more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempseys agent

Started by sunburywhite, August 13, 2012, 04:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Who is it and what are they like?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

rusty shackleford

sunburywhite

Interestingly Rodwell is one of their clients

Dempsey to Everton to fill Rodwells shoes?

Also Maurice Edu is one of theirs
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ffctom_b

twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 13, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

That is a possibility. Good friend with Tim Howard, and I'm sure Landon Donovan have some good words to say about the club also.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Mr Fulham

They're neither able to offer him CL football nor offer him better terms than Fulham.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2012, 05:23:38 PM
They're neither able to offer him CL football nor offer him better terms than Fulham.
Both excellent points , I can't see how the Everton rumour keeps resurfacing.

alfie

you are correct on the first part, but you cannot possibly know whether they can offer him better terms as you really don't know what terms Fulham have offered (officially), and it all depends on how much they want him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr Fulham

Quote from: alfie on August 13, 2012, 06:11:28 PM

you are correct on the first part, but you cannot possibly know whether they can offer him better terms as you really don't know what terms Fulham have offered (officially), and it all depends on how much they want him.

Good, I forgot the third part: They can't afford to make a 10m bid for a single player.

ToodlesMcToot

This only makes sense if you're scraping for dots to connect. They're mid-table just like us and only slightly more likely to get European football. I just can't see Demps picking up his family and leaving London for that.

Oh and you can't slap Everton and America together and come up with anything anywhere near as cool sounding as Fulhamerica. So there's really no point in them collecting more Americans.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bassey the warrior

Moyes is a huge fan. We outbid him when we initially bought Dempsey. There will be money available. And there's space on the left with Bilyaletdinov and Drenthe having left. Hopefully Dempsey won't consider a sideways move.

Jack Fulham

he would be an ideal replacement for Tim Cahill.

TonyGilroy

You really would think that we could and would agree to pay Dempsey 10% more than Everton offer.

HatterDon

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 13, 2012, 06:32:46 PM

he would be an ideal replacement for Tim Cahill.

I agree that Dempsey is an ideal replacement for Cahill. And, after his treatment of both McGod and LandyCakes, Moyes has a huge reputation among American players. He is one of the few out there who have respect for our footballers in general.

I still think, though, that Everton's a sideways move -- and hardly worth uprooting your family for.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2012, 06:22:52 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 13, 2012, 06:11:28 PM

Good, I forgot the third part: They can't afford to make a 10m bid for a single player.

Fellaini?
FTID

Mr Fulham

Patterson

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2012, 11:01:28 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 13, 2012, 10:03:47 PM

Fellaini?

I'm talking about this window.

It's true that they are not usually a club to throw around the big bucks (much like Fulham) very often.  But I see this as a typically savy move for them if they do indeed want to spend what it would take.  I think Moyes sees the value in a player like Clint.  As previous posters mentioned, he would be a wonderful replacement for Cahill...an attacking player who links the midfield with the "true" strikers (Jelavic looks a good signing) and can certainly chip in with enough goals to question his true position.  We know all too well the versatility that he brings to the pitch.  He can play anywhere in the final third.

However, unless they can offer him much higher wages than we can, I don't see how this constitutes much of a step up.  I think Everton are a "better" club than Fulham (you know what I mean...), but they aren't the calibre of club he envisioned when he was talking about CL football.

I'm holding out on a Schwartzer-like situation and seeing him in September in the white and orange kits.  The silence and uncertainty is what kills me.

A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Mr Fulham

You get me wrong - They CAN'T afford this.

licker

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 14, 2012, 12:03:59 PM
You get me wrong - They CAN'T afford this.

They can now that the Rodwell money is available, but Moyes only pays big money for young players,[sell on value] Dempsey is too old and he would get nothing back.