watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

James McFadden?

Started by Mr Fulham, August 06, 2012, 08:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

A year ago when he was available I said yes lets get him, then he resigned for Everton and hardly played.
A year on he's available again, difference now is we have seen Frei and Kaca come into the team, we have the two new strikers and a youngster trying to prove his worth.
We might still need a striker but I believe we can and should look at better. Its not writing him off,  its just looking at yhe current situation.

Terry Angus

agree with the general sentiment. a few freebies/cheapies/loanees here and there are fine to pad out the team but we've enough now. we should be looking to build for the future with quality < 26, which won't come cheap. luckily i think this is just more skysports bs.

...and of course people can opine on potential signings. there wouldn't be much to talk about on a forum like this if they couldn't!!

Tomo

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 06, 2012, 09:33:31 PM
Quote from: Tomo on August 06, 2012, 09:09:37 PM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 06, 2012, 08:54:14 PM
Quote from: ElissonSnygg on August 06, 2012, 08:36:29 PM
I love McFadden. One of the most underrated players in the premiership i'd say. Good news if u ask me.

THANK YOU!!!

Can play on the right, left and behind the striker and to be honest, say Damien Duff gets injured; would you rather Bryan Ruiz went back on the right or James McFadden?

James McFadden on a free is ideal in my opinion and I don't know where peoples negative opinions of him are coming from. He's a free and on his day can turn a game on its head!

Grow up.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I respect yours but don't go around telling people to grow up. Personally feel we could do better than a 29 year old who can't get into the Everton team but that's my opinion, respect it.

Writing players off before they even put on a shirt is childish.

It's almost as bad as those people that base their opinions of players on their FIFA stats.

I wasn't writing him off, I've seen him play multiple times for Everton I would rather give our youth a chance than a 29 year old who can't cut it in an Everton team. Just don't go round making assumptions its not big nor clever.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

the1metaknight

Awful. No thanks. Next rumour, please

dont stand me down

twang

If we were in the need for a backup winger/second striker then he'd be great. Fortunately we're not so I doubt there's any truth to this rumour.

TonyGilroy

He's been a very decent player and is by no means old.

He's at the same stage in his career as people like Murphy, Davies and Diarra were when they came to Fulham.

What matters is his fitness and attitude and none of us are in a position to judge that.

licker

Noooo, you dont want or need J Mac, i was pig sick when he came back to us as was about 40,000 EFC fans, he couldn't get into a Birmingham team that was heading for relegation and they wouldn't give him a contract, so why the f**k Moyes brought him back was a mystery.
From January to June he got on the pitch twice, once as a sub in the 80th minute, and the other in a League cup match with most of the reserve side.
His standard of play was truly abysmal, needless to say he was released again, so he would be no improvement to you at all, he will just be milking your money while sitting on the bench, if he even makes the bench.

believe me you dont need him.

Bill.

zzamora

YES! Big fan, specially on a free. Injury prone, but would give us good cover.

MJG

QuoteYES! Big fan, specially on a free. Injury prone, but would give us good cover.
So what your saying is we would also need cover for the cover.

zzamora

Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2012, 08:25:13 AM
QuoteYES! Big fan, specially on a free. Injury prone, but would give us good cover.

Whats wrong with Squad Depth?

At the moment we have (if dempsey stays) a starting line up of Dempsey-Ruiz-Duff with just Frei, Kaca and Mesca for backup. Davies isn't PL standard anymore.

You want to put the pressure on one of Frei, Kaca if one of those get injured?

Mesca is untested at PL level- as Jol has said, he's young, dont place expectations on him.

Backup and an older head for them to learn off is no bad thing IMHO.

Tomo

Quote from: ddeuce on August 07, 2012, 08:36:24 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2012, 08:25:13 AM

Whats wrong with Squad Depth?

At the moment we have (if dempsey stays) a starting line up of Dempsey-Ruiz-Duff with just Frei, Kaca and Mesca for backup. Davies isn't PL standard anymore.

You want to put the pressure on one of Frei, Kaca if one of those get injured?

Mesca is untested at PL level- as Jol has said, he's young, dont place expectations on him.

Backup and an older head for them to learn off is no bad thing IMHO.

Davies is better than Mcfadden IMHO.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

MJG

Your forgetting Kasami and while I don't think Davies is first XI now, he is a good wide back up.
I was more making a comment about you saying he would be a squad player who is injury prone and that we would then need backup for him.
We do need another player who can play up front and even more so if Dempsey gets his way. As I said earlier Mcfadden is ok, but we could do better.

jarv

He is an OK player. I sometimes wonder where it goes wrong. I saw him play many years ago, Middlesboro v Everton (don't ask why, I just happened to be in Middlesboro that night). McFadden not only was the best player on the pitch that night (Rooney was the worst) but he looked exactly like Ryan Giggs on the left wing in his younger days. Same style, same body movement, same results, ie, created havoc for defenders. Really thought he would be a top player. Oh yes, Fulham don't really need him (my opinion).

rhyspabsolom

Murtagh says no.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/08/jol-rules-out-move-for-former-everton-frontman-82029-31573706/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MARTIN Jol has rubbished reports linking Fulham with a move for former Everton frontman James McFadden.

The Whites boss is still in the market for another striker after losing Andy Johnson, Pavel Pogrebnyak and Orlando Sa in the summer.

Jol has added Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega to the ranks, but told the Chronicle last week that he is keen to bring in more firepower.

McFadden is the latest name to be linked with a switch to Craven Cottage following the Scottish international's release from Goodison Park.

"That's ridiculous," he told the Chronicle. "We never react so they link us with these players but it's not true as usual."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/08/jol-rules-out-move-for-former-everton-frontman-82029-31573706/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz22w75tLn1

FFC1987

Good, I was relieved to read this. He would just use up part of a limited wage bill and contribute near to nothing in terms of progression.

Matt Inglis

The guy didn't seem to put up much of a fuss when Everton didn't give him a lot of playing time last season. He would be good cover, especially since he can play all across the front line. Some people seem to be too quick to write players off. He did make a positive impact on the pitch for Everton last season. I agree that we should go for youth over a big waste of money signing like the ones QPR are making. But imagine if youth didn't work out; players didn't perform. It wouldn't be too bad to have a player who cost us nothing and presumably has smallish wages since he played for Everton last season that could fill in.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

FFC1987

So contradict a gamble on youth to a gamble on a player proven of his inability to be fit and play regular first team football. I'd rather use the wages and the playing time on nurturing players than gambling on has beens. I'll concede it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world but it seems far more logical to go with what Jol is doing.

cmg

Quote from: Matt Inglis on August 08, 2012, 03:20:47 PM

The guy didn't seem to put up much of a fuss when Everton didn't give him a lot of playing time last season.

I don't particularly want people who don't put up much of a fuss when they don't get a lot of playing time. I wan't people who are constantly agitating for more  and more playing time and who work and work on their game to prove they deserve it.

I liked Diarra's attitude from the first time he stepped on to a field for us (v Wolves). I liked it even more when, a couple of games later, he was utterly pissed off to be subbed towards the end. Danny Murphy always looked like he was about to punch someone whenever he was subbed. That's the kind of attitude I like.

There are far too many exotically paid bench warmers in the Premier League.

BobbyTheBrain

Agreed, Elton John would struggle to beat such a bitchy strop.

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 06, 2012, 09:43:28 PM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 06, 2012, 09:39:11 PM

That's even worse.

There are no words, I'm done.

Worst flounce ever
It's not fair to flair.