watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brendan Rodgers in pathetic interview shocker

Started by Mr Fulham, August 11, 2012, 12:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2186804/Brendan-Rodgers-chasing-Clint-Dempsey-Nuri-Sahin.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rodgers shocked at 'incredible' prices slapped on transfer targets as Liverpool boss eyes Sahin and Dempsey

Brendan Rodgers admits he is shocked at the prices being quoted for his transfer targets since he took over as Liverpool manager.

Rodgers has signed Joe Allen from his old club Swansea after meeting the £15million release clause in the midfielder's contract.

But the frustrated Anfield boss has found other deals harder to complete because he claims clubs try to drive up the price whenever Liverpool show an interest.

Rodgers is keen to bolster his newly acquired squad further, and is interested in either Fulham's Clint Dempsey or Real Madrid's Nuri Sahin.

'It's absolutely incredible,' said Rodgers after taking charge of his first home game against FC Gomel on Thursday.

'It's always complex at a big club but what I've learnt here very quickly is that the minute Liverpool are interested it adds about two noughts onto the price tag of a player.

'It's probably a wee bit frustrating for everyone, including myself, that we haven't got signings coming in quicker
, but I think we've seen that the squad we've got here is already a good one. I'm just trying to improve it a little.'

As well as Sahin and Dempsey, Rodgers has also been linked with Barcelona winger Cristian Tello, Arsenal's Theo Walcott and Wolves goalkeeper Dorus de Vries.

But he is reluctant to say just how many more new signings will arrive at Anfield before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

'I don't know whether I expect more signings to follow rapidly after Joe arrives, but certainly our hunt continues,' he added. 'I said when I first came in my objective was to build a squad that was going to be competitive.

'Hopefully between now and the end of August we can get some more players in who can help the players we have here. That would be great.

'I don't really want to say how many I'd like to bring in because if I say three, for instance, then people might say "you've not got three" if it doesn't happen.

'We still have work to do in the market and we hope to get it done sooner rather than later, because we want to give them as much time as possible to settle in.

'But I'm realistic enough to know that these things can take time. The people behind the scenes are working very hard on the targets I've asked to come in.'

Terry Angus

the guy's an ex-chelsea p****. he's just raped his former club by taking their best player and liverpool by wasting £15m of their money... can't wait until march when he gets sacked

Rupert

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 11, 2012, 01:02:13 AM

the guy's an ex-chelsea p****. he's just raped his former club by taking their best player and liverpool by wasting £15m of their money... can't wait until march when he gets sacked

Come now, Terry, stop sitting on the fence and let us know what you really think of the man.

So, taking him at his word that we added two noughts to the fee, he thinks Dempsey is worth £100,000.
I think Clint needs to told this. :Get Coat gif:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Brenda Ridgers said today how shocked  she was that her club could get away with it. She said   'It is amazing what Liverpool can get away with  isn't it? We can claim to have signed a player and announce it on a website when it isn't true. We can pay a huge price to my old club for a so so player. Yet complain to other clubs for not giving us their best players free. Yet because we are Liverpool nobody cares. Frankly if I am still in this job at Christmas it will be a shock. I came here for the dosh and to try and show them how to play football. But Roy told me they don't like being told what to do. Never mind, at least we are Liverpool and will always get away with it.'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

His comments are bog standard, out of the 2012 football manager's cliche book. Didn't say anything that  anybody doesn't know. 092.gif