News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

League winners and relegation predictions.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 09, 2012, 02:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Who do you think will win the league this season and which three teams do you think will drop into the Championship?

Would also be interested in who you think will be promoted to the Premier League?

Premier League winners: Again, I can't see past Manchester City winning the title, virtually the same squad that was so strong for most of last season, Etihad dominance is key. I do believe that Chelsea could push, depending on how quickly their squad gels together, and you can never rule out Manchester United.

Relegation favourites: I'm going for Norwich, Reading and it's a tussle between West Brom and Aston Villa.

cottage cheese

relegated for sure

norwich..have a poor squad and will find life tough this year
wigan....they have lost diame and on the verge of losing moses.

the last place will be between
reading...no real attack
west brom..is clarke up to the job?
sunderland..have stalled with heavy spending over the years and not much quality on the pitch, could be a surprise this year
southampton

MJG

Man Utd to win the lge, Man City 2nd and then Chelsea 3rd.

Going down: Reading, Wigan and toss up between Southampton & Norwich, with Southampton just staying up on GD.

FFC1987

Premier League Winners: I agree with City and Chelsea as main contenders but think if the arsenal keep RVP (and fit) they could be in with a top 3 shout. The team who could be a shock in the title fight are Man United. I don't see them progressing much but I know its hard to write them off.

Relegation favourites: Norwich,WestHam and my tussle is WestBrom and Wigan.

aussierod

League Winners = Man City, 2nd = Arsenal, 3rd = Man Utd (for some reason I feel Arsenal's spending on bringing quality first team players has been good & they will have a good season, I also think it will be enough to convince RVP to stay, plus Wilshire will be back this season)

Relegation = Wigan, Norwich are dead certs for going down & the last relegation being possibly West Brom, Southampton or Reading to fight to avoid being the other team to go down
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Mr Fulham

I'm an absolute good-for-nothing when it comes to predictions and that sort of stuff, but I will nevertheless chance it:

1. ManUtd
2. ManCity
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Sunderland
10. QPR
11. Southampton
12. Fulham
13. Aston Villa
14. West Ham
15. Stoke
16. Wigan
17. Swansea
18. West Brom
19. Reading
20. Norwich

mr-ska

Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea

Fulham 9th

Bottom
Wba
Norwich
Reading

Fernhurst

10. QPR
11. Southampton
12. Fulham

oh bugger.... but I fear you may be correct.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FFC1987

I can't see QPR doing it personally but each to their own  :dft012:

btings

Not sure how, but I think this is the year Spurs go to the CL.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 09, 2012, 04:58:31 PM
10. QPR
11. Southampton
12. Fulham

oh bugger.... but I fear you may be correct.

Just me being gloomy again I guess.

That scenario is if Dempsey leaves tbh. If he stays, I can see us finishing within the Top10.

MasterHaynes

Winners City or UTD depending on whether Utd bring in any key midfield players but I think the top 4 will revert to type with Arsenal & Chelsea well clear of the pack.

Relegation
Norwich and Swansea both have new managers wanting to play differently than what both teams are used to. Swansea losing Sigurdsson whose free kicks kept them out of the relegation scrap in the last 4 games is going to be big loss, much bigger than losing Allen. If they start badly I think they will be certainties by January with more players wanting to jumping ship. Norwich will suffer the combined syndromes of 2nd season and new manager, surely Hughton can't keep pulling Rabbits out of the hat like he has done at Newcastle and Birmingham.

It will be toss up between Reading, Southampton and maybe Spammers,Villa and QPR getting sucked in if they start slowly and are still on backfoot by start of December. We play all these teams early in the season and need to win all the games against all those team listed Home and AWAY starting with 4-0 against Norwich.

PS whether Dempsey stays or goes we will comfortably finish top 10. If we can buy another good striker and attacking midfield player then 6-8th is real possibility.

Burt

Citeh to win.

I fancy WBA, Swansea and Reading for the drop.

FA Cup winners - Fulham.

League Cup winners- Fulham.

Darn, those Blingo tablets are working a treat!

Burt

Oh, and welcome back Mr FPT sir, good to have you back. Next time there is a bit of handbags just step away for a bit. Few things in life are worth falling out with people over.

btings

I'm jumping on the "Swansea for relegation" bandwagon.  Makes me sad, they were a nice story.  Maybe they'll squeak by.

Burt

Quote from: Burt on August 09, 2012, 06:45:35 PM
Oh, and welcome back Mr FPT sir, good to have you back. Next time there is a bit of handbags just step away for a bit. Few things in life are worth falling out with people over.

Oops sorry Mr FPT, just read your other post explaining it wasn't down to handbags. Please ignore me, I'm irrelevant...

Terry Angus

Winners: Fulham

Relegated: QPR, Chelsea and either Reading or Norwich

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2012, 04:05:32 AM
waiting for this until the window closes
Me too... although it'll make no difference. I'm always wrong.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Burt on August 09, 2012, 06:43:41 PM
Citeh to win.

I fancy WBA, Swansea and Reading for the drop.

FA Cup winners - Fulham.

League Cup winners- Fulham.

Darn, those Blingo tablets are working a treat!

Don't you know its the year of Fulham Burt? Fulham to win everything!
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi