watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Perish the thought (the two Dems)

Started by OldBrownShoe, August 17, 2012, 08:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldBrownShoe

Much has been made of Dempsey's will he/won't he go to Liverpoo and lately Dembele to Real Madrid. I apologise if I may have missed something but has anybody considered that now Spuds and the Arse are/will be awash with money they could be in for either or both of our Dems?  (And it would just be like Fulham to take a reserve or frequently injured player and a handful of loose change in exchange!)
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

sunburywhite

Lets get £25m in the bank and go buy 5 decent players with it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

OldBrownShoe

Sounds good in practice but I seriously doubt we would get even close to that amount. I am not saying the players are not worth it but reckon we would get beaten down on our asking price.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Badge out, laid off
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
l

FFC1987

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on August 17, 2012, 09:11:51 AM
Sounds good in practice but I seriously doubt we would get even close to that amount. I am not saying the players are not worth it but reckon we would get beaten down on our asking price.
Demps 10m and Im led to believe Dembele is 12m on his buyout, please correct me if I'm wrong. So roughly 22m.

HatterDon

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on August 17, 2012, 08:54:32 AM
Much has been made of Dempsey's will he/won't he go to Liverpoo and lately Dembele to Real Madrid. I apologise if I may have missed something but has anybody considered that now Spuds and the Arse are/will be awash with money they could be in for either or both of our Dems?  (And it would just be like Fulham to take a reserve or frequently injured player and a handful of loose change in exchange!)

I've always expected that when/if Dempsey moves this summer or in January, it'll be to Arsenal. He would be a significant upgrade over Arshavin and Rosicky and is perfect for their style. With Arsene flush with cash for RVP, I expect the move to occur fairly quickly.

While MOST people seem to think that Dempsey is determined to go, I believe that it's the club that's pushing the deal. This is THE time to get maximum money for hm and that would be good business. If we get enough, we'd have the cash to sign an new striker AND a new midfielder -- Rhodes and Nzonzi, for instance.

I would be VERY surprised if Dembele leaves this summer ... perhaps in January.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2012, 03:03:20 PM
Much has been made of Dempsey's will he/won't he go to Liverpoo and lately Dembele to Real Madrid. I apologise if I may have missed something but has anybody considered that now Spuds and the Arse are/will be awash with money they could be in for either or both of our Dems?  (And it would just be like Fulham to take a reserve or frequently injured player and a handful of loose change in exchange!)

I've always expected that when/if Dempsey moves this summer or in January, it'll be to Arsenal. He would be a significant upgrade over Arshavin and Rosicky and is perfect for their style. With Arsene flush with cash for RVP, I expect the move to occur fairly quickly.

While MOST people seem to think that Dempsey is determined to go, I believe that it's the club that's pushing the deal. This is THE time to get maximum money for hm and that would be good business. If we get enough, we'd have the cash to sign an new striker AND a new midfielder -- Rhodes and Nzonzi, for instance.

We can only go on what we have heard and Jol said that Dempsey told everyone at FFC that he was going to Liverpool.

It was in Leipzig where he told FFC he wanted to leave and would not play.

That FFC are forcing him out would go against everything we have heard.

I have no problem with Clint going, but lets not pretend he is not being an arse about it.

OldBrownShoe

Something missing in the scheme of things isn't there? Liverpoo don't appear to have made a bid, acceptable or otherwise.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Badge out, laid off
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
l

NogoodBoyo

That's why it's now a giant game of chicken.  Who blinks first.
Personally, I think somebody will come in with a reasonable bis as the man did score a ton og goals last year (mostly from midfield).  That sort of player is worth 10 mil even with only one year left on his contract and a dodgy attitude.
Dembele could still go too.  We probably won't have time to spend the money until January.  The upside of this is that it will give the youngsters a great opportunity.  And that's exciting.
Nogood "hang on in there, isit" Boyo

cebu

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 17, 2012, 03:15:35 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2012, 03:03:20 PM

We can only go on what we have heard and Jol said that Dempsey told everyone at FFC that he was going to Liverpool.

It was in Leipzig where he told FFC he wanted to leave and would not play.

That FFC are forcing him out would go against everything we have heard.

I have no problem with Clint going, but lets not pretend he is not being an arse about it.

Yep, AFC, we now have FFC's management perspective on the story. Unless Dempsey is equally forthcoming, we don't really have anything to go on ... except the official propaganda.

I listen to that stuff, but try not to swallow it whole.