watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A bit of memorabillia from the dark old days

Started by The Doctor, August 07, 2012, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor

Dad was clearing out the loft and came across this letter the other day.  Thought I'd share it on here as I know some like a good old reminisce.  'Scuse the low quality photo - don't have acess to a scanner at the moment.  If anyone can't make out the text, I can always reproduce it later on

mr-ska

TonyGilroy

Wasn't Cottage Chance the lottery where the proceeds went missing along with the Organiser?

The Equalizer

Doc, if you've got an iPhone or Android smart phone, download an app called 'CamScanner'. That's just as good as a real scanner.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Scrumpy

I won Cottage Chance!  098.gif 098.gif One thousand quid, which was a lot of money for me in those days (still is!).

I remember having to sit in the Riverside Stand for the match, rather than my usual spot by the Green Pole, so that I was easily available to accept my cheque at half time. I remember looking around me at the missing seats, peeling paint etc and thinking that the Club could do with the money more than me. So i did the decent thing -accepted the cheque and went out on the p1ss  :011:.

Bad old days, But good too, in their way.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Doctor

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 07, 2012, 01:01:11 PM
if you've got an iPhone or Android smart phone

A what?!

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 07, 2012, 11:32:49 AM

Wasn't Cottage Chance the lottery where the proceeds went missing along with the Organiser?

I've no idea, Tony.  I would have been 9 when Dad got this letter and it's the first time I've seen it so don't really remember "Cottage Chance".

WORTHINGFULHAM

I remember late eighties when going to northampton away, scarf out the window, i was young lad sitting in the back of the car when on the motorway a car pulls along side us and gave a few beeps.
Looked closer to see jimmy hill on his way to the game too driving himself up but giving us the thumbs up. lol those were the days, good days in some respects for comedy value and ever living in the dream of playing div 1 football.