watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Dempsey theory

Started by Admin, August 11, 2012, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

It's kind of making sense now. I honestly think that Dempsey wants to leave and he has told the club this.

I think the club has tried to offer him a new contract but he has sadly declined, again expressing his desire to leave.

The injury is a smoke screen, it always is. I think Fulham have used this to protect the club and player.

I believe Fulham have now told him he can leave but he's not going for less than 10 million, or unless Fulham have a replacment lined up. If they don't, he stay's and goes for free the following season.

This could be one or two situations where Liverpool either cough up the full 10 million in time for Fulham to bring in a replacement, or there is a player that comes the other way.

I honestly think that Liverpool have genuine interest, but are playing hard ball over price and this is what has delayed things. I think they've failed to come up with the 10 million asking price for Dempsey in time to find a replacement and now Fulham have asked for a certain player to come the other way.

The Allen deal from Swansea might have something to do with this as it now makes Adam surplus to requirements. If I didn't know any better, I'd bet Rodgers now comes back with Adams, cash and the deal will be completed this week. Hence the reason why Dempsey is training alone.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If  we want top dollar for our man,   shouldn't  we make sure he is fit for market?? 
Interesting that Moussa is not been treated the same. 

Could it be that Fulham is doing a Saha  ???   
They put Clint in the shop window because of his age ( after offering him a meager extension deal ). 
Got a nibble from Liverpool and Roma and got excited and saw a shed load of English pounds ???

Clint, has fitted in with 5 managers.  In 5 years, not one bad reports regarding him from the dressing room, he trains hard and all round good guy.   Within two week  we are expected to believe he has become a negative influence and has to train on his own.

If you don't smell a rat I bet they do in Coventry ............................... that's where Clint has been sent   

Mr Fulham

Admin, I share your opinion here. It starts to make sense. It will be a D-Day transfer I reckon. Let's hope we don't have another David Elm lined up as a late D-Day replacement. I fear it will be Crouch/Elm, Gignac/Sa, Barrios/Pog all over again!

WhiteJC

Reds offer Adam bait to Cottagers

Liverpool are ready to offer Fulham cash and Charlie Adam in an attempt to wrap up a deal for Clint Dempsey.

After concluding a move for Joe Allen, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will now step up his attempts to land the American international, who is keen to leave Craven Cottage for a bigger club.

Liverpool have been keen on the forward ever since Rodgers took charge but have been unable to agree a deal with Fulham, who value Dempsey in the region of £10million.

However Rodgers now hopes to twist their arm by throwing in 26-year-old midfielder Adam as part of the deal.

Fulham want a new creative midfielder to replace Danny Murphy and Adam would fit the bill perfectly.

Adam no longer figures in the plans of Rodgers following the £15million arrival of Allen from Swansea, and as long as the former Blackpool man is open to a move to Fulham, a deal could be on the cards.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/08/12/Reds-offer-Adam-bait-to-Cottagers/gnid-150437/?

TonyGilroy

Any of he's injured/on strike/mentally not right/about to be transferred/being omitted by Jol because he needs to play only those who will be staying could be true.

They're not mutually exclusive either - pick any or all. We don't know.

My guess is that the club won't want to lose two star players in one window and we're resigned to losing Dembele for nothing next summer which means we either get Clint to resign or get as much as we can for him now.

I think we just have to be patient and see how it plays out.

CorkCity

I think we have had the best out of Dempsey, he has played so much football in recent years, nearly all year round in some cases. Anyone can see he tires badly in the last 15 mins of a game.
Come in No 23, your time is up.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Berserker

I'm ok with the Adam plus cash deal. I just want it sorted out now not 11 pm on the last minute of the transfer window
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffc73

Adam + cash

and let's all move on please

mr-ska

Ive already accepted that Dempsey wont be playing for us next season.. if by some miracle im wrong, it would seem like a new signing.

epsomraver

If he wants to go then why not put in a transfer request has Fletcher has at Wolves?

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: Berserker on August 12, 2012, 09:01:01 AM
I'm ok with the Adam plus cash deal. I just want it sorted out now not 11 pm on the last minute of the transfer window

agree
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

HatterDon

Quote from: KCat on August 12, 2012, 12:35:18 AM
If  we want top dollar for our man,   shouldn't  we make sure he is fit for market?? 
Interesting that Moussa is not been treated the same. 

Could it be that Fulham is doing a Saha  ???   
They put Clint in the shop window because of his age ( after offering him a meager extension deal ). 
Got a nibble from Liverpool and Roma and got excited and saw a shed load of English pounds ???

Clint, has fitted in with 5 managers.  In 5 years, not one bad reports regarding him from the dressing room, he trains hard and all round good guy.   Within two week  we are expected to believe he has become a negative influence and has to train on his own.

If you don't smell a rat I bet they do in Coventry ............................... that's where Clint has been sent   

Now THIS is what makes sense to me. All the "he mentioned his children, he's gone" and "he's not playing so he's on strike" makes ZERO sense.

If the club wants to sell him, it's stupid to do so when they're pretending he injured. I don't doubt that they do want to sell him, but they're reducing his market value by saying he's injured. IT DON'T MAKE SENSE.

If Clint wants to go, why in the world would he show a future employer that he's so self-centered as to let the club who is paying his wages twist in the wind by going on strike. IT DON'T MAKE SENSE

Now, I do believe that the club would like to cash in on his track record and his future, and I do believe that Clint wouldn't object to a move that would cause the least amount of stress on his family. The thing is, that we're starting to become like those people who see Jesus' face in a tortilla. Everything isn't a sign, folks.

Thanks for the sanity break, KCat; you're like a breath of fresh air.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Gozorich

Please, please... if we are going to have to take a player in part exchange.. please let it not be Adam. He couldn't hack it at Ibrox and had a poor time last season. Why should we have to take a player Rodgers obviously wants to get shot of just so that they can have Dempsey?

Let Dempsey go by all means, by now I don't really care, but show a bit of composure when it comes to a replacement. Adam - no thanks. :dft007:

chiefo

I'm a bit baffled the way this saga has continued since comments end of last season by their American chief exec I think it was, and then we had the announcement they had signed Clint. Are these not grounds for tapping up surly, and should be reported, or is there no such thing as tapping up anymore?
And ya,I wouldn't be too keen on Adams either.

The Equalizer

I wouldn't accept Charlie Adam as a part of any agreement. He's a talentless pub football player who isn't fit to be in the Premier League.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Seems pretty clear that Dempsey wants out or is on the way out anyway.

Lets maximize the amount we can get for him. A part exchange with Adam doesn't particularly appeal.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Burt , I do  not agree that it is clear that Dempsey want to go, what is clear is the majority of fans want or are resigned to him going.
I just think we should hold fire on assuming Clint is the bad guy here.  The guy has given us 5 years had to prove himself with 4 of the five managers, he is a great ambassador for the club. 
IMO he would stay if he got a long enough contract and paid in the top end of our pay structure  up there with Schwartzer.

Fulham have form when it comes to manipulating situations sometimes for the good, but not always.   

Senior Supporter

In another thread yesterday TG drew attention to the similarity between the Dempsey situation and the Arsenal interest in Schwarzer a couple of years ago. The buying club would not meet our valuation and, whilst the player wanted to go, he is an honourable man and was prepared to accept his contractual obligations. He was left out of the squad whilst negotiations were in progress then, when his opportunity evaporated, he was brought back in and later extended his contract with us.

It sounds to me as though the club are playing the Dempsey situation in exactly the same way, and the outcome may well depend on a combination of Liverpool's willingness to meet us on the fee, and Dempsey's character.

zzamora

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 12, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
In another thread yesterday TG drew attention to the similarity between the Dempsey situation and the Arsenal interest in Schwarzer a couple of years ago. The buying club would not meet our valuation and, whilst the player wanted to go, he is an honourable man and was prepared to accept his contractual obligations. He was left out of the squad whilst negotiations were in progress then, when his opportunity evaporated, he was brought back in and later extended his contract with us.

It sounds to me as though the club are playing the Dempsey situation in exactly the same way, and the outcome may well depend on a combination of Liverpool's willingness to meet us on the fee, and Dempsey's character.

This is exactly what I believe, and exactly what I said on Cottage Talk 2 weeks ago.

Bang on sir!

NorthernWhite

Quote from: KCat on August 12, 2012, 02:18:39 PM
Burt , I do  not agree that it is clear that Dempsey want to go, what is clear is the majority of fans want or are resigned to him going.
I just think we should hold fire on assuming Clint is the bad guy here.  The guy has given us 5 years had to prove himself with 4 of the five managers, he is a great ambassador for the club. 
IMO he would stay if he got a long enough contract and paid in the top end of our pay structure  up there with Schwartzer.

Fulham have form when it comes to manipulating situations sometimes for the good, but not always.   

From the various reports on his contract, he's been offered 3 year deal with an option for a 4th and its the largest contract ever offered from Fulham.

I would say that's good enough to sign if he wanted to stay.

I don't think most people want him to go at all, just realistic that it looks like he'll be on his way.