News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

League winners and relegation predictions.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 09, 2012, 02:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cebu

Quote from: EJL on August 10, 2012, 04:21:19 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2012, 04:05:32 AM
waiting for this until the window closes
Me too... although it'll make no difference. I'm always wrong.

So you're sitting on the fence, eh?  Wait a moment, so am I and for the same reason.

Tomo

Winners has got to be City / Chelsea

Relegated:  Aston Villa, Norwich, QPR

I think if the team stays how it is now I could see us progressing to 8th with decent cup runs. Then next year Jol will do what he did with spurs and we'll be 5th
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Bassey the warrior

Man City to win. Norwich, West Brom and Reading to go down. Swansea will be fine. The players are used to the system Rodgers set up and Laudrup won't change it too much. They won't miss Allen as much as people think, Britton is a similar kind of player. Michu will need to provide plenty of goals to make up for the loss of Sinclair and Sigursson. If there's a risk it's that they won't score enough goals. But they will keep it tight at the back so they should be okay.

The King

Winners: Fulham

Relegated: Chelsea, Man United, Man City

Eh?

Porkopolis

City to win with Norwich, West Brom and Swansea making the drop.

EJL

Quote from: cebu on August 10, 2012, 10:14:16 AM

So you're sitting on the fence, eh?  Wait a moment, so am I and for the same reason.
Not sure the fence can support much more!

HatterDon

And me as well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Crede15

Is anybody finding it more difficult to pick relegation candidates this year than it usually is? Last year I was convinced Wigan would go down, and was pretty confident about Wolves.

This year I just don't know. I'm not as convinced about Norwich as some, just looking at the transfers thread it seems like while they haven't maybe improved the squad much, it hasn't gotten worse. It just depends on how much they miss Lambert. On the other hand I think Lambert is good enough that I would be pretty surprised by Villa going down. Laudrup seems like a good replacement for Rodgers style wise, it just depends on if they lose more than Allen and can replace Caulker. Reading have made some good moves IMO and they had a really good defensive record last year which should bode well for them. My hunch is that Allardyce's style will keep West Ham up and Southampton should be able to score goals.

So basically I'm clueless at this point. I might be leaning towards Norwich and West Brom, but I'll make my picks after the window closes.

For league winner I'll go with United.