watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor media for FFC

Started by FFC1987, August 17, 2012, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I can't help but think the media are against us this year. From Talksport stating we are or should be favourites to go down, to leading stories regarding unrest and players leaving. Advertising us to players such as Ngog and to name a load of very average players, then stating we get turned down bids and speculating that our 'transfer targets' have gone elsewhere...I feel we have been a little hard done by.

Thought regarding this is either we are starting to become unpopular or our professional stance as doing business behind closed doors are frustrating the media so much that they are starting to turn on us. And now this whole dempsey thing, to say the least I think its been a bad silly season for us on a media scale.

Also to release this whole thing on the eve of the opening game is poor PR from us really. As much as I rate how we do things, this is a huge slip up for us.

rusty shackleford

Ive never seen the media force a transfer until i seen what has happened this year with Dempsey.

MJG

When you say talksport you really mean that special one twit Adrian Durham who's job it is to have fans ring up and engage in discussions.
Him saying fulham will be ok, will not get fans calling in, hence he uses today's press confirm hive him a subject to discuss.
Im not bothered by the press really, they cover the big boys and we get a bit here and there and its the same for all us middle ranking clubs.

Adam87

I also have noticed that there is a negative vibe with fulham this year, we havent done much i guess and our players are linked with other clubs....doesnt help that we havent spent anything yet....jol said he wanted to bring at least 2 in....lets just hope and pray.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on August 17, 2012, 05:26:26 PM
When you say talksport you really mean that special one twit Adrian Durham who's job it is to have fans ring up and engage in discussions.
Him saying fulham will be ok, will not get fans calling in, hence he uses today's press confirm hive him a subject to discuss.
Im not bothered by the press really, they cover the big boys and we get a bit here and there and its the same for all us middle ranking clubs.

Agree with the talksport reference but even so, Ray Wilkins said we would have a difficult season this year. Just seems like the media arent playing fair with us this year.

MJG

The majority of the media always have us going down. Rob Shepherd has us continually in his predictions to go down(although not checked this year). We know our team better than any press and while we might not make 7-9th I still think we will be ok.
The youth need another season or two to really break through and that for example is one some of yhe signings only have short contracts.

Be honest the prem lge is tough, and you need to start well or its a tough year. But we are not going down.

Sod the press.

Classic94

Who cares about the media or what they think of us? Shows such as Talksport are an embarrassment anyway, existing solely to generate controversy where there is none. If it was up to them, we would still be hovering around the lower divisions. I echoe the above post - they don't know Fulham as we do.

bill taylors apprentice

The media has always ignored Fulham most of the time, and been generally negative when there's a story to get there teeth into .
Nothing new this year to whats been going on forever.    

HatterDon

If you visit forums from clubs around the league, you'll see much the same. All fans think their club is given short shrift. I even saw a thread on Liverpool's fan site last season that was all about how Liverpool is always last on Match of the Day. Cracked me up.

Commentators need to be outrageous in what they say and do. Some day we'll be relegated; that's for certain. I just hope they continue to be wrong for a number of years.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fusili

Quote from: MJG on August 17, 2012, 05:26:26 PM
that special one twit Adrian Durham

Thats the best thing I've read all day!

He's the main reason I can't listen to Talksport he really is a Tw@t

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 17, 2012, 05:15:41 PM
I can't help but think the media are against us this year. From Talksport stating we are or should be favourites to go down, to leading stories regarding unrest and players leaving. Advertising us to players such as Ngog and to name a load of very average players, then stating we get turned down bids and speculating that our 'transfer targets' have gone elsewhere...I feel we have been a little hard done by.

Thought regarding this is either we are starting to become unpopular or our professional stance as doing business behind closed doors are frustrating the media so much that they are starting to turn on us. And now this whole dempsey thing, to say the least I think its been a bad silly season for us on a media scale.

Also to release this whole thing on the eve of the opening game is poor PR from us really. As much as I rate how we do things, this is a huge slip up for us.
I could not believe they gave any credibility to Wilkins interview he said because we had lost Dempsey, AJ and Etuhu we would go down, did he actually check how many games AJ & Etuhu played for us last year and did he not look at the forwards we have signed to replace AJ and Dempsey. Absolute Cretin I just could not stop laughing when Wilkins came out with that rubbish.
064.gif

horse1031

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2012, 05:50:55 PM
If you visit forums from clubs around the league, you'll see much the same. All fans think their club is given short shrift. I even saw a thread on Liverpool's fan site last season that was all about how Liverpool is always last on Match of the Day. Cracked me up.

Commentators need to be outrageous in what they say and do. Some day we'll be relegated; that's for certain. I just hope they continue to be wrong for a number of years.

HD, dont talk like that :dft004:

JBH

The media always slag us off and make us favourites to go down, as for Talk Shite they are jus a bunch of moronic wind up merchants who just want controversy to rain all the time, that is why most real sports fans ditch them ages ago.

Oiseau

To my knowledge none of the major newspaper pundits have backed us to go down. They asked all of the Guardian pundits (who are some of my favourite columnists) who they thought would go down and no one picked us. I'm not saying that we definitely won't get relegated but TalkSport is a very silly radio station. I much, much prefer BBC Five Live and wouldn't trust TS at all (apart from Moose who's decent.)  Even if we have been predicted to go down, the power is entirely in Jol and the team's hands. One pundit's opinion can't send us down alone. Just look at Wigan - they're predicted to go down every single season.

Most of the press usually forgets about us rather than singles us out for criticism. TS is a special case.

JIMMY D

I have just moved from the UK back to Australia and the press in OZ think Fulham will have a average year and finnish about 14th position. They say this could be a building year for us as we have some great young players coming up in the youth leagues.

EJL

Fulham is just a club that everyone pisses on.

beijing ben

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2012, 05:50:55 PM

Your last comment is spot on. One day we will go down we just need to prolong that day for as long as possible. As with every season i'm prepared for the relegation battle that we will be involved in. I just hope everyone else understands that that, as always, is the reality. I'm sure we can stay up with Jol but we need to understand what is really going on. We have overachieved with our league position ever since the great escape. Every season we have actually been trying to stay up. I worry when i see fans saying 7th place finish expected. Its a joke. Please stay behind the club when we are struggling (as we have every season in the top flight at some point), otherwise i'll have to come back for a few games

beijing ben

Quote from: Classic94 on August 17, 2012, 05:45:52 PM
Who cares about the media or what they think of us? Shows such as Talksport are an embarrassment anyway, existing solely to generate controversy where there is none. If it was up to them, we would still be hovering around the lower divisions. I echoe the above post - they don't know Fulham as we do.

But the media are right to look at us as relegation candidates with the huge possibilty of our two best players leaving and Hangeland suggesting an exit too. Just means we need to galvanise as a group and get through this. There is nothing wrong with being suggested as relegation candidates. If i was them (the media) from a purely non biased point of view i would suggest it too. We could start September with no Demps, Dembele or Hangeland. Its totally understandable where they are coming from..

HatterDon

Quote from: JIMMY D on August 17, 2012, 10:54:54 PM
I have just moved from the UK back to Australia and the press in OZ think Fulham will have a average year and finnish about 14th position. They say this could be a building year for us as we have some great young players coming up in the youth leagues.

Sounds like reasonable analysis and a sensible conclusion.

welcome to the site, Mr. Jimmy D.  076.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

I just didn't like the way some parts of the media have responded, especially that moron, Adrian Durram or whatever his name is. I think it sums it up that we won 5.0 and ended up 4th on MoTD but oh well. Think I'll give the guardian a read if its more friendly (realistic). The point of the post was to highlight poor media, think we done that and rationalised it.