News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like Stockdale's out on loan again this season...

Started by alexbishop, August 14, 2012, 09:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/14/stockdale-set-for-loan-switch-82029-31619218/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The 26-year-old has made just 23 competitive appearances for the Whites since his switch from Darlington in 2008, spending most of his time warming the bench behind number one Mark Schwarzer.

Stockdale has had spells out on loan at Rotherham, Leicester, Plymouth and most recently Ipswich Town.

And with Schwarzer set to start the new season between the sticks at Craven Cottage, the Whites will allow Stockdale to leave to get some game time.

Goalkeeping coach Hans Segers told the Chronicle: "They have to fight for the number one spot, but to be fair to Mark he's been absolutely outstanding so to replace him will be difficult.

"David's a top keeper and needs to play, so as a club we're looking to get him on loan somewhere where he's playing week in, week out, with a recall clause.

"That will make him a better goalkeeper because sitting on the bench you don't really learn anything. David can only become better by playing."

Neil Etheridge will be promoted to back-up keeper if Stockdale does get a move away from SW6, while Hungarian Csaba Somogyi will remain at the club.

Segers added: "We're very blessed as a football club to have four good goalkeepers on the books, but sometimes it's a bit frustrating for the boys.

"Everybody wants to play and only two of them can make the first-team squad.

"Somogyi came as a third or fourth-choice goalkeeper. He's really steady and has improved a lot over the past year.

"I'm really pleased with his progress and he's happy how things are. We need numbers in training so only one can out at one time."
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

elgreenio

only good for Stockdale. Not too sure how many clubs would have left it this late to sort out their goalkeeping situations though, could be tough to shift him.
touch my camera through the fence

earlbeatty

I hope this works out for him as I reckon he can develop into a top keeper and we want to keep him at Fulham.

EB

HatterDon

Quote from: earlbeatty on August 14, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
I hope this works out for him as I reckon he can develop into a top keeper and we want to keep him at Fulham.

EB

Yes, but unless he's loaned out to a Premiership club, he's going to continue to have the "hasn't proved himself in the Prem yet" crap hanging around his neck. I doubt we'd loan him to a competitor, so ... . I like Stockdale a lot; I think he should be our number one, but I think that if he doesn't leave in August or January, he's making a serious career mistake.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy_M

If he's going to be loaned out it has to be to a Prem club as he needs that experience in the Prem league!

Saying that, I don't know of many teams out there that are looking for keepers?? Maybe one of the promoted clubs? I really don't have a clue!
@got_maile

elgreenio

what's the real difference for a keeper between the prem and championship though? Apart from the bigger crowds and somewhat heightened pressure

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on August 14, 2012, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: earlbeatty on August 14, 2012, 02:12:25 PM

EB

Yes, but unless he's loaned out to a Premiership club, he's going to continue to have the "hasn't proved himself in the Prem yet" crap hanging around his neck. I doubt we'd loan him to a competitor, so ... . I like Stockdale a lot; I think he should be our number one, but I think that if he doesn't leave in August or January, he's making a serious career mistake.

Not sure that tag applies with goal keepers does it? I never thought so. Just regular game appearances in championship would benefit three parties so I'm for it as long as he plays.

twang

Quote from: Andy_M on August 14, 2012, 02:25:17 PM
If he's going to be loaned out it has to be to a Prem club as he needs that experience in the Prem league!

Saying that, I don't know of many teams out there that are looking for keepers?? Maybe one of the promoted clubs? I really don't have a clue!

Don't think that anyone is on the lookout for a keeper actually. West Ham have lost Green but have signed Henderson and Jääskeläinen, Reading have Federeci and Soton have Davis, who both had excellent seasons in the Championship.

sunburywhite

If he does go out on loan then I guess it will be like last season and it will be a club that will let us recall him at 24 hours notice. Would you want Etheridge for a season if MS got injured?????

I also seem to remember that we can't recall players on loan with a Prem club
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

elgreenio

believe you can recall as long as there's no loan fee involved, no matter the club

Lighthouse

While Swart potters about in the goal doing his gardening and reacting at half the speed he did three seasons ago. I guess Stockers should be loaned out. Shame
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BalDrick

I'm starting to wonder if he'll ever make it - there's a feeling if he was going to, he'd have done so already. Suppose MS may have a clause in his contract meaning he'll start when fit, albeit that'd be stupid - don't forget we were desperate for him to stay and not to go le arse.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FFC1987

Remember most keepers don't get a chance till there late 20's so this guy is on track.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2012, 04:27:47 PM
While Swart potters about in the goal doing his gardening and reacting at half the speed he did three seasons ago. I guess Stockers should be loaned out. Shame
Behave yourself Flasher !  oztralian

ToodlesMcToot

One helluva competition Jol put on for first choice keeper. :59:

Knew that was a load of bullsheot.

Good for Stockers if he wasn't going to get the PT with us. Hope he has a stellar season and that there is no reason for a re-call.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude