watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Proud of London

Started by chiefo, August 13, 2012, 12:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefo

And the Great is back in Britain. Best games ever. I will admit I didn't think it would go as brilliant as it did both inside and outside the arena's, it is going to be something to beat this.

Lets just hope this feeling we have does stay for the next generations and all the hard work shall continue to bring good to this country. I could go on and on, so many good memories ( and sad ), can't really say which is mine.

I guess there will be loads of post Olympic threads so mods please merge if this would be best idea.  :scarf: :wine: 065.gif ROI flag 000en.gif

Lighthouse

Best moment was Mo Farrar for me winning his double Gold.

Moment that made me go all odd was Gemma Gibbons(?) Judo after winning her semi final and looking up to heaven and thanking her Mum.  :012:

I doubt we will keep this high for long. Do you know how much this all cost?

The sadness of remembering who wasn't here to watch the Olympics since the last one.

See what I mean. I've started already.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Walsh

Proud of London?? shouldn't it be Proud of Britain??

chiefo

Quote from: Walsh on August 13, 2012, 01:22:05 AM
Proud of London?? shouldn't it be Proud of Britain??
The Great is back in Britain.

chiefo

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2012, 12:50:04 AM
Best moment was Mo Farrar for me winning his double Gold.

Moment that made me go all odd was Gemma Gibbons(?) Judo after winning her semi final and looking up to heaven and thanking her Mum.  :012:

I doubt we will keep this high for long. Do you know how much this all cost?

The sadness of remembering who wasn't here to watch the Olympics since the last one.

See what I mean. I've started already.
I get you Lighthouse, about 12 billion wasn't it? Forget how much is coming out of my council tax for it, and if like Olympics before we won't see that back for some time if ever, but I want to ride this wave for a while. It probably won't be long before we go back to knocking ourselves again.

The Bronsons

Mo Farah is surely a tremendous high, Lighthouse. My best memory though is Nicola Adams winning gold in the women's boxing. What a talented athlete! And what a beautiful smile that lady has! Pure gold.

Burt

Still got the paralympics to come.

Sad moment when the flame was extinguished. It has been a good Games, the likes of which we will not see again in GB in our lifetimes.

Hopefully it will inspire legions of future olympians.

My daughter (11) wants to do archery having watched a bit of it, so I will be encouraging her with that.

Inspirational moment for me was Mo Farah. The sacrifices he made to win those two medals... And they are difficult races to run, not just for the obvious reasons around duration and stamina, but for the need to keep on top of what is going on around you. Tactics plays a huge part, and he got it spot on.

Jess Ennis, too. Superb athlete. Great achievement.

Berserker

I'm a great fan of archery Burt and have a long bow, although i need to get a recurve bow as i haven't the strength to pull a bow with a bigger draw weight to do archery outside accuratley enough with a longbow. I am very proud of our athletes, and am in London at the moment after seeing the marathon and closing concert in Hyde Park yesterday. One thing i feel is very evident after coming to London is that it is very different here regarding the Olympics to the rest of the Country, it is highlighted everywhere here where you only are aware of it because of the press coverage in other places of the UK. I feel it is very much the London Olympics.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Also the one big dissapointment for Mr B  and myself was not being able to get any tickets for the events we registered for, don't know how many other people this happened to but it did make us feel excluded to a once in a life time event

- Martin Luther King Jr.

GloucesterWhite

Managed to get to the opening ceremony and the athletics on Saturday. The noise and emotion of Mo's race will stay with me for the rest of my days. Eighty thousand people screaming and jumping around, simply amazing and very un-British! If only we could transplant that sort of support to the Riverside stand  079.gif

chiefo

Quote from: Berserker on August 13, 2012, 09:11:40 AM
Also the one big dissapointment for Mr B  and myself was not being able to get any tickets for the events we registered for, don't know how many other people this happened to but it did make us feel excluded to a once in a life time event
You were certainly not on your own there mate. I know bucket loads who applied and not one of em were lucky, of course you could get if you wanted to remortgage. But like GW has said here what an experience  to have been there for that event.

mr-ska

I went up to Hyde Park for the first Super Saturday..  the atmosphere in London was amazing. The Cycle Road races came through my home town of Woking..  crowds were about 6 deep all along the side of the course.

Im going to pull out all the stops to get up to The Olympic Park for the Para Olympic games...

Berserker

Yes we definitly want to go to Para olympics. Mr B wants to see they cycling

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Andy_M

Borris dancing anyone? - Don't know how to upload images direct to the forum thread? (perhaps someone could tell me for future reference)

http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
@got_maile

chiefo

Quote from: Andy_M on August 13, 2012, 11:43:47 AM
Borris dancing anyone? - Don't know how to upload images direct to the forum thread? (perhaps someone could tell me for future reference)

http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
Ya that's a new name for it, bit of a buffoon but at least he got into the spirit of it. Boris for PM. 064.gif

Berserker

Actually i wouldn't be suprised

- Martin Luther King Jr.