News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR ..... Things that really get on my goat !!!!!

Started by vagrant, August 06, 2012, 10:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

:wum:
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 07, 2012, 05:27:33 PM
Johnny Come Lately American "supporters" who only support a club because there happens to be an American on it, then stick around to muck things up on club message boards with their God awful political views, horrible knowledge of proper English, not to mention their views on "soccer", etc, etc.

086.gif  starsnstripes

:wum: :hook: 094.gif
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: vagrant on August 07, 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Receiving a text from someone under the age of 25, and having to find someone under the age of 25 to translate it.  U no wud I men.
I'm 15 and that took me a couple of minutes to work out
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on August 07, 2012, 05:43:00 PM
Quote from: vagrant on August 07, 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Receiving a text from someone under the age of 25, and having to find someone under the age of 25 to translate it.  U no wud I men.
I'm 15 and that took me a couple of minutes to work out

LOL

cottage cheese

when people use the word "literally" as a way of describing something...."literally miles offside".....somehow i dont think so

YankeeJim

Quote from: sipwell on August 07, 2012, 02:49:24 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 07, 2012, 02:38:33 PM
1. People who disagree with things I write.

2. People who agree, but don't bother to post a comment saying so.

3. People who post a comment agreeing, but don't do it enthusiastically enough.

4. People who think that posts like this mean I'm too self-involved.

Yeah, that about does it.

I agree. Best reply of the day, by miles!

I disagree. It seems like, ya know, actually, huh creeping Americanism.  I'd write more but I have to check my v/m.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Admin

People who park up at petrol pumps and return to their car with 2 bags of shopping. Sod off to Tesco's if you want to do a weeks shop, "Express" after the Tesco's kind of gives it away. Also standing behind them in a Petrol station wanting to pay for your petrol when they are paying for that full weeks shop!! 

Tomo

14 year old tw*ts on Twitter who start transfer rumors and think they are the oracle of Football when they haven't even got hairs on their arse!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

ToodlesMcToot

Monkeys!

.....and forum posters who monitor 14 yr old twitter tweeters for arse hair.  :005:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Tomo

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 07, 2012, 07:06:33 PM
Monkeys!

.....and forum posters who monitor 14 yr old twitter tweeters for arse hair.  :005:

:hook:

:wink:
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

King_Crud

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 07, 2012, 06:18:34 PM
when people use the word "literally" as a way of describing something...."literally miles offside".....somehow i dont think so

that was when I decided James Allen was a poo F1 commentator: "Nico Rosberg is literally having a baptism of fire".

No James, he's not.

YankeeJim

Anyone seem to notice that threads like this seem only to pop up in the off season?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Whitby Fulham

People who park in disabled/motorcycle/parent and child bays so they can save 15 seconds walking in to a supermarket.

MisfitKid

1) People who can't wait a few seconds until you exit an elevator/train/etc.
2) People who need to flip on their phone before they leave church on Sunday.
3) All those Nigerians trying to sending me their money...   :doh:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Alan

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 07, 2012, 06:18:34 PM

I think Collins John tried it on a couple of occasions...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

gang

Me-ate-Live, innit??

People who talk jack ****  on the  phones on the bus when I am trying to read my book 
Garry Lineker  commentating on the Olympics  just plain wrong ( he should get lessons from Clare Balding ) 
People who Spit in the street, Makes me want to rip their heads of and clean it up

Lighthouse

Yes agree about Gary Lineker. Balding and Hazel Irvine are far better at that anchor spot. Lineker just stops me from bothering to watch.

Agree about spitting and anything else people feel it is ok to do in the street that they wouldn't do infront of their Mother.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Matt Inglis

Abuse of the word "literally".
Anyone that says "over-exaggerate".
Bullshitters.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

gang

HatterDon

Quote from: Matt Inglis on August 08, 2012, 03:29:54 PM
Abuse of the word "literally".
Anyone that says "over-exaggerate".
Bullshitters.

I'm with you Mr. Inglis; however, the Oxford English Dictionary -- which is pretty much the bible on proper usage -- has taken to bending to the popular will. The latest editions allow for "literally" to mean the exact opposite of literally. They also have decided that although "gauntlet" is a glove and "gantlet" is a form of punishment in which a person is forced to run between two lines of men facing each other and armed with clubs or whips to beat the victim, the two words are interchangable.

It used to be running the gantlet and throwing down the gauntlet, but evidently either is fine now -- which drives me nutso. At this rate, it won't be long until

a. CHOMPING ON the bit is an acceptable substitute for CHAMPING AT the bit
b. "I could care less" has the same meaning as "I couldn't care less" AND
c. "Things that really get ON my goat" is an acceptable subsitute for "Things that really get my goat."

Ah, the English language and how she's spoke.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel