watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor media for FFC

Started by FFC1987, August 17, 2012, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

I don't think Fulham get treated any different to any other team outside the top 6-7. I've seen and read some very insightful and measured analysis on Fulham this season, it's just less frequent than the news that comes out about some of the bigger clubs. I actually think Fulham is viewed with less distain than most clubs. I certainly don't think, as FFC1987 has suggested, that Fulham have made any blunders this season. Everyone knows Jol has a terrific relationship with the press.

cmg

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2012, 09:44:11 AM

Think I'll give the guardian a read if its more friendly (realistic). The point of the post was to highlight poor media, think we done that and rationalised it.

Don't bank on the Guardian, who once managed a report on a match which we had won that failed to mention any of our players and managed the word Fulham once only; even when they are praising us they still don't get it right. Today's 'Team Of The Weekend' includes Brede Hangeland (Fulham), John Arne Riise (Fulham), Mladen Petric (Fulham)....and Moussa Dembele (Everton)!

Unless they know something we don't.

aFFCn_Fan

I was miffed when Sky News on Sunday morning reports Swansea's 5-0 over QPhaha, then went straight into Liverpool's loss, Arsenal's 0-0 and then Pardew's pushing a linesman. Nothing about Fulham, which was just as impressive a results as Swansea. That said the next time the sports bloke was on he mentioned Swansea and Fulham both won 5-0.

And was annoyed at the Premier League HD channel, which showed the results of the Swansea game in reasonable length, then skipped through the goals of Fulham very quickly and then 'thrilling' 0-0 of Arsenal Sunderland a five minute slot with full intro, graphics of who played and in which positions.  

But as Whiteroom says, we probably don't get treated much different to other non top 7, it just feels like we do.
@hincharoo

FFC1987

Quote from: Whiteroom on August 20, 2012, 10:39:56 AM
I don't think Fulham get treated any different to any other team outside the top 6-7. I've seen and read some very insightful and measured analysis on Fulham this season, it's just less frequent than the news that comes out about some of the bigger clubs. I actually think Fulham is viewed with less distain than most clubs. I certainly don't think, as FFC1987 has suggested, that Fulham have made any blunders this season. Everyone knows Jol has a terrific relationship with the press.

Quote the suggestion please, as this is a false accusation. I think in some parts of the media FFC is highly regarded, but this pre season, I haven't really seen that as much. You maybe right about less frequent flattery but you also need to think the times we have been mentioned, it has been in a poorer light than usual eg. mainly mentioned with players going, the Clint situation and apparent relegation battle looming. Some people even went as far to say that we are a 'club in decline'.

I'm an optimistic poster here and appreciate opnions, but don't appreciate inaccurate statements regarding my 'suggestions'.

WhiteMulberry

I noticed this in a bigger way than usual last week. On Friday i heard a so called Fulham fan phoning Talksport to moan about our squad, I just felt that whoever it was couldn;t have been a true Fulham fan becasue they didn't seem to acknowledge any of the positives and were following the same media line that without Zamora, AJ and Murphy we would struggle, of course, the presenter was in full agrement and reinforced this with something along the lines of " i have them down for relegation i really think they'll struggle this season"

But, the real evidence was on MOTD, not the fact we were 4th after a 5 - 0 win, but the after match analysis, and i think this is evidence that a lot of the pundits do actualy genuinely like us, as they say they do. Hansen was going through his analysis of the game and busy talking about Norwich and there poor defending, ie if we win, it's becasue the other side were appalling. But Lineker interrupted to say, "Hang on a minute, what about Fulham?" Hansens reply, whilst point to his earpiece, "I'm being told to talk about Norwich's defending." says it all.

Sunday papers, full page and photo for QPR game, Liverpool game etc, small section, no photo for Fulhams game, again, as always.

FFC1987

Quote from: WhiteMulberry on August 20, 2012, 11:29:44 AM
I noticed this in a bigger way than usual last week. On Friday i heard a so called Fulham fan phoning Talksport to moan about our squad, I just felt that whoever it was couldn;t have been a true Fulham fan becasue they didn't seem to acknowledge any of the positives and were following the same media line that without Zamora, AJ and Murphy we would struggle, of course, the presenter was in full agrement and reinforced this with something along the lines of " i have them down for relegation i really think they'll struggle this season"

But, the real evidence was on MOTD, not the fact we were 4th after a 5 - 0 win, but the after match analysis, and i think this is evidence that a lot of the pundits do actualy genuinely like us, as they say they do. Hansen was going through his analysis of the game and busy talking about Norwich and there poor defending, ie if we win, it's becasue the other side were appalling. But Lineker interrupted to say, "Hang on a minute, what about Fulham?" Hansens reply, whilst point to his earpiece, "I'm being told to talk about Norwich's defending." says it all.

Sunday papers, full page and photo for QPR game, Liverpool game etc, small section, no photo for Fulhams game, again, as always.
Completely agree with the analysis part, seemed fishy that even when Gary highlighted it, he just said 'upstairs'. The Sun had the two 5.0's on the same spread but Liverpool, WestHam and Arsenal all on double. i thought that was bizarre but everyone knows WestHam are the medias blue eyed boy. Great spot Mulberry.

Airfix

People are entitled to their opinion.
We are entitled to prove them wrong.

FFC1987

Quote from: Airfix on August 20, 2012, 01:36:36 PM
People are entitled to their opinion.
We are entitled to prove them wrong.
Theres entitlement to opinion but not sure entitlement of making up something to create a non relevent point. Its basic slander.

alfie

Quote from: JIMMY D on August 17, 2012, 10:54:54 PM
I have just moved from the UK back to Australia and the press in OZ think Fulham will have a average year and finnish about 14th position. They say this could be a building year for us as we have some great young players coming up in the youth leagues.

How the hell can anyone in this country, Australia or anywhere in this known universe know what sort of season Fulham are going to have.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: alfie on August 20, 2012, 02:19:18 PM
I have just moved from the UK back to Australia and the press in OZ think Fulham will have a average year and finnish about 14th position. They say this could be a building year for us as we have some great young players coming up in the youth leagues.

How the hell can anyone in this country, Australia or anywhere in this known universe know what sort of season Fulham are going to have.

I predict that we'll lose more away than we do at home. It's really just a shot in the dark guess though.  :hook:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

WhiteMulberry

I think it's more of a prediction rather than guaranteed outcome. Just general football talk like we all tend to do, and enjoy reading. like, mmmm, QPR could struggle this season if they can't get there new players to gel quick enough, the fans may turn on them and their ambitious manager may walk or be pushed, i predict another season of teetering on the brink. Now i don't know this for sure, but i enjoyed predictng it.

alfie

Quote from: WhiteMulberry on August 20, 2012, 02:46:36 PM

I think it's more of a prediction rather than guaranteed outcome. Just general football talk like we all tend to do, and enjoy reading. like, mmmm, QPR could struggle this season if they can't get there new players to gel quick enough, the fans may turn on them and their ambitious manager may walk or be pushed, i predict another season of teetering on the brink. Now i don't know this for sure, but i enjoyed predictng it.

yes sorry you are correct, was just getting fed up with these so called prediction comments, lets face it Lawro makes prediciations about Fulham every game and very rarely gets it right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Me-ate-Live, innit??

listen to Talk Sport from about 7:50 tonight :Saggers and Collimore
they slated the jurnos who said we would struggle
could not have been nicer about us

FFC1987

Bear in mind the majority of comments were made before the 5.0 win where we clearly should get some praise.

Good stuff, big stan is one of the guys from talksport who said FFC to go down was nonsense.

Anywho thanks for the views, I think it was just a situation of collective bad media through a spell of 2 days. All we can do is prove people wrong.

WhiteMulberry

Quote from: alfie on August 20, 2012, 07:24:51 PM
Quote from: WhiteMulberry on August 20, 2012, 02:46:36 PM

yes sorry you are correct, was just getting fed up with these so called prediction comments, lets face it Lawro makes prediciations about Fulham every game and very rarely gets it right.

When Lawro predicts a win for us, I worry.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

As I said a couple of days ago
Stan and Saggs were  very nice about us
If you want to hear it,here is the link :

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/87182
click on the 1939 -2000 (green background)
then it's at 17:29