the list but would add Minkawitz and Tankovic to that list

twang

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 06, 2012, 02:00:41 PM
Quote from: twang on August 06, 2012, 01:31:53 PM

Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment not necessarily with all the players in the list but would add Minkawitz and Tankovic to that list

I agree, but I settled with listing the players who have earned themselves a squad number.

HatterDon

I think it's just the press is too busy making up stuff about the Olympic athletes. Once somebody blows out the torch, they'll all come back  086.gif to excess.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2012, 01:40:52 PM
Out of that list I would offer a new contract to these now:

Somogyi,Halliche, Davies

Offer Baird an new deal and Hughes not? Hughes should be in the top group, really.

ToodlesMcToot

Well, the twitter rumor mill had Dembele, The First with a 2 year extension (+ 1yr option) in front of him ready for the signing. It also implied that this was likely to happen.

There's little of substance to it, outside of getting the club and player names correct as well as the contract situation. It does qualify as a rumor however and a mighty fine one I might add.  :59:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 06, 2012, 05:11:45 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2012, 01:40:52 PMOut of that list I would offer a new contract to these now:

Somogyi,Halliche, Davies

Offer Baird an new deal and Hughes not? Hughes should be in the top group, really.
I thought about it and Hughes had some injurys last season and while I would still have him as first choice lets see/hope that age does not catch up with him. I don't believe in just giving contracts to players just because they are starters at the start of that season.

Mr Fulham

true. but why baird then? hughes has been a consistent player for the last four years, and apart from one injury last season he was a nailed-on starter and very much injury-free.

Fernhurst

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 06, 2012, 01:00:59 PM

Thats the way ah aha ah aha we like it ah aha ah aha

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 06, 2012, 06:41:43 PM
true. but why baird then? hughes has been a consistent player for the last four years, and apart from one injury last season he was a nailed-on starter and very much injury-free.
younger,solid squad and utility player.
I like Hughes and if he keeps his form I would have no problem with him and Brede being at the back for another couple of years.Senderos is ok but to me nothing more than that.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 06, 2012, 12:40:36 PM
I feel it in my water. This week we will hear something from somebody. I will say no more. But you heard it here first.  fp.gif

I've heard something from someone....... the bloody tax man
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.