watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kenwyne Jones

Started by FFC1987, August 10, 2012, 09:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

The twitter polls are suggesting we are now going after this guy, what do you think? Would you take him?

I thought maybe at first but saw Stoke have reported they are looking between 5-8 mil for him.....

Not convinced on that price.

TonyGilroy

He'd give us a very different option but I can't see how he'd fit with our style.

Stoke paid a lot for him and he hasn't been a regular despite the fact that their long ball "game" ought to be made for him.

AlFayedsChequebook

He's a decent player, and if we were looking to bring in a Zamora type player he would be just the ticket.

But I would be confused if we spent that much on a target man who doesnt seem to fit our style

NorthernWhite

The strongest rumours are that he's going to Villa.

He's done nothing of note for a good season and a half now. Looked excellent at Southampton and then up at Sunderland for a while. Once he's been at a club for a little while, his regular performances dip massively so no thanks.

bog

No thanks. I recall he at Southampton and when he wanted a move refusing to play anymore for the club. Emm. Even my barge pole says in its holder. 

cmg

Non-goalscoring, over priced, injury-prone, striker with a poor attitude who has disappointed wherever he has been and was, at least at one time, highly rated by Tony Pulis. I'd buy him...a single to Birmingham.

FFC1987

All valid points, I guess this points again at poor journalism as again we are linked with Carlton Cole and Jones. Neither good enough but somehow media perceptions are that we struggle next season but these players might do a job for us. Can't wait for silly season to finish so our youth shuts up a few critics.

Bassey the warrior

If we could get him back to his Sunderland form he could be a good player. There are two problems though, firstly he's lazy and secondly he's a troublemaker. His laziness may rule it out for me. We need all 10 outfield players to work hard.

HatterDon

Three words:

1. Big
2. Strong
3. Lazy
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

He was an absolute donkey agaisnt us this season. Awful!

Burt

He is good when he is having an in-form day.

The only problem is they are few and far between.

If you could harness that and motivate him to perform all the time, he would be a strong part of any side.

alfie

I could be wrong but get the impression that people are not overly impressed with him. :wink:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mangoputney

Lazier than Zamora without Capello attending the Cottage...

Lukaku or Jones, no contest...

Oh so Fulhamish for us to get the donkey
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation