watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey says no to West Ham - Stockdale wanted by Wolves

Started by Lighthouse, August 14, 2012, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

West Ham have failed to lure Clint Dempsey, 29, from Fulham, who have had a bid for Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk's Derek Boateng, 29, rejected.  

American international Dempsey is in demand but clubs have yet to come up with the fee that Fulham believe is suitable for the 29-year-old.

Destination unknown: Dempsey
He was outstanding last season but the fact he is training away from the first team reflects a breakdown in his relationship with the club.

His contract has 11 months to run but Fulham have valued him at £9million.
Liverpool have made no secret of their desire to sign him and would offer players such as Charlie Adam but the Scot is reluctant to leave Anfield.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188406/Fulhams-Clint-Dempsey-rejects-West-Ham.html#ixzz23YqxakED

In other news Wolves want Stockdale on loan according to the papers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Demps.  refuses west ham, no kidding, why would he go there? The sad bit is, seems like he is going to leave Fulham in very acrimonious circumstances. Sad end to his  Fulham career. :046:

Oakeshott

"The sad bit is, seems like he is going to leave Fulham in very acrimonious circumstances"

Seems rather like it.

But is it Fulham, or Jol, that he is seemingly so keen to leave?

Go back a year and Bobby Zamora, Danny Murphy and Demps. were, along with Mark and Brede, our key players, with AJ and Etuhu more than useful squad players. Mark's still here (but since not being allowed to go to Arsenal unlikely he'd find a better club now). Brede's still here - though it remains to be seen whether he signs an extension. But it looks as though Bobby, Danny, Demps, AJ and Etuhu couldn't/can't wait to get away, though they all had several seemingly successful and happy years with us. Maybe it is simply that they have all been, or in Demps case are being, lured away by better money or longer contracts. Or just maybe a common factor that makes them susceptible to other offers is that they can't stand Jol - a position I would fully understand, as he plainly has the man-management skills of a gorilla.

JBH

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 15, 2012, 08:07:10 AM
"The sad bit is, seems like he is going to leave Fulham in very acrimonious circumstances"

Seems rather like it.

Go back a year and Bobby Zamora, Danny Murphy and Demps. were, along with Mark and Brede, our key players, with AJ and Etuhu more than useful squad players. Mark's still here (but since not being allowed to go to Arsenal unlikely he'd find a better club now). Brede's still here - though it remains to be seen whether he signs an extension. But it looks as though Bobby, Danny, Demps, AJ and Etuhu couldn't/can't wait to get away, though they all had several seemingly successful and happy years with us. Maybe it is simply that they have all been, or in Demps case are being, lured away by better money or longer contracts. Or just maybe a common factor that makes them susceptible to other offers is that they can't stand Jol - a position I would fully understand, as he plainly has the man-management skills of a gorilla.

Have you worked for him then???

JBH

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 15, 2012, 08:07:10 AM

Seems rather like it.

AJ was let go because he is a Sick Note and did not warrant the 2 year contract extension that he wanted.

Etuhu was a bit part player who was surplus to requirements and who wanted to play everyweek the only way to achieve this was to drop down a division.

Danny M was offered an extension but went to Blackburn for guarenteed football at a lower level.

BZ obviously didn't hit it off with MJ and was sold for decent money to the HaHa's

Dempsey has always said thast he wants to have the chance to play in the CL at a biiger club during his career which is his right and will be sold for a decent profit.

So your sweeping statement about them not liking MJ seems utterly stupid and totally unwarrented fp.gif

Lighthouse

Not sure there is any doubt that some of the old guard didn't get on with Jol. Hardly a stupid statement. AJ,Murphy and BZ all practically said it before,during and after they left. Demps wanting to go to a Champions League team seems equally silly as the teams coming in for him are very average. He may now simply want to go for whatever reasons.

Jol came into Fulham creating a different style that the some of the older guard may have had trouble with. Jol upset a few. Jol is here to manage. The squad we have now is poorer in my opinion than at the start of last season. Still time to correct it.

But the players who left, some of which didn't get on with Jol, seems more a fact then stupid. Still we all have our views.

SKSW6

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 15, 2012, 08:44:11 AM
Not sure there is any doubt that some of the old guard didn't get on with Jol. Hardly a stupid statement. AJ,Murphy and BZ all practically said it before,during and after they left. Demps wanting to go to a Champions League team seems equally silly as the teams coming in for him are very average. He may now simply want to go for whatever reasons.

Jol came into Fulham creating a different style that the some of the older guard may have had trouble with. Jol upset a few. Jol is here to manage. The squad we have now is poorer in my opinion than at the start of last season. Still time to correct it.

But the players who left, some of which didn't get on with Jol, seems more a fact then stupid. Still we all have our views.

There's "some of the old guard didn't get on with Jol".

Then there's "he plainly has the man-management skills of a gorilla".

