News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does Song to Barcelona mean we lose Dembele to Arsenal?

Started by MasterHaynes, August 09, 2012, 07:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

If Song moves to Barcelona it could be bad news for us as Wenger has the enough money in his war chest to prise Dembele from us. Dembele would be a perfect like for like replacement for Song. If Dembele has not signed the extension already then we would have to accept £15m, hopefully more if offered

Mr Fulham

Black, White and Fred

I can kind of see what you mean. The Moose is great at taking the ball off a player with out really putting a tackle in. He just uses his body to gain possession. Plus the boy can put through a stylish ball. Anyone remember the backheel wonder flick?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

elgreenio

Would expect it to pave the way for Sahin to Arsenal.

Barca are complete scumbags over the transfer as usual, somebody needs to lump a massive fine on them

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 09, 2012, 07:26:52 PM
Song is a defensive midfielder

His role has slowly changed over the last few seasons, I'd say he is more of a box to box midfielder now.

MasterHaynes

Dembele was 3rd in the number of successful tackles last season, including defenders. Song controls the ball and beats players like Dembele,  makes some great passes.
Dembele was a revelation last season playing deeper and behind the attacking players Ruiz and Dempsey. I think he would be an upgrade on Song for Arsenal.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 09, 2012, 08:41:34 PM
Dembele was 3rd in the number of successful tackles last season, including defenders. Song controls the ball and beats players like Dembele,  makes some great passes.
Dembele was a revelation last season playing deeper and behind the attacking players Ruiz and Dempsey. I think he would be an upgrade on Song for Arsenal.

an upgrade on Song? Maybe in the future but there is a reason Barca want him!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I think Song to Barcelona means Yann M'Vila to Arsenal. Surprised that one hasn't happened already to be honest.

Bassey the warrior

Berserker

Quote from: elgreenio on August 09, 2012, 07:37:59 PM

Barca are complete scumbags over the transfer as usual, somebody needs to lump a massive fine on them

Why are they being scumbags, just interested as don't know the gossip
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Patterson

A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

itombomb

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 09, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

His role has slowly changed over the last few seasons, I'd say he is more of a box to box midfielder now.
Yep, him and Dembele of 2012 basically play the same position. If anything, Dembele is a more disciplined defensive player now. Song is excellent though.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: itombomb on August 10, 2012, 12:21:25 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 09, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

Yep, him and Dembele of 2012 basically play the same position. If anything, Dembele is a more disciplined defensive player now. Song is excellent though.
I'd argue that Dembele is the better tackler. Song is clumsy at times.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 09, 2012, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 09, 2012, 08:41:34 PM
Dembele was 3rd in the number of successful tackles last season, including defenders. Song controls the ball and beats players like Dembele,  makes some great passes.

an upgrade on Song? Maybe in the future but there is a reason Barca want him!
You'd be hard pushed to claim he was as good as Song never mind better.

elgreenio

Quote from: Berserker on August 09, 2012, 10:45:04 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on August 09, 2012, 07:37:59 PM

Why are they being scumbags, just interested as don't know the gossip

Doing their usual routine of having every Barca player talking openly about it in press conferences

touch my camera through the fence