News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RODNEY (Marcello Trotta) SIGNS A NEW DEAL (merged topic)

Started by JBH, August 13, 2012, 11:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Fulham Football Club can announce that young striker Marcello Trotta has signed a contract extension until the summer of 2015.

Trotta, who made his Fulham debut as a late substitute in our 2-1 FA Cup Fourth Round defeat at Everton last January, scored his first goals for the senior team last month in the pre-season fixture against Lok Leipzig.

The forward had previously spent time on loan at Wycombe Wanderers in League One, scoring eight goals in as many games during his three-month spell.

He also made one appearance for Watford in the Championship, before returning to Craven Cottage and making his Barclays Premier League bow in April's 3-0 win at Bolton Wanderers.

We wish Marcello all the very best for the future with the Club.

FFC1987

Loving this news. Think this guy could be a surprise package next season. Think he needs one more loan spell for regular football and a few sub appearances.

mr-ska

Wow..  obviously they see a great future for him!  Needs to make a real impact on the first team next season. Took his goal well yesterday against Walton...

LBNo11

...he took his goal well, that is true, but he squandered many more against lower league opposition. He will have to work very hard to become a regular in the first team, but his English is good judging by the swearing.. :005:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Im really happy for him as I feel he get a rough ride from people.
He a striker...he scores goals..youth then reserves...he's scored in the Div 1 as well. Ok maybe not the greatest outside the box, but in it, he knows where the net is.

alexbishop

I like some others had my doubts about his ability to be a future Premiership striker. Saying that, this extension demonstrates that Jol clearly sees enough potential in him to warrant a shiny new contract so therefore I will cast my doubts aside and look forward to seeing him progress over the next couple of seasons  :scarf:
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Lighthouse

Or are we so desperate that we need to sign him as we have only two forwards?  092.gif

Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

lighthouse, no this is youth progression, not desperation.

alexbishop

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2012, 11:40:05 AM
Or are we so desperate that we need to sign him as we have only two forwards?  092.gif

Good luck to him.

Nah I think if that were the case it would be a one year extension.

Wonder what the club pay a guy his age at the level he's at right now (Reserve/back up), any guesses?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Andy_M

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 13, 2012, 11:41:14 AM

Well put. Would have to agree with this!

Although I am appalled at how long it took me to 'get' the title of this thread  fp.gif
@got_maile

Lighthouse

Yes fair enough. I am just fearful of being left with what we have(up front) until at least January.

zzamora

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2012, 11:49:05 AM

Yes fair enough. I am just fearful of being left with what we have(up front) until at least January.

Well bad luck, the worlds ending soon, the sky will fall in, everything will go wrong and nothing will be right.

FFC1987

Know what you mean, I'm always sceptical when it comes to silly season and the way our squad looks. I still think at least two faces will be added. I just think kacaniklic and Trotta getting contract extentions is great and shows club youth progression. Long may it continue.

JBH

Don't panic about the striker situation there are still 19 days to go and most business is done at the end of the window, I truely believe Big Martin will sign the players he wants in the next few days and will also get someone on the final day of the window.

Lighthouse

Quote from: ddeuce on August 13, 2012, 11:50:28 AM

Well bad luck, the worlds ending soon, the sky will fall in, everything will go wrong and nothing will be right.

I hope the World does end soon. But until it does I worry that it will just carry on and we will be short of forwards. 090.gif

JBH - It is just the way I am as living in gloom means the light, if it ever comes, is brighter for me  than for those who expect it.

JBH

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2012, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: ddeuce on August 13, 2012, 11:50:28 AM

I hope the World does end soon. But until it does I worry that it will just carry on and we will be short of forwards. 090.gif

JBH - It is just the way I am as living in gloom means the light, if it ever comes, is brighter for me  than for those who expect it.

Well I hope a 100 watt bulb shines on you shortly :54:

Burt

Liking this news.

Obviously not the finished article yet, but that will come with experience...

Admin

Nice to see us tie down a promising young forward but it doesn't really solve our problems upfront. Trotta is no where ready for the first team yet, well not from what I've seen of him anyway.

MasterHaynes

All I want now is for Fulham to announce that Minkawitz and Passeley have signed contracts to keep them until 2015 and my cup will be overflowing.

FFC1987