The first statement you can understand, the second is just slander.

AlFayedsChequebook

I didn't expect Jol's man management skills to come into question until at least October this year.

Man this season is going to be fun.

Lighthouse

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 15, 2012, 09:00:55 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 15, 2012, 08:44:11 AM

There's "some of the old guard didn't get on with Jol".

Then there's "he plainly has the man-management skills of a gorilla".

The first statement you can understand, the second is just slander.

Fair enough but depends if you are in a pub having a chat or a Court of Law. I am in a pub myself. Statements are made that put over a point of view. Not scrutinised under the glare of a lawyer. Still mines a pint and a packet of crisps if its your round. If its my round than thats COURTING DISASTER. No statement should be considered stupid if it simply putting over a POV.

TonyGilroy

Nothing wrong with the glare of a lawyer. Lightens my day when I look in the mirror.

Matt_Keen

I don't understand all the Jol bashing.

We've punched well above our weight to get Jol to manage us, other than Keegan, he's had more success than any of our other managers has in the Premier League. Suddenly, because it's time to rebuild the squad and a lot of our better players either want to leave or are deemed too old, he's useless?

I would actually say that his man management skills are adequate - He's managed to get the best out of Dembele by dropping him deeper, got more out of Dempsey than anyone else had managed, he's given game time to fringe players and decent young players, sometimes wrongly, (Senderos) but, still, giving Senderos a few games here and there probably did wonders for the bloke's confidence and morale.

Jol, if anything, is being undone by his own successes and our board's, correct, decision to stay within our financial means. I applaud the man for the job he's having to do, it's one of the biggest rebuilds any premier league club is having to go through and we still finished comfortably last season.

The club is notoriously quiet when it comes to targets, so, stop moaning and enjoy the ride!

JBH

Quote from: Matt_Keen on August 15, 2012, 09:37:11 AM

We've punched well above our weight to get Jol to manage us, other than Keegan, he's had more success than any of our other managers has in the Premier League. Suddenly, because it's time to rebuild the squad and a lot of our better players either want to leave or are deemed too old, he's useless?

I would actually say that his man management skills are adequate - He's managed to get the best out of Dembele by dropping him deeper, got more out of Dempsey than anyone else had managed, he's given game time to fringe players and decent young players, sometimes wrongly, (Senderos) but, still, giving Senderos a few games here and there probably did wonders for the bloke's confidence and morale.

Jol, if anything, is being undone by his own successes and our board's, correct, decision to stay within our financial means. I applaud the man for the job he's having to do, it's one of the biggest rebuilds any premier league club is having to go through and we still finished comfortably last season.

The club is notoriously quiet when it comes to targets, so, stop moaning and enjoy the ride!

:plus one:

Totally agree getting the clubs average players age down had to be done and the old guard have to accept it or as Murph & Dickson did Ship Out to the lower leagues where they will fit in.

zzamora

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 15, 2012, 09:14:13 AM
I didn't expect Jol's man management skills to come into question until at least October this year.

Man this season is going to be fun.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Lighthouse

I never understand the 'stop moaning and enjoy the ride' people.

Some of us find the moaning the only enjoyable part of the ride.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Matt_Keen on August 15, 2012, 09:37:11 AM

I agree, Dembele has come out and said 'he owes it to the gaffer to stay' and doubt Dempsey has any problems with Jol as it was Jol's system that allowed him to score so many goals and have his best season ever, he has a lot to thank Jol for.

When pressed by Jol and the club so they can set the team up for next season I imagine Dempsey has said he wants to leave for a CL team, Fulham have told him and his agent the fee they expect, only Clint and his agent and the US media could be surprised their are no CL takers.

This puts Clint in  a difficult position, so far we have one low ball offer from Spam, no offer from Liverpool and can't see an offer forthcoming from Everton. Other mid table Pl clubs are now supposedly interested so either Clint doesn't want to eat humble pie and backdown and his agent is now trying to get any club to sign him on a better contract deal than is on offer from Fulham to justify the move, this is unlikely as Fulham only need to pay a smaller signing on fee and higher wages. Other clubs will have to finance full transfer fee and pay even higher wages and there does not seem to be that many clubs outside the top 4 that have that money anymore

NogoodBoyo

That Matt_Keen is so right it's frightening. 
Great assists from Master Haynes, AlF, ddeuce and an enlightening bit of avant-gard humour from Mr. Gilroy about lawyers holding court in front of mirrors. 
Meanwhile, Lofty the Lighthouse speaks articulate pub talk like a pro, but is so far out in left-field on this one that he fully deserves a new bulb to go with the stale packet of prawn cocktail crisps and the half a pint of Watney's Red Barrel that's spilling onto his daps in the sloppy public bar of The Swooners' Arms.
Nogood "let's be Realistic here, isit" Boyo