News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Jol going to do a Ferguson next season?

Started by General, August 17, 2012, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

everything seems to be shaping up to lead me to believe that with Jols new remit that we may very well start seeing next season a completely youth lead (with a few people making up a strong and more experience backbone) team.

Cohen made the comment in his recent interview stating that he was expecting 3 or 4 new young academy players coming through.

With Stockdale, Kasami, Frei, Kacaniklic and Briggs already showing their competence at Premier League level, with a few more coming through - it could prove to make some sense.

Chuck in Ruiz, who's tied down to a long contract and a few of the other senior players like Rodallega etc then, whilst it's risky, it could make a lot of sense...

Mesca and Dan Burn are two that i'd expect to see coming through this season and Trotta moreso... so that is 8 young players.

The thing is though, these players aren't risky either... Mesca looks just as promising as Frei and Kacaniklic which is 3 players, Kasami is another, we all know about Stockdale's ability and Briggs is improving all the time.

HatterDon

it's the only way to make sense out of "we want a younger squad" while buying 30+ year old players on loan or 1-year contract. The question is, what league will we be in when the kids are ready to take over.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

elgreenio

cant see it being this season for many more apart from a league cup appearance and anything if we're settled late on in the season. Next season though i'd expect a plethora of young talent to burst through.
touch my camera through the fence

GloucesterWhite

Really can't see Trotta making the grade. He did well at Wycombe, but couldn't even get into the Watford team. Maybe a late developer, but certainly not ready yet.

cebu

I'm sure Jol and his staff will gain  some clarity during the course of the coming season about which youngsters will make it to the first team squad and they can hand out further one year contracts to older players who still have what it takes.