News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what now for Dempsey if Liverpool don't want him?

Started by Grant, August 18, 2012, 11:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

reserves until he stops sulking and decides to play again. Probably not even ressies, may even have to train alone.

grandad

If he continually refuses to play he will train on his own with no wages. Being already a millionaire I don´t think he would suffer.
What a sad way to end a career.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Even millionaires have a lifestyle to finance, I hope he genuinely will want to play football, shape up or ship out!

Senior Supporter

If there is truth in their assertion that Liverpool are reluctant to meet both Fulham's AND DEMPSEY'S demands it throws a different light on the situation. If it was just Fulham's valuation that was a sticking point you would always suspect that a compromise might be found. On the face of it Liverpool have treated the player very shabbily (there's a surprise), having tapped him up and gone as far as stating that he was already a Liverpool player, failing to make a formal offer and now querying the deal the player wants, which presumably must have been discussed before Dempsey announced that he was going there.

Where does it leave Dempsey now? Jol's words seem to indicate there is a way back for him if he wants it and is prepared to mend bridges. Otherwise his best option seems to be West Ham as a regular starter or Arsenal as a