cookie123

LBNo11

Quote from: cookie123 on August 14, 2012, 12:23:10 AM
What is TIFF?!

...another independent Fulham message board - The Independent Fulham Forum:-
http://www.voy.com/13865/
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ElissonSnygg

What Fulham-forum has the biggest amount of members?
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Walsh

does anyone find TiFF really hard to read? I never go on there just because the layout is horrific.

chiefo

:048:Same here mate, don't like it, but as Fulham I'll use all sites I can to get info. Saying that though there are some, putting it mildly, strange ones there. Stupid wind up merchants ( WUM ) and that does my head in, childest is not the phrase for it. Same as the official in a way. Don't get me wrong, I love the piss take and all that, but when I go ( was going to say, come) on a forum I want to find out Fulham stuff, not what you had for dinner.

This is where the mods on all sites could, if poss take ideas from talkceltic.net .

Forget who they are, but check layout. Talk Fulham one section, talk pub ( normally poo ) another section and so on.

Mods please don't think I'm having a go, just trying to throw some irons in the fire, but I believe it would be the way forward. FOF is the most sensible I've been on, and I love the Icons :048: ( Waiting for the bullet )

Berserker

Funny you mentioned the TIFF, i came to it by accident yesterday when googling who wore No.9 shirt in the Johnny Haynes squad. I thought what does Voy forums have to do with Fulham, then noticed TIFF. I found it difficult to read as the lay out  is quite odd. TBH if it were easier to read i would glance through it now and again as i like to read anything on Fulham, i expect TIFF has good posters as well as WUM's, same as the OFFAL, it's just a shame Trolls and WUM's aren't kept off them more.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

I came here from TIFF about 3 years ago after getting and giving more abuse than was healthy.

Format is a matter of taste. TIFF users will tell you that ours sucks. I much prefer this because good discussions last and those of no interest can be ignored. They like the immediacy of their format.

For me TIFF has been declining for years. Get past the stupidity and unpleasantness and there are good discusssions but I can't be bothered. It's like sitting down with a few decent, interesting people and being surrounded by uncontrollable kids, people with disturbing personal habits which you wish they'd keep to themselves plus a smattering of BNP enthusiates.

The mods here keep this place civilised. If it's too polite and restrictive for some then TIFF is there for them.

MJG

Used TIFF a lot and was a really good board maybe about 6/7 years ago, but I thinks the mods changed and then some WUM's just abused the whole thing.
I still have a look but never post anymore. The layout was/is good for that type of thing and does take getting used to.

Like all boards, some great posters but also some real tossers.

Mr_Moon

TIFF was quite good if you want to have a quick read of the headlines from your phone. I didn't like using FOF from my old Blackberry as the number of posts per thread page would be fewer, meaning more pages to click and scroll through.

The Equalizer

TIFF was the original Fulham forum, started back in 1996 by Paul Thorpe as 'The Fulham Independent'. Paul was headhunted shortly after by FFC and was the main man in charge of the Official Fulham message board in the late 90s.

They've both since pretty much died a death. Lots of people still check TIFF as their primary source of info on FFC, but it's been overrun by arseholes and WUMs.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

supersub

The sad thing is that there are clearly many interesting and well-informed people reading TIFF (try asking a non-football question - the best restaurant in Budapest, what laptop to buy - and there will be any number of useful and articulate replies), but mostly it is dominated by young idiots.