more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else concerned/annoyed....

Started by Mr Fulham, August 11, 2012, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2012, 11:32:30 PM
I don't understand how a club like Fulham have just two forwards a week before the season. Jol must be mystified. You cant run a top ten side or even a Prem side with Rodders and Petric as our only attacking players.

We have no penetration up front just like most of last season. This time we have no fall back position or plan B. A side that will be lucky not to struggle this season if only a couple of players are missing with injury. Let's hope for some good news of players coming in. As for Dempsey? Not sure I care anymore. If injured we miss him. If he is on his way. Why the delay? The money we want for him will be no good if we can't use it to replace the players we have lost already.

You might also want to check out both Petric' and Hugo's injury record over the years which makes things even more worrying.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I do not trust Jol,  I will not make that mistake again ( Fool me once Roy ...Baby!), but Jol is our manager and since Spurts have appointed an expensive bright young thing from the Iberian Peninsula   I no longer fear we will be managerless  everything else is a bonus

Jack Fulham

I don't understand how a club like Fulham have just two forwards a week before the season. Jol must be mystified. You cant run a top ten side or even a Prem side with Rodders and Petric as our only attacking players.

We have no penetration up front just like most of last season. This time we have no fall back position or plan B. A side that will be lucky not to struggle this season if only a couple of players are missing with injury. Let's hope for some good news of players coming in. As for Dempsey? Not sure I care anymore. If injured we miss him. If he is on his way. Why the delay? The money we want for him will be no good if we can't use it to replace the players we have lost already.

whether we have no penetration upfront is yet to be seen. No depth? Definitely.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 11, 2012, 11:21:07 PM
Quote from: Admin on August 11, 2012, 11:19:46 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 11, 2012, 09:44:19 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 11, 2012, 09:11:11 PM
Top 7 strength side for sure right now.
089.gif

No way, not with that squad. Another 2-3 quality aditions maybe.
That's it.

Agree. The squad we have now will be looking good for 15-17th. I still think there'll be some signings, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

not sure what the pessimism is suddenly all about. Two weeks ago everyone was fully satisfied with how great we were doing in bringing in Rodellega, Reither, and Petric....furthermore we have not lost Dempsey or Dembele. We have effectively replaced AJ (who wasn't even playing much) and Pog, so we are no worse off than we were at the end of last season.

Ok, so Murphy is gone but he was being phased out at the end of last season and Etuhu is gone but we have Sidwell back at near full fitness. So exactly why should we be worried? The data indicates we are as strong as we were last season, perhaps a bit stronger given our younger players have another season under their belts, the team knows the system better, we had a "NORMAL" off season with some rest included. Bryan is back. The malcontents are gone.

Maybe I am naive but I think we are fine and Alistair has plan A-Z already planned and sorted if anything else happens in the transfer window. The fact remains, we don't know if anyone else is leaving and/or who we are courting privately right now.

Lighthouse

Everyone WASN'T fully satisfied. I have never been fully satisfied. Well that was that veal and ham pie followed by ...sorry I digest.

The point is we have been short of forwards for some time. So we sell them all and bring in two. Even with playing only one upfront we are pushing it. As for the midfield. If you play five you need two wide players to bomb forward. We are pretty short in that area. Then there is central midfield. Well I have made my point.

I wonder if there is any pie over?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Walsh

Maybe it's time for Trotta or Dalla-Valle gets a run out in the Prem? we also have Bryan Ruiz who played striker for FC Twente a few times and seemed to do quite well, I just don't think Jol want's to jump into a transfer which he is going to regret he is thinking every situation through and will only sign players which are up to his standards. I can't wait for next weekend to see how it pans out, shamefully I won't be able to watch the Fulham game as I am going to Burnley vs Bolton but I will catch up with the highlights most probably on MOTD.