watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else concerned/annoyed....

Started by Mr Fulham, August 11, 2012, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

....that we have yet to replace Danny Murphy with only a few days to go until the season kicks off?

I am, although I trust in Jol.

God The Mechanic

Maybe the replacement isn't available?  Or available for the right price?

It is a bit of a concern yah, but I'd rather wait for the right signing that take a punt on a second best.

tommy

No one can afford to pay full price at the moment so they are all waiting until the end of the transfer window. I'm expecting deadline day to be one of the busiest ever. Van Persie will go to UTD on deadline day for £15M. I know it means we have to make do for a couple of weeks but everyone is in the same boat.

TonyGilroy

We can't and won't replace Murphy because he's one of a kind. The team will have to learn to play without him.

Jol has said that he wants to sign a central midfielder and a striker.

jarv

I just checked all transfers in. Only 3 clubs have brought in more payers than Fulham.                  qpr, reading and west ham. As already stated, every team is being cautious.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 11, 2012, 06:33:20 PM

We can't and won't replace Murphy because he's one of a kind. The team will have to learn to play without him.

Jol has said that he wants to sign a central midfielder and a striker.

Exactly Mr. Gordon ... er ... Mr. Gilroy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Admin

I'm still concerned that we are 2-3 players short. We look a little leightweight in some areas and if we do acquire these I can see us having an average to poor campaign. Regardless of what people think, I still think we lack a target man up top and another midfielder.

Berserker

I'm concerned, but then i always am all season until we have enough points to be safe. It's like this every year with transfers and is getting worse, everybody waiting to do business, well unless you have huge amounts of money to spend. Well at least we haven't had the worry of getting a new manager
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

My very old mum says....there is always someone worse off than you...Fulham could be Rangers (the Glasgow one). 2-2 in their first league game in division 3. I wonder why Boca stayed there. Could be his apprenticeship for returning to MLS. :011:  I am sure someonr good will come in.

zzamora

In my mind he has been replaced- just not in the way you might consider it.

Bryan Ruiz moving to CAM.

mangoputney

Lightweight squad... Will be a lot of movement d day

Not ideal :$
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

btings

Quote from: ddeuce on August 11, 2012, 07:59:14 PM

I sort of believe this, I think Jol is moving the playmaker role further forward.  I really like Ruiz, but boy is there a lot riding on him right now.

We need another CM, but the transfer market seems kind of bonkers right now.  Going into the window, a lot of people expected ~8m for Dempsey as the going price, but Wolves won't sell Matt Jarvis for 9?  (Obviously, there are differences in age, contract length, etc, but also in quality.)  No wonder things are moving slowly.  If those valuations hold, maybe it's worth it just to get another 6 months of Dempsey and try again in January.

clintclintdeuce

Not concerned. I'll take what we have compared to much of the league at this point. Top 7 strength side for sure right now.
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: btings on August 11, 2012, 08:37:30 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on August 11, 2012, 07:59:14 PM

I sort of believe this, I think Jol is moving the playmaker role further forward.  I really like Ruiz, but boy is there a lot riding on him right now.

We need another CM, but the transfer market seems kind of bonkers right now.  Going into the window, a lot of people expected ~8m for Dempsey as the going price, but Wolves won't sell Matt Jarvis for 9?  (Obviously, there are differences in age, contract length, etc, but also in quality.)  No wonder things are moving slowly.  If those valuations hold, maybe it's worth it just to get another 6 months of Dempsey and try again in January.
The Dude abides.

Admin

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 11, 2012, 09:44:19 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 11, 2012, 09:11:11 PM
Top 7 strength side for sure right now.
089.gif

No way, not with that squad. Another 2-3 quality aditions maybe.

Mr Fulham

Lighthouse

I don't understand how a club like Fulham have just two forwards a week before the season. Jol must be mystified. You cant run a top ten side or even a Prem side with Rodders and Petric as our only attacking players.

We have no penetration up front just like most of last season. This time we have no fall back position or plan B. A side that will be lucky not to struggle this season if only a couple of players are missing with injury. Let's hope for some good news of players coming in. As for Dempsey? Not sure I care anymore. If injured we miss him. If he is on his way. Why the delay? The money we want for him will be no good if we can't use it to replace the players we have lost already.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oiseau

Although I trust Jol, I'm also very worried. The first half of the season could potentially be very difficult for us especially if we don't make any further signings. We absolutely need a new regista to replace Danny but they're quite difficult to find (especially on our budget.) Danny was an incredibly important figure in our squad and was at the core of almost every single move we made on the pitch. It'll be interesting to see how Jol alters to squad to adapt to playing without him.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2012, 11:32:30 PM

We have no penetration up front just like most of last season.

And even more worrying - we're without Clint now.

The guy WAS Fulham's attack during the last one and a half years, with kind help by some other folks.

17 goals and 7 assists...of our overall tally of 48 goals. That's quite frightening if you take into account that Pog (6 goals), BZ (5), AJ (3), Danny (3) and Orlando Sa (1) are also gone. That's 35 of our 48 goals GONE which means that the retained rest of the squad has scored a whopping 13 goals last season. Even with the additions of Petric and Rodallega, that's still frightening!