watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

good to see the hammers top the most paid to agents last year table

Started by cottage cheese, August 09, 2012, 10:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

they accounted for over a fifth of the total amount for every team in the football league.

Shows how poorly they are run. Im glad we as a club have never operate in favour of making agents happy and long may it continue.

Can you imagine how high their wage bill must have been last year the fact they have released a chunk of their squad to balance the books!

LBNo11

...aaah, the Allardyce factor, agents follow him around like a malodorous stench, I can't think why...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr_Moon

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 09, 2012, 01:32:14 PM
But they achieved their goal of promotion didn't they?

Barely. For the amount of money they spent, they should have run away with the league title a la Newcastle. Instead they threw money everywhere and scraped in to the premier league by the skin of their teeth.

Not the best way to run a football club with a rich history of financial problems.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 09, 2012, 01:39:27 PM

Barely. For the amount of money they spent, they should have run away with the league title a la Newcastle. Instead they threw money everywhere and scraped in to the premier league by the skin of their teeth.

Not the best way to run a football club with a rich history of financial problems.

But still, they made it back so won't be too disheartened that they didn't win the league. It might not have been pretty, but they took a huge risk which paid off.

Jack Fulham

July 3: David Sullivan declares he is taking a sensible approach to agents fees. "I cannot see any collective decisions, but there are quite a few clubs - for example Norwich, Swansea and WBA - who seem to be taking a more sensible approach to things and West Ham will be in that camp. We'll pay good wages but not be taken to the cleaners by agents and players at the expense of our supporters."

August 9: Figures are announced that reveal West Ham accounted for almost a fifth of the total amount spent on agents fees in the Football League - £4.31million of £21.7million - in the 2011/12 season.

TonyGilroy

You seem to be suggesting that David Sullivan may not be a straight forward, honest man whose word is his bond, straight up guv I wouldn't tell a lie on me dear old Mam's life.

I've never heard that before.