watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Erik Nevland to retire at end of this season

Started by NorthernWhite, August 11, 2012, 08:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Erik Nevland has announced that he'll retire once this season has finished.

I loved watching this guy play and he was one of the most clinical finishers I've seen for us in the PL. He was often a sub but when he get a chance, he envariably tucked it away and never made noises about not starting every game. A real pro and he even paid part of the fee from his own pocket to Groningen to transfer to us as the deal was stalling.

The goals against Birmingham and Reading stand out for me in the Great Escape season. The one against Reading especially so as we stayed up on goal difference by something like 2 goals against Reading so if we'd only won 1-0, we could have gone down.

He seemed to love his time at the Cottage and appeared to be a real gent so I hope he goes out in style this season.

The Bronsons

I'll never forget Nevland's Birmingham goal. Absolute delirium and relief - we were actually going to win the game! Thanks for the memories, Erik.

LBNo11

...for such an almost cameo role in the premiership life of Fulham FC he made a great impact. Whenever a loss or a stalemate draw seemed inevitable, the announcement that "the Fulham substitute - ERIK NEVLAND" as he entered the field of play would fill so many with hope that he may turn things around, which he seemed to have a knack of doing.

A clinical finisher who played with a smile on his face, if only we had known about him when he was younger...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Travers Barney

A clinical finisher who played with a smile on his face, if only we had known about him when he was younger...
[/quote]

Very true...Utd did but he didn't fit.....wish we had Brian McBride earlier too LB.

COYW
We are the whites

Jamie88

Aah, Nevland, another name I always remember with saving our skin in the great escape season :)
Ditto to the comments above, wish we couldve had him a couple years previous to him joining us.

twang

I had totally forgotten that he payed about £500k out of his own pocket just to make the move to Fulham happen.

http://fotball.rbnett.no/eliteserien/article246426.ece

chiefo

Another great that oozed class both on and off the pitch. A true pro and I wish him every further success for the future. Good luck Nev.

HatterDon

Gentleman Jim says:  :012: :012: :012:

I say:  065.gif :medal: :Haynes The Maestro:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Echo the other comments... He may not have been around for long, but he made a hell of an impact.
:Haynes The Maestro:

hurricane_nz

Great player, was sad to see him go. Especially after his goals at the end of our great escape season!

cebu

Like others on here, I'd have loved it, if we could have got him earlier in his career. He's still a fan favourite and did score some key goals for us in his short Fulham career.