watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting to get fed up now

Started by SouthfieldWhite, August 16, 2012, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

No not with our lack of transferes ( alot of other clubs have hardly spent) but with some of our fans

Players these days are greedy and im glad the club dont pay over the odds for players, just look what has happened at Portsmouth, is that what some of you want?

Weve still got a very decent squad, infact one of the best weve ever had

Some of you sound like spoilt kids not getting a massive present at Xmas,

We have got permission for a fantastic new Riverside stand which wont come cheap, weve got oneof the best CEO in the Prem and weve got some good youth players coming through, weve also got the bonus of players like Sidwell and Simon Davies coming back to full fitness,

The transfere window hasnt shut yet and i believe we will make a couple of signings

All this weve missed out on this player, how do you know we was interested in certain players......oh you heard it on twitter, so it must be true

How many of you was about when Mickey Adams was manager? if you was then you know what he use to say..... keep the faith

fulhamguy

COYW!

Patterson

A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Lighthouse

Oh fiddly poo and tish posh

I was around when Adams was manager and had a season ticket before that and long after.

But we are a good Prem side. Top half side who had a squad who were close, with a bit of improvement, to being even better. Yet we now  start the season with suddenly a weak squad. That isn't being spoilt just frustrated. We coulda been a contender. Now we are thrashing about wondering if safety is our big aim.

Yes it may still all come good. But so far we start the season with a poorer squad than we had at the end of last season. Frustrating thats all. The last time we were excited by the Riverside stand we were relegated twice in two seasons. Learn from history Fulham because some of us will never be blinded by faith.

I have the greatest of respect towards you Mr SouthfieldWhite so please don't take this in any other way than a difference of opinion. You see this MB has me being scared of upsetting people.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 16, 2012, 11:15:50 PM
No not with our lack of transferes ( alot of other clubs have hardly spent) but with some of our fans

Players these days are greedy and im glad the club dont pay over the odds for players, just look what has happened at Portsmouth, is that what some of you want?

We have got permission for a fantastic new Riverside stand which wont come cheap, weve got oneof the best CEO in the Prem and weve got some good youth players coming through, weve also got the bonus of players like Sidwell and Simon Davies coming back to full fitness,

The transfere window hasnt shut yet and i believe we will make a couple of signings

All this weve missed out on this player, how do you know we was interested in certain players......oh you heard it on twitter, so it must be true

How many of you was about when Mickey Adams was manager? if you was then you know what he use to say..... keep the faith

Sorry Neil don't agree. I think we've been typically slap-dash this summer and I think players like Dempsey, Dembele and Hangerland's contracts should have been sorted months ago, not Stephen Kelly and Marcello Trotta. I think this is partly down to the club trying to be clever and it's back fired. I was around in the Adams days yes, we kept the faith because we had no money, we used the force to win games and made players like Conroy into world class strikers. Unfortunately those days are gone and we do now have the resorces. Our current squad is OK, it's still short of 2-3 players that we haven't replaced yet and after pushing on from last season I'd have expected them to be in by now and settled, not after the first game of the season.      

Patterson

I agree, Lighthouse.  We can be civil about our difference in opinion about what is at the end of the day, the club we all love.  I appreciate and take into consideration the change and potential change in our player personnel.  These are important changes and make us into a different club than last year.  But I feel that the young players on the brink last year are one year older and should continue to improve.  The signings we made could turn out to be fantastic free transfers which is good business.

Much is left to be decided and the season starts this weekend.  It's an exciting time...even if a bit daunting.

SouthfieldWhite

Lighthouse, no problem whats so ever, every one has a right to an opinion, im just expressing mine, part of my point was the window hasnt shut yet, as for a weakened team, weve lost Murphy and Dickson, IF jol thought they were good enough, hed of given them the contracts they wanted

I believe Ruiz will be a much better player than he was last season so thats a bonus

Lets just wait til the window shuts, ive said on many occasions how much i hate the transfere window.

We seem to have so many fans ITK with transfere, when the reality is Fulham are very very secreative with their transfere dealings

Bascially it boils down to , do we trust Jol, if we do, then get behind him, if you dont then go down the training ground and call for his head

Weve had a decent pre season, and a ball hasnt even been kicked yet and yet we have fans saying we will struggle, Dembele is massive for us, if we keep him then we will have a very good season, but one player dont make a team

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on August 16, 2012, 11:28:14 PM

Sorry Neil don't agree. I think we've been typically slap-dash this summer and I think players like Dempsey, Dembele and Hangerland's contracts should have been sorted months ago, not Stephen Kelly and Marcello Trotta. I think this is partly down to the club trying to be clever and it's back fired. I was around in the Adams days yes, we kept the faith because we had fcuk all money, we used the force to win games and made players like Conroy into world class strikers. Unfortunately those days are gone and we do now have the resorces. Our current squad is OK, it's still short of 2-3 players that we haven't replaced yet and after pushing on from last season I'd have expected them to be in by now and settled, not after the first game of the season.      

Admin, we lost Murphy and Dickson, ok and Pog but hes shown hes just another greedy barstard, we have bought in Petric and Rodallega and a right back, with Sidwell and Davies ready to come back who we didnt have for much of last season, thats hardly weakening last seasons team, and thats without what could happen in the next 2 weeks

My main moan is the doom and gloom amongst some of our fans even before a ball has been kicked

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 16, 2012, 11:41:06 PM

Sorry Neil don't agree. I think we've been typically slap-dash this summer and I think players like Dempsey, Dembele and Hangerland's contracts should have been sorted months ago, not Stephen Kelly and Marcello Trotta. I think this is partly down to the club trying to be clever and it's back fired. I was around in the Adams days yes, we kept the faith because we had fcuk all money, we used the force to win games and made players like Conroy into world class strikers. Unfortunately those days are gone and we do now have the resorces. Our current squad is OK, it's still short of 2-3 players that we haven't replaced yet and after pushing on from last season I'd have expected them to be in by now and settled, not after the first game of the season.       

Admin, we lost Murphy and Dickson, ok and Pog but hes shown hes just another greedy barstard, we have bought in Petric and Rodallega and a right back, with Sidwell and Davies ready to come back who we didnt have for much of last season, thats hardly weakening last seasons team, and thats without what could happen in the next 2 weeks

My main moan is the doom and gloom amongst some of our fans even before a ball has been kicked
you are missing one huge loss. halliche. could have been the next bobby moore :)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Admin

My problem is that Petric' is 31, good player granted but he has an injury list as long as Hugo's. I think in one season, in Germany, he managed to grace the pitch just 15 times. What if he gives us the same problems, adding to that Hugo, who do we have as back up? We've known about Pog for some time now and I honestly feel a striker should have been sorted and well before the 31st. Davies, and i think you've got agree me me here is finished as a Fulham player. He's here because Hughes handed him a 4 year contact extension.

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on August 16, 2012, 11:47:51 PM

My problem is that Petric' is 31, good player granted but he has an injury list as long as Hugo's. I think in one season, in Germany, he managed to grace the pitch just 15 times. What if he gives us the same problems, adding to that Hugo, who do we have as back up? We've known about Pog for some time now and I honestly feel a striker should have been sorted and well before the 31st. Davies, and i think you've got agree me me here is finished as a Fulham player. He's here because Hughes handed him a 4 year contact extension.
i dont agree with that. think davies is a great squad player to have

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2012, 11:49:25 PM

That last injury which Davies had killed him. I hope I'm wrong but I fear he'll be half the player he was. Has he even featured pre-season?

Patterson

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2012, 11:49:25 PMi dont agree with that. think davies is a great squad player to have

How can we forget this so easily...

Great Fulham Goals #6 - Simon Davies on Vimeo

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on August 16, 2012, 11:51:27 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2012, 11:49:25 PM

That last injury which Davies had killed him. I hope I'm wrong but I fear he'll be half the player he was. Has he even featured pre-season?
think he will be less than half if he is dead. you are contradicting yourself. you are saying he is finished yet admit you have not seen him.

Patterson

Quote from: Patterson on August 16, 2012, 11:53:35 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2012, 11:49:25 PMi dont agree with that. think davies is a great squad player to have

How can we forget this so easily...

Great Fulham Goals #6 - Simon Davies on Vimeo

Ah...sorry.  You'll have to click on the link below the video frame.

malcbridger

This coming season will be a huge test for Ruiz, who we all know has the skills and a seemingly spot on attitude but he will be under pressure to repay some of that 10.6m with goals and assists. He definitely improved before the injury but this is his opportunity to shine. I think we are going to get a very good season from him as we should. I liked his honesty when first joining admitting that the pace of the premier league took him a little bit by surprise and he neede to adapt.
I really expect him to be like a new player this term, he has a beautiful touch, passes well and was a proven goalscorer in the Dutch league and on a par with the odious Suarez.
I still expect a Rhodes type of forward to arrive within the window (who really knows what is going on behind the scenes), and a Mark Davies, Huddlestone type of player would be a welcome addition, let's wait and see...

The Bronsons

It's like this every summer. FFC don't do their business in public so none of us know what is really going on. All we have to go on are made-up stories by "journalists" paid to fill columns with crap, and rumours started by spotty people with Twitter accounts. Dembele might go, or stay. Dempsey might stay, or go. We might sign A, B, C, X, Y or Z or we may not. Let's see where we are in a month's time and meantime chill out and look forward to Saturday. COYW!

twang

Best post for quite some time. Everyone wants to see us make a signing but it seems that some believe it's our God given right to sign this or that player, but I guess it's easy to be in demand when it concerns other peoples money...

Adam87

Its the way players act that pisses me off more than anything....to think how lucky they are but who they are as people....??? I mean how greedy to they have to be...... players create a massive fuss becuase they cant get their wages up from 20k a week to 60k. Or in ashley coles case "how can i live on 65k a week"?????

All this bollox about footballers and their short careers, yeah you might only be in football 10ish years, but you are earning £5k a week 20k, 50k, 100k.......you could earn 50k a week for one year and never work again. I completly see your point. I dont begrudge them their money becuase we would all take it if it was offered to us, but at least act like your grateful.

A big +1 to southfield white. Well said.

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2012, 11:25:33 PM
we now  start the season with suddenly a weak squad.

Few teams in the league would consider it a weak squad with the likes of Diarra, Dembele, Dempsey, Ruiz, Hangeland and Schwarzer on the roster. That's quite a spine for a team outside Europe places.
Yes Murphy was a loss but a Petric with two broken legs would have a better touch than the Pog (as much as he'll remain a hero for his goal bukake in those few games). Even if it IS a weaker squad (I don't really think it is), it's a squad more molded to Jol's style. Which is more important.

QuoteI think players like Dempsey, Dembele and Hangerland's contracts should have been sorted months ago, not Stephen Kelly and Marcello Trotta.

I doubt the club were prioritising Kelly or Trotta over the big guns. They're simply easier ones to negotiate.

Let me be another one to say that the opening post was spot on. A few people should have a bit more respect and faith for the club that's given them a European final and no worries of relegation in the last four years.