watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

old skool member from worthing

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, August 08, 2012, 07:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Ok so it all began back in 1986 when i was taken to a fulham game by my late grandad, i never looked back.
Lower league football was all i knew and i loved it, terraces, inflatables, kenny achangpong, leeeeerroy, clive walker, big jim stannard, ivor, etc are the memories i hold dear.
The buzz of pulling a big team in a cup was quality,  the faces at the cottage when we only got a few thousand and i was one of the faces. i remember fulham clubcall, who else remembers that? Lol
i held a season ticket for 15 years and even though my job now means working weekends i am still a regular attender....well as much as lets me.
I introduced some pals from worthing also, mallet, leaver as well as my bruv russ.
Russell , leaver and mallet all still go regularly and keep the flag flying.
I didnt miss a home european game in our cup final year also making sofia, rome, hamburg semi and of course the final.
Where we are now is incredible and a far cry of the 80s, i guess newer fans only know us in the prem so dont really know how it used to be and can only base things on what they know.
This is going to an exciting season, viva jol, long live fulham.

WORTHINGFULHAM

If your thinking random post, its because its meant to be in the introduce yourself section but some how found its way here too...

mr-ska

Nice post WorthingFULHAM..  i love to hear how people were attracted to the club.   Nice1

Tomo

Nice to see another few whites down this neck of the woods!

Welcome!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Kids coming on here pretending to be old school. I don't know.

Good to read your experiences. Good times.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WORTHINGFULHAM

Good times indeed lighthouse, good times indeed. we are in another era now, in more ways than one only thanks really to uncle MO. maybe name the Riverside stand after him?

LBNo11

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on August 08, 2012, 10:02:59 PM
Good times indeed lighthouse, good times indeed. we are in another era now, in more ways than one only thanks really to uncle MO. maybe name the Riverside stand after him?

...I have taken that as a 'given'.

076.gif WorthingWhite from an even older school...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC