watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Jimmy Bullard

Started by Lighthouse, August 09, 2012, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Midfielder Jimmy Bullard is facing an uncertain future with Ipswich Town ahead of the new season.

The 33-year-old has been a peripheral figure in pre-season and was not even among the substitutes for Wednesday's 2-1 friendly win over Colchester.

"At the moment, he's not in the squad, it's as simple as that," manager Paul Jewell told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"There are no untoward reasons, I just don't see the point of him sitting on a bench and getting 10-15 minutes."

He continued: "Jimmy wants to play football, he works ever so hard in training - at the moment it's just not happening for him."

Following spells with Peterborough, Wigan and Fulham, Bullard joined Hull City for £5m early in 2009.

However, his impact on Humberside was restricted by knee problems and two years later he moved to Ipswich on loan before completing a permanent move 12 months ago.

Bullard only started 12 matches in the Championship last season, and his exclusion in pre-season comes at a time when Jewell admits he needs to add depth to his squad.

"The lads who have started the last two games have done exceptionally well, but I think we're three players short," he said.

"We want to bring young players to the club as well as add that little bit of experience in key areas, which is vital."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Judas Priest!!!! ---- dont leave him in the dressing room alone.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

General

I for one feel really sorry for the guy! Say what you want regarding how he left but he was a Fulham favourite and a genuine fan favourite of fans in general whilst at the club and without him we wouldn't be in the premiership or done as well as we did.

Coleman said when he bought him that it was the best £2.5 million this club had ever spent and I to a certain extent agree - And we got £5 million in return from Hull.

He just hasn't seemingly recovered from being villanised after making a stupid mistake and leaving us with a bad taste.

I hope it's nothing serious as it's not nice seeing such seemingly decent people go through tough times, which he evidently is.

If you're reading this Jimmy, I hope you're well and thanks for everything - we appreciate you really, even if some of us are still bitter and it's inside us.

TonyGilroy

I don't think you've kept up with the reports of his behaviour at Hull and Ipswich.

Mr_Moon

Bitter? Yep, bitter memories of Bullard came flooding back when we thumped Juventus.

I still can't sleep at night.

cottage cheese

loves his booze, and often clashed with Woy. He was always going to leave that year regardless of injury as he was a bad apple within the group. Having bumped into mark schwarzer a few years back in kingston, he commented on how bullard was a good footballer and a real threat on the pitch but behind the scenes he was a nuisance and often interupted sessions and meetings so maybe him leaving was a blessing realy!

LBNo11

...knowing what Bullard has been like whilst pushing to leave Fulham and his exploits at the other clubs he has been to since, makes me appreciate Chris Baird even more...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Proof if ever any were needed that you can be the architect of your own success, or downfall...

mr-ska

He was Fishing at a complex the other Week when the Fulham Fishermans Club had a match..  we didnt see him... but it was a good job he wasn't on our lake!

bobby01

Oh well,he still has his pub in Crayford to retreat to.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Burt

Yes, the One Bell. They should rename it the Bell End.

licker

Oh dear, i just read another thread about crucifixion, how short some memories are,  the Lord on high slips to become a Judas.
I remember reading on here how he was past it, likes a drink, injury prone, and should be replaced, then  when he does go there's uproar.

Irrespective of how he left, he was a great player while he was at the Cottage, a good motivator in the dressing room and on the pitch, I think he should be remembered for that, he's also a nice bloke.

Bill.

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 09, 2012, 10:39:22 AM
Judas Priest!!!! ---- dont leave him in the dressing room alone.
:011: :011: :011:
@hincharoo

WORTHINGFULHAM

We so off loaded him at the right time, since leaving us his career has spiraled down into the depths of oblivion!!!!

hurricane_nz

Mate of mine is a big Hull fan and he said Bullard leaving us and going to them was beginning of the end in PL for them, with the wages they offered and in reality he didnt do much for them did he! As soon as they went down they offloaded him quick smart. Was a good bit of business done by Roy at time tho and I think we got the best of him. Would have been interesting to see how he would have gone in the Europa League run tho if he had decided to stick around and not just chase the money!

sunburywhite

Interesting to look back and think how more influental Murphy became after he didn't have to spend so much time covering for Bullard
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MasterHaynes

Quote from: General on August 09, 2012, 12:54:55 PM
I for one feel really sorry for the guy! Say what you want regarding how he left but he was a Fulham favourite and a genuine fan favourite of fans in general whilst at the club and without him we wouldn't be in the premiership or done as well as we did.

Coleman said when he bought him that it was the best £2.5 million this club had ever spent and I to a certain extent agree - And we got £5 million in return from Hull.

He just hasn't seemingly recovered from being villanised after making a stupid mistake and leaving us with a bad taste.

I hope it's nothing serious as it's not nice seeing such seemingly decent people go through tough times, which he evidently is.

If you're reading this Jimmy, I hope you're well and thanks for everything - we appreciate you really, even if some of us are still bitter and it's inside us.
Hear, hear, everyone forgets his contribution, especially his free kicks in the run in , without him we would not even have been in the position where Danny's header saved us. You can count on one hand the number of players we have sold for twice as much as bought them.

epsomraver