News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR ..... Things that really get on my goat !!!!!

Started by vagrant, August 06, 2012, 10:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

1.  When you are about the sixth car at a set of traffic lights, and when the lights change to green, the first two cars pull away as though they have all the time in the bloody world.!.!.!

2.  People who say " At this moment in time." it's gone mate, as soon as you said it.!.!.

3.  Teabags that split giving you a mouthful of tea leaves .!.!

4.  Rain.

Feel free to contribute.  It's been a bad day........

SP

My two:

1) Preceeding everything with 'I'm not being funny but'

2) Australian quotation innotation or whatever it's called

The Bronsons

1. When you answer a ringing phone by saying "Hello, X here", and the person at the other end says, "Is that X?"

2. People hogging lanes on motorways. If you aren't overtaking, move to the £$%^&* left!!!!!

3. "Team GB": we are not "Team GB" we are "Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Whiteroom

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

TheDaddy

At the moment its those bloody calls from companies that tell me i had an accident ?
After 3 calls in one day the 4 got this...

Hello Mr daddy it appears your intitled to a clam after having an accident.

Me.. really what the bloody hell did i do this time ?

Them.. short pause you had an accident and are intitled to claim.

Me..Yeah i know you just told me how bad was i injured did i break anything or was it a stupid fall /concussion something like that !

Them..short pause again  Well sir your intitled to up to £2000

Me.. Dam i was hoping i really hurt myself ,Must of just sort of fell over then ?

Them..Well sir the recent accident you had could get you up to £2000

Me..No thanks im holding out for a bigger claim !

long pause....

Me..Next time you call becareful i don't have an accident answering the phone because i could be intitled to £2000 of your companies money...

Phone goes dead and you no what i haven't had a call since Gutted i do so enjoy them....
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BedsFFC

Matt_Keen

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 07, 2012, 12:47:16 AM
1. When you answer a ringing phone by saying "Hello, X here", and the person at the other end says, "Is that X?"

2. People hogging lanes on motorways. If you aren't overtaking, move to the £$%^&* left!!!!!

3. "Team GB": we are not "Team GB" we are "Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

2 is an absolute pet hate of mine. 3 also winds me right up, how ironic that Great Britain has effectively Americanised it's Olympic team name.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Matt_Keen on August 07, 2012, 05:44:34 AM
3. also winds me right up, how ironic that Great Britain has effectively Americanised it's Olympic team name.

What bugs me is that you get to compete as a cluster rather than individual nations/countries. I think the Nordics should enter the next winter olympics as 'Team Scandi'  086.gif
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Keefy

Pick any ten Sky "pundits". Shure to find the majority,if not all fit this description. I'd apply for the job myself but would not want to be associated with such people

zzamora

1) "I'm not Racist/Homophobic BUT"

2) The use of the word liaise. Just hate it.

3) Tourists who work very slow down the middle of the street your trying to walk down

4) Lazy Tube Drivers

5) The sorry sate of music today- and the people who have destroyed it *cough* Simon *cough*

Lighthouse

People who ring at the door and then smile and say 'It's alright I am not trying to sell you something' then try and sell you something.

Phone calls from people who tell me I have a package waiting in an airport worth a zillion quid but just need to make a small payment to release it.

Life. It seems a complete waste of our time. I pass the beauty without noticing it because I am too flustered and busy. I notice the ugly because I see it reflected in the eyes of others, as they look at me.  :55:

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

vagrant

People who work in electrical stores and you know more about the product you want than they do.

Slugs....... What's the point ?

Stoke City....... What's the point ?

CorkCity

I cant think of anything that really annoys me. Some people probably find that annoying !

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Ron Sheepskin

• People who say 'such and such happened at 6am this morning'. Really? Thanks for clearing up which 6am it was today.
  • People who think the world will stop if they don't check their sodding phone for messages the second they get off the tube, or every 5 minutes in the cinema (warning - this one will make me go postal one day)
  • Weather forecasters. Notice how they start by telling you what the weather was like earlier. This is so that you are lulled into a false sense of confidence by the time they start guessing what it will be like tomorrow.
  • Endless arguments on Twitter about which Bundesliga team to support.  :dft012:
  • People who make lists.

"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Gozorich

'Like...'

'There are lots of people worse off than you, you know...'

'This'll make you laugh...'

'You're gonna luv this...'

mr-ska

Sportsmen who  every punctuate sentence with the word 'look' when making a point...

Qpr /Brentford fans who write Foolham when referring to Fulham.. Hilarious guys!

Cold callers/ PPI advisors who ring my phone whilst im watching Neighbours