News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else admit they have no idea how Fulham will fare this season?

Started by Alternative, August 12, 2012, 09:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alternative

Many make confident predictions.

I need to see quite a few games first.

Fulham could finish anywhere from 8th to relegation places IMO

mr-ska

i think we will be fine.. still time to sign a couple of players. There are options to use some of the youth squad as well. Im thinking we will  finish between 12th  and 8th...

ffc73

First seven games include Norwich, WHU, WBA, Wigan and Southampton.  See a separate thread where many have predicted those teams to go down.  Do we have to have a flyer?

Wolves won their first 2-games and went down.

I am never confident.  Objective for me, every season, is 40-points.  The sooner the better, obviously.

Lighthouse

I start of every season thinking how in the hell will we reach 40 points. Then when we do I  wonder to myself if we can make top 10. Then I hope that next season we can push on to even greater things.

Then the season starts and I think how in the hell will we reach 40 points.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkCity

The only thing we can be sure of is that we wont win the league
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Alternative

Quote from: FFC73 on August 12, 2012, 09:30:04 AM
First seven games include Norwich, WHU, WBA, Wigan and Southampton.  See a separate thread where many have predicted those teams to go down.  Do we have to have a flyer?

Wolves won their first 2-games and went down.

I am never confident.  Objective for me, every season, is 40-points.  The sooner the better, obviously.

We do not have to start on a flyer but it would be reassuring to get points early on or at least look as though we are playing well. Forty points is always a worry.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Alternative on August 12, 2012, 09:18:01 AM
Fulham could finish anywhere from 8th to relegation places IMO
Hard to disagree. At the high end (higher maybe) with both Dems on form and Diarra and Petric starting most games. In potential trouble with fewer than two of those factors applying and in the absence of signings yet to be made. All should be much clearer by 1st Sept but right now it's as you say.

HatterDon

everything depends on the next two weeks. If we keep the Dems and sign a striker, I like us for top ten. If we lose either and don't sign a striker & center mid, then I think we're aiming for 17th with no cup distractions.

We'll see.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Well we're starting this season with the same manager, so that's a definite bonus for once. I'm happy with the signings that we've made, and I think Petric will be our top scorer. In previous seasons we've pretty much sucked up until Christmas time, and then have run rampant over the last 5 months. I'm thinking that we'll be pretty steady in the first few months and then maybe taper off a little this time around.

I'll still think we can finish top 7. It's the first time in ages that I've been really confident at the beginning of the season, let's hope it pays off.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 12, 2012, 01:36:55 PM
Well we're starting this season with the same manager, so that's a definite bonus for once. I'm happy with the signings that we've made, and I think Petric will be our top scorer. In previous seasons we've pretty much sucked up until Christmas time, and then have run rampant over the last 5 months. I'm thinking that we'll be pretty steady in the first few months and then maybe taper off a little this time around.

I'll still think we can finish top 7. It's the first time in ages that I've been really confident at the beginning of the season, let's hope it pays off.

Agree with this, apart from the top 7. Far too dizzy a height for us to reach. 9th or 10th.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on August 12, 2012, 02:03:54 PM

Agree with this, apart from the top 7. Far too dizzy a height for us to reach. 9th or 10th.

Because we've never done it before....? We were within farting distance of it last season, so I don't see what we can't do it this season.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 12, 2012, 09:37:47 AM
I start of every season thinking how in the hell will we reach 40 points. Then when we do I  wonder to myself if we can make top 10. Then I hope that next season we can push on to even greater things.

Then the season starts and I think how in the hell will we reach 40 points.
same as you
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F(f)CUK

Defensively we should be strong enough. We need someone to lead the midfield in place of Murphy. I still reckon that we will lose Dempsey and Dembele.

Our forward line needs support. I think that our finishing position still depends on these next two weeks.

Overall the picture is looking rosier as Frei and Kacka come on.

Walsh

I just made a prediction page and I must say I was thinking should I be positive or negative? I went with positive and put us in 8th place, it all depends on the transfers which come in. Murphy filled a huge role in the midfield when he played for us and he kept everything steady, if Diarra can do this then great but I really can't see him doing as well as Murphy did. Luckily we have a striker who can hit the back of the net with ease (well in pre-season he could) hopefully he can carry on his form into the Premier-league and HOPEFULLY we can progress in a cup and try and get our hands on a trophy, I would take 15th place for a trophy.

Gozorich

I think it's the strangest start to a season for a long time. We have lost at least four stalwarts of previous years and that suggests we could implode. And yet looking at the quality of player we have it makes you think we could achieve great things.
If and it's a huge if, the new players and, just as importantly, the youngsters coming through gel then we have the makings of one hell of a team. Of course if they don't we could be in trouble. Apart from the goalkeeper we have changes in every part of the team.
So being Fulhamish we will do neither and get to the quarter finals of both cups and finish about 10th but I hope for better!

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 12, 2012, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: Burt on August 12, 2012, 02:03:54 PM

Because we've never done it before....? We were within farting distance of it last season, so I don't see what we can't do it this season.

No, because since January we've lost four strikers and signed only one, and the guy who scored most of our goals may be on his way out.

Berserker

I'm like Lighthouse every season, but i'll also, unlike Lighthouse, be stressed out until we do reach the forty.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MikeR

Quote from: HatterDon on August 12, 2012, 11:47:33 PM
No, because since January we've lost four strikers and signed only one, and the guy who scored most of our goals may be on his way out.

It seems that your math is off a bit when you say, "since January we've lost four strikers and signed only one."
Lost: Zamora, Pog, AJ, Sa
Signed: Pog, Petric, Rodallega

Unless you're counting neither Petric nor Rodallega as strikers.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

HatterDon

Quote from: MikeR on August 13, 2012, 01:36:01 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 12, 2012, 11:47:33 PM

It seems that your math is off a bit when you say, "since January we've lost four strikers and signed only one."
Lost: Zamora, Pog, AJ, Sa
Signed: Pog, Petric, Rodallega

Unless you're counting neither Petric nor Rodallega as strikers.

Sorry for the fuzzy math. I completely forgot Rodallega -- who is eminently forgettable -- and I shouldn't count Pog as a loss unless I count him as a gain.

We're still woefully short of strikers.

FFC1987

I'm not sure we are woefully short. Hugo and Petric will be decent signings this year, I'm confident in boths ability from what I've seen. Demps hasn't left yet so I'll include him as a forward and Trotta is looking sharp.

Still, I'd like to see one more but I think we will be a decent 9th place finish this year and we will come out of the blocks early (for the first time in a long time).