News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For all of you in annoyance or panic mode....

Started by mccscratch, August 16, 2012, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

RELAX....

Things Fulham has consistently done...

1. Never discussed their transfer biz in public

2. Rarely gotten ripped off in the market by letting good players go for less than they should... (Zamora, Smalling, Bullard, Konch etc...)

3. Left transfers in and out very late... it is about making sure valuations are met and we don't overpay... Andy Johnson and Dio Kamara aside... we are astute buyers especially since the Sanchez fiasco...

I honestly think Dembele is going nowhere, Dempsey will go nowhere if our 10 million valuation is not met and we are still in the market for 2-3 more players... they may not be big names but knowing Jol, they will be quality squad players.

If we keep Clint, that is basically a new signing. He will play his arse off for the club if only just to prove all the moronic clubs wrong for not making a proper bid for him... that is just his nature.

So... SMILE... we get to play some footie on Saturday!!!!

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE.... STOP LISTENING TO THE RUMOR DRIVEN MEDIA
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

fulhamben

surley we have been in the market for those 2 or 3 players for 2 months now. tic toc.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mccscratch

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2012, 08:01:52 PM
surley we have been in the market for those 2 or 3 players for 2 months now. tic toc.

We always do this... every Summer...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Berserker

Quote from: mccscratch on August 16, 2012, 08:02:32 PM

So we always panic on this forum every summer!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

Quote from: Berserker on August 16, 2012, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on August 16, 2012, 08:02:32 PM

So we always panic on this forum every summer!!
excitement about who we might buy not panic of who we will probably lose even though we are still short of squad players before said losses
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Damn! I thought I was goin to win a prize or something for my frustrations.

Instead, a lecture. Lectures?! We don't need no stinking lectures!!

:59:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Herbie

Quote from: mccscratch on August 16, 2012, 08:00:35 PM
RELAX....

Things Fulham has consistently done...

1. Never discussed their transfer biz in public

2. Rarely gotten ripped off in the market by letting good players go for less than they should... (Zamora, Smalling, Bullard, Konch etc...)

3. Left transfers in and out very late... it is about making sure valuations are met and we don't overpay... Andy Johnson and Dio Kamara aside... we are astute buyers especially since the Sanchez fiasco...

I honestly think Dembele is going nowhere, Dempsey will go nowhere if our 10 million valuation is not met and we are still in the market for 2-3 more players... they may not be big names but knowing Jol, they will be quality squad players.

If we keep Clint, that is basically a new signing. He will play his arse off for the club if only just to prove all the moronic clubs wrong for not making a proper bid for him... that is just his nature.

So... SMILE... we get to play some footie on Saturday!!!!

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE.... STOP LISTENING TO THE RUMOR DRIVEN MEDIA

:plus one:

I dread to think what this board would be like if the transfer window was abolished and transfers were possible at any time.  Rumours are exactly that, rumours.  Roll on Saturday when we can get back to talking about the football.

I can't see anything other than positives for the new season.  The academy is moving in the right direction; the stadium improvements have been approved; Jol is shaking up the team by bringing through the younger players and complementing them with decent players for free or on loan.  All i can see is the club continuing to build the foundations of a solid premier league club, without risking it all by trying to rush it at any price, like QPR.  I know which one I'd prefer.

Patterson

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Let's all take a nice big step back and remember that the media will play tug of war with the various names they toss around.  I can only imagine what this place looks like if we're in a poor league position in November (which can and has happened in the past).  Last season, I can clearly recall a team that couldn't score and was playing pretty dreadful football until after the break.  Let's all remember that Fulham aren't front runners.  We won't pull a Tottenham and be neck and neck with the big boys at the top (only to flounder miserably at the end of the season).  We have yet to play a single league match and we still have our players rumoured to be on their way out.  Until I see concrete news concerning that, I'm not going to speculate on how this team will perform.  We don't know.  I'm guessing some weeks we'll look relegation-bound and other weeks we'll look like giant killers.  There's a LOT of football to played still...exactly a full season's worth.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

jarv

We can only guess but if, that's IF, we were to lose bth Dems,, htere will be a huge amount of money coming in and my guess is there are some quality players which have been sounded out as replacements.
It's more like house buying these days, a chain. (when the best players are about to move). Of course, it is possible to lose your best player out of the blue, with no replacement. It happens. With all the speculation about the Dems, surely a lot of work has been done on planB.

Patterson

Quote from: jarv on August 16, 2012, 10:59:18 PM
We can only guess but if, that's IF, we were to lose bth Dems,, htere will be a huge amount of money coming in and my guess is there are some quality players which have been sounded out as replacements.
It's more like house buying these days, a chain. (when the best players are about to move). Of course, it is possible to lose your best player out of the blue, with no replacement. It happens. With all the speculation about the Dems, surely a lot of work has been done on planB.

...and what if we don't sign a player this summer?  The worst case scenario is that we don't have anyone currently here to do a job in place of either or both Dems and we go out in January with the intent of replacing them with "marquee" signings with the money raised.  I'm really not that concerned despite obviously wanting both players to stay long term.

Lighthouse

If by some awful bad luck we lose 1-0 against Norwich. I dread to think what will happen to fans like me. We wait until the last minute so don't worry say other fans. But we would have played games by then with a squad that is possibly the worst squad we have had for some time. We were so close to being a really good side. Now we are looking for at least three players to make us close to what we were last season. Shameful to start a season with just two goodish strikers on our books.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

I agree. I think money is tight and that's why we're biding our time. I hope that we don't need to sell to buy. That would be disappointing. Martin needs to Mo to get behind him financially if we're to move forward.

Patterson

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2012, 11:10:41 PM
Shameful to start a season with just two goodish strikers on our books.

Correct me if I'm missing something, but I'm not sure we were much better off to start last year with Zamora, Johnson and Sà.  I dare say Petric and Rodallega could be equal to that lineup.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Patterson on August 16, 2012, 11:17:18 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2012, 11:10:41 PM
Shameful to start a season with just two goodish strikers on our books.

Correct me if I'm missing something, but I'm not sure we were much better off to start last year with Zamora, Johnson and Sà.  I dare say Petric and Rodallega could be equal to that lineup.

I said the same thing last year about our forwards but we did have Dembele and Dempsey as  possible stand ins. So it is still shameful to AGAIN start the season with only two strikers. Have we learned nothing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

Well, I think we will hit the ground running this season. It seems to me that the team spirit is as good as it has ever been, and that is something that can't be brought in with overpriced prima donnas.

So no reasons, just optimism  :clap_hands: