https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Versus Views - Norwich

Started by WhiteJC, August 17, 2012, 09:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

these answers came from carrowroad.net

What do you think of Fulham?
One of the smaller London clubs and I think one of the more friendly.
Smaller London club been punching above their weight for many seasons now, but been doing ok. Always been treated well when visiting.
Always thought that they were going to do better then they have,  never quite made the expectation, that their squad promised.  Seemed quite friendly when I came down the other season (yes the 6-0 one) 

Where do you think Fulham will finish?
I feel they will finish just above mid table.
Mid table again and I don't know how you do it!
About mid way, 

What are your expectations for the season?
New manager for us. I'd be happy to survive.
Not as high as last season which was 12th.
To survive,  Can't see us repeating last season

What do you think of Martin Jol?
Love his accent. Liked him at Spurs.
Nice guy and seems to get the best out of all his teams.
Thought he was a top manager while at spurs, but seems to lost his way a little at the moment showing quite the same levels

What do you think of Chris Hughton?
Pleased with his appointment but not quite sure on his transfers yet.
The jury is still out until a few games in. Seems to know his stuff and will sort our defense out (I hope)
He was unfairly treated at Newcastle, but I have a little doubt over him,  that no other premier club came for him, he had to go down a league before we did.

How do they feel about Paul Lambert now?
Hope he fails and gets sacked.
Can't answer this as children read this board!!
He was our best manager for ages, he was always going to move on, the way he did it is what upset so many fans,  he hasn't chosen his "big" club that well, if he is happy to be third choice then he deserves what he gets. Personally I hope it isn't a lot.

How do most fans view Delia Smith?
Mixed opinion. Some say she has saved Norwich, others differ from that.
Lovely lady but doesn't know much about running a football club, but has brought in McNally which was a superb move!
Glad she has got out of the lime light and let David McNally get on with the job.  Always thought a cook running a club will end with burnt fingers and pies.  I don't agree she has saved the club, she will make a fair bit out of the shares she  got for her loans.

Is Grant Holt worth an England Cap?
No. Too physical for international football.
Not really would get sent off as foreign refs don't know his game.
On last season's form worth a punt, he would certainly offer something different, there is more to his game than many give credit for.  If he can do what he did again then he will more than deserve a chance.  But won't get it, it is still an old boy's network for certain clubs.

Who should we look out for?
Holt and Pilkington.
Pilks Howson
You all know what Holt can do, add to him Howson and Snodgrass

Are you happy with your current team?
Not yet.
Happy with who we have, but not sure on the formation we may play.
No we are still light in certain areas, only one of new signing excites me, the rest has a Hugh-huge question mark over.

What score do you predict?
2-1 to Fulham
Think we'll lose but can't predict a loss so will go with 1-1
Craven Cottage  2-1  to you
Carrow Road  2-1 to us

LRCN

awesome mate. would you mind if i post this on hammyend? with the relevant credit of course

AlFayedsChequebook

Some nice comments in there.

Very realistic about their chances this season which is refreshing. None of this 'chasing europe' thing that other newly promoted teams have.

WhiteJC

Quote from: ~lork on August 17, 2012, 09:30:05 AM
awesome mate. would you mind if i post this on hammyend? with the relevant credit of course

help yourself