watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Policy so far - a little worrying

Started by Adam87, August 15, 2012, 06:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam87

Now i know there is still time left and i shouldnt go on reports, articles rumours etc.... but am i the only one that gets the feeling that we are being outbid by clubs like west ham for players....jarvis, mark davies and rhodes come to mind. I know all the clubs are wanting bidding wars and hiking up prices (jarvis is not worth over £10m for example). Im worried we are being left behind as fulham recently have been extremly prudent when it comes to transfers and look for value and youth rather than just saying heres £6m for rhodes.
In some ways i think this is sensible from the club, but we are short of quality in a few departments and really need at least 2 quality players to come in....a winger and striker and a creative midfielder are essential.
Now if al fayed is worth some billions and the tv money has gone up from £44m to £85m then im suprised we arent splashing on a signing or two. I guess the stadium development needs to be paid for, £40m is not cheap.

Anyway thoughts pls ladies and gentlemen....

elgreenio

Clubs like west ham are paying stupid money because they desperately want to stay in the prem.

I'm all for Jol sticking to his guns and not budging on inflated prices, especially when we've actually got the chance to blood some youngsters. We don't need a winger, we have umpteen players who can do that job (including Simon Davies who appears to have dropped off everyones radar). We've been saying a Murphy replacement was needed for years but Diarra and Dembele is by far our best partnership we've had in the premiership, behind that Sidwell, Baird and let's see what Kasami and Minkwitz can do.

Yes we all know we need a striker but now we've got 3 recognised ones (plus Ruiz and Dempsey) at the club we can take a bit of time and not be taken for a ride by tiny little clubs like Huddersfield.

New tv money doesn't bear any fruit until next season as far as I know.

Can't complain about anything Jol has done in the market so far thinking about it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Me-ate-Live, innit??

It may well be just paper talk and Jol was not interested in any of those players who knows really ??.
It must be very difficult  for the club trying to second guess the situation.  So the club spends £12/£15 M on a couple of players and come September 1st The Dems are still here, that's a whole lot of extra wages.
As for West Ham they have to splash the cash,  but their biggest problem is Spam Sam will be sacked by  Christmas
....perhaps not so big,  'Arry and Rosie are available  !!

Grant

"Tiny clubs like Huddersfield"

Please, let's not go down that road.

There but for the grace of God and all that.

Andy_M

I think we all need to remember that everytime Al Fayed has given a Fulham manager a significant sum to spend on a player: Marlet, Johnson, Ruiz. He hasn't exactly seen a brilliant return.

This is not me having a dig at Ruiz because I have seen glimpses of brilliance from him and hope he does come good but I am of the opinion that Al Fayed doesn't particularly want to sanction another big money signing by Jol until he has seen if Ruiz can do the business or not.
@got_maile

Adam87

I just dont think we have enough going forward, at the back we are pretty sound. But they are all getting older which is worrying, ut really really need some fire power, a winger and creative midfielder are essential. I havent been worried about a season for a while, but i guess im looking at the teams around us and they are splashing out and we are in safe mode still. I juist dont think we have enough at this point in time. Clint is certain to leave. Im just wondering about our policy right now. Guess we will find out. This is the first season for several years we have been tipped to go down by a few people, now i dont take notice of any predictions but its intresting to notice that fulham just appear a bit weaker to some.