watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland and Hughes close to agreeing new deals

Started by NorthernWhite, August 13, 2012, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Although the incomings have been quiet, this would be fantastic news if they both commit to new deals. A CB pairing of the above and Senderos with potentially Dan Burn to come should mean we're covered here for a good couple of years.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/13/exclusive-fulham-duo-close-to-agreeing-new-deals-82029-31610765/

Exclusive: Fulham duo close to agreeing new deals

Brede HangelandFULHAM boss Martin Jol hopes to tie down Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes to new deals in the next month.

The defensive duo have been instrumental in transforming the club into an established top-10 side in the past few years, but are both in the final 12 months of their contracts at Craven Cottage.

However, the Whites have opened talks with the pair about extending their stays in SW6.

And Jol hopes they will join Stephen Kelly and Alex Kacaniklic in committing their long-term futures to Fulham.

"We're talking to Brede and Aaron Hughes as well to give them an extension," he told the Chronicle.

"Hopefully they will sign it in the next month or so. They've been brilliant for us."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/13/exclusive-fulham-duo-close-to-agreeing-new-deals-82029-31610765/#ixzz23PntSpfY

Whiteroom

I think Hangeland is probably my favourite Fulham player. Exemplary in all areas. He also seems like a really nice, honest guy. Great news. Hughes isn't bad either!

Berserker

Agree excellant FC players, great attitude towards the club
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

chiefo

A great example of what is good about our club.

Mr Fulham

cottage cheese

just one problem

why as a club do we operate in dealing with contracts during the summer when the players have a year to go.

Really wish the club would pull its finger out and actually offered deals to brede, dempsey and dembele last summer.  Regardless of the season just been, these three are our key players and we will be very very very lucky to get over £8 million for dempsey and dembele i fear.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2012, 11:33:15 AM
just one problem

why as a club do we operate in dealing with contracts during the summer when the players have a year to go.

Really wish the club would pull its finger out and actually offered deals to brede, dempsey and dembele last summer.  Regardless of the season just been, these three are our key players and we will be very very very lucky to get over £8 million for dempsey and dembele i fear.

Who says we didnt?

There is also the problem of wage budget inflation - if we keep giving people new contracts every year, the wage bill will go up - Why would a player sign a contract for less than they are on now?

The final point would be that with the change in managers, Fulham have been in flux over the last 3 years. Now with Jol we have some stability and can sort out who is in FFCs future plans.

rusty shackleford

Hangeland is probably my favourite Fulham player ever. Total pro

alexbishop

Hopefully they'll both pen a deal that will see them until the end of their respective careers. Even if in a couple years they are no longer first team starters then they'll still be an incredible influence on our crop of youths.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: alexbishop on August 13, 2012, 11:46:26 AM
Hopefully they'll both pen a deal that will see them until the end of their respective careers. Even if in a couple years they are no longer first team starters then they'll still be an incredible influence on our crop of youths.

I reckon Hangeland can continue to play regularly up to about the age of 35. Lets hope it is with Fulham.

If he signs a new contract, it is pretty much Legendary status assured? Surely?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cebu

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 13, 2012, 11:55:09 AM

I reckon Hangeland can continue to play regularly up to about the age of 35. Lets hope it is with Fulham.

If he signs a new contract, it is pretty much Legendary status assured? Surely?

Absolutely true - but I'm hoping Aaron signs an extension too.

HatterDon

I agree, AFC. Like Danny Murphy, his game isn't based on pace. Instead, it's based on discipline, focus, and SMARTS. Barring injury I can see him playing at the top flight until at least 35.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2012, 04:40:51 PM

I agree, AFC. Like Danny Murphy, his game isn't based on pace. Instead, it's based on discipline, focus, and SMARTS. Barring injury I can see him playing at the top flight until at least 35.

This is my thinking.

The only problem I can see is that he suffers from the effects of being so tall and his body starts to break down. His injury record would make this seem unlikely however.

MasterHaynes

Getting these extensions sorted before the season starts avoids so much press speculation which unsettles everyone, especially where Hangeland is concerned.If we can get this doen and dusted before kick off on Saturday could be some of the best business concluded this summer.