https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Dempsey theory

Started by Admin, August 11, 2012, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Quote from: ddeuce on August 12, 2012, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 12, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
In another thread yesterday TG drew attention to the similarity between the Dempsey situation and the Arsenal interest in Schwarzer a couple of years ago. The buying club would not meet our valuation and, whilst the player wanted to go, he is an honourable man and was prepared to accept his contractual obligations. He was left out of the squad whilst negotiations were in progress then, when his opportunity evaporated, he was brought back in and later extended his contract with us.

It sounds to me as though the club are playing the Dempsey situation in exactly the same way, and the outcome may well depend on a combination of Liverpool's willingness to meet us on the fee, and Dempsey's character.

This is exactly what I believe, and exactly what I said on Cottage Talk 2 weeks ago.

Bang on sir!

That's my view as well. I think Liverpool are trying to stretch this out to get him cheaper as the window nears it's end.

If he does go, I hope it's to another club that pay us cash and what we're looking for so Liverpool are gazumped.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: NorthernWhite on August 12, 2012, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: KCat on August 12, 2012, 02:18:39 PM
Burt , I do  not agree that it is clear that Dempsey want to go, what is clear is the majority of fans want or are resigned to him going. 
I just think we should hold fire on assuming Clint is the bad guy here.  The guy has given us 5 years had to prove himself with 4 of the five managers, he is a great ambassador for the club.  
IMO he would stay if he got a long enough contract and paid in the top end of our pay structure  up there with Schwartzer. 

Fulham have form when it comes to manipulating situations sometimes for the good, but not always.   

From the various reports on his contract, he's been offered 3 year deal with an option for a 4th and its the largest contract ever offered from Fulham.

I would say that's good enough to sign if he wanted to stay.

I don't think most people want him to go at all, just realistic that it looks like he'll be on his way.

NW, yes 'reported ' but the actual offer may have been something all together different. 
We will never know,  as it is just speculation.

NorthernWhite

True enough KCat. All we know as fact is he's been offered a 3 year deal.

This dragging on has helped neither club or player so in 3 weeks, hopefully this will be resolved one way or tother.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 12, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
In another thread yesterday TG drew attention to the similarity between the Dempsey situation and the Arsenal interest in Schwarzer a couple of years ago. The buying club would not meet our valuation and, whilst the player wanted to go, he is an honourable man and was prepared to accept his contractual obligations. He was left out of the squad whilst negotiations were in progress then, when his opportunity evaporated, he was brought back in and later extended his contract with us.

It sounds to me as though the club are playing the Dempsey situation in exactly the same way, and the outcome may well depend on a combination of Liverpool's willingness to meet us on the fee, and Dempsey's character.

I don't know a thing about the willingness of Liverpool but if the issue is Dempsey's charactor, I agree with KCat. The man has proved himself here.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Walsh

last season I put Dempsey in my fantasy team he defiantly ain't going in my team this year!

mhatc

Quote from: Walsh on August 12, 2012, 05:25:22 PM
last season I put Dempsey in my fantasy team he defiantly ain't going in my team this year!
He refused to join your fantasy team?  086.gif

btings

Klinsmann just named his USMNT squad for the August 15 friendly against Mexico - Dempsey is not included.  (Neither is Bocanegra or Altidore, fwiw.)

YankeeJim

The squad named is not all that strong so expect a spanking down in Assteca. If a full squad had been named, I'd say he was held out to avoid injury prior to a transfer. Since the squad is not a strong one I don't think it measn any more then all the meaningless drival we all have been posting about the Dempsey situation all summer long. Somebody close the silly season window pleeeeze.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: btings on August 12, 2012, 09:29:31 PM
Klinsmann just named his USMNT squad for the August 15 friendly against Mexico - Dempsey is not included.  (Neither is Bocanegra or Altidore, fwiw.)

Well, it seems clear to me that Clint is refusing to play for the USA and will be going to play for Upper Volta.

It's either that or, like last August, Klinsmann is picking mainly North American based players so as not to interfere with the start of European seasons. Naw that couldn't be it.

Damn you, Dempsey!!!!!!! :014: :014: :014:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2012, 12:07:48 AM
Naw that couldn't be it.

So Don, tell me - why did he train alone yesterday?

TWFL

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2012, 12:18:58 AM
Naw that couldn't be it.

According to Goal.com that is. Unless you have a different source?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: TWFL on August 13, 2012, 12:25:45 AM
Naw that couldn't be it.

Well he trained yesterday while the team were preparing for their match against Charlton. He's fit.

BarryP

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2012, 12:28:58 AM
Quote from: TWFL on August 13, 2012, 12:25:45 AM
Naw that couldn't be it.

Well he trained yesterday while the team were preparing for their match against Charlton. He's fit.

Players recovering from injury don't train? I am not saying this is the case but I am not saying it's not either.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Admin

He's fit, this is just another typical Mark Schwarzer situation from a couple of years back. Dempsey has expressed that he want's to leave Fulham, not just for CL football (which everyone thinks) but more so for pastures green, a brand new challenge, to test himself at another club. If people can get the CL situation out of their heads then the Liverpool move does make more sense. How ever we look at it, he'll be playing infront of the Kop, doubling his money and the Americans back home will love it. He'll become a ledgend in their eyes.

Anyway, I don't believe Dempsey is a horrible guy, he's told Fulham he wants to move on, we've tried offering him an improved contract which I honestly believe he has now declined. Fulham want a set amount for Dempsey, 10 million and have told him if a club comes in for him offering this amount then he can go. If not, then he winds down his contract. Que Steed where he went in the January window.

Anyway, I don't think Clint has been frozen out, I just think that he can't involved with Jol's plans if he doesn't want to play for Fulham and has been asked to train with the reserves/youth team. 

BarryP

Quote from: Admin on August 13, 2012, 12:51:16 AM
He's fit, this is just another typical Mark Schwarzer situation from a couple of years back. Dempsey has expressed that he want's to leave Fulham, not just for CL football (which everyone thinks) but more so for pastures green, a brand new challenge, to test himself at another club. If people can get the CL situation out of their heads then the Liverpool move does make more sense. How ever we look at it, he'll be playing infront of the Kop, doubling his money and the Americans back home will love it. He'll become a ledgend in their eyes.

Anyway, I don't believe Dempsey is a horrible guy, he's told Fulham he wants to move on, we've tried offering him an improved contract which I honestly believe he has now declined. Fulham want a set amount for Dempsey, 10 million and have told him if a club comes in for him offering this amount then he can go. If not, then he winds down his contract. Que Steed where he went in the January window.

Anyway, I don't think Clint has been frozen out, I just think that he can't involved with Jol's plans if he doesn't want to play for Fulham and has been asked to train with the reserves/youth team.

That theory is equally sound as KCat's and either is quite plausible.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

Naw that couldn't be it.

I don't know that he did, SG. I thought everyone was upset because he was spending yesterday with his children.

JBH

Quote from: Admin on August 13, 2012, 12:51:16 AM

Good points made but the strange thing is as far asd we are aware Dempsey has not actually handed in a Transfer request and if he wants out that badly then that is what he needs to do, unfortunately player's rarely seem to do this anymore and therefore they make the club look like the villian when really its just down to them not wanting to lose out on their cash pay-off :028:

So Clint needs to go public and force a move away from FFC  if that is what he really wants to do, if he wants out then I want him out now and not on Aug 31st because if he drags it out much longer then his Fulham status with the fans will seriously deteriate. 065.gif

TonyGilroy

because if he drags it out much longer then his Fulham status with the fans will seriously deteriate

I doubt that's of any relevance. If he leaves he won't look back and if he stays after 31st August he'll have no choice but to give it his best shot.

FFC1987

I agree with people saying its the Schwarzer situation but can it not be that he has a good relationship with the club and has said, I want to leave for the right offer to progress my career and Fulham have said Ok, but only for the right price.

Point here is that whats to say the contract isn't on the table still if the right offer doesn't come? Like with Mark, he waited for the right offer, it never came so he signed a bumper deal. Pending thecharacter of Clint is on par with Mark, I think this is a possible scenario. Contract declined for the time being but leaving it open till the end of the window.

HatterDon

Once again, when Dempsey leaves Fulham it will be as a result of a decision by the board, and it will be made on purely financial reasons. I think he's going because this is the summer when his transfer value is at its best.

Pretty much every transfer out is a decision of the selling team's board and the reasons are almost ALWAYS just about money. The only questions for the sellers are:

1. is this the right time to cash in on the player?
2. is the reduction in performance [in terms of team success] less than the economic impact of the sale

I don't think that either Dempsey or the board is being nefarious about this. I think Admin's postulate about Schwarzer is the closest think to logic that I've seen on this board about this player. The sad thing is, whether he goes or stays, Dempsey will be a target for abuse SOLELY because of unsubstantiated rumors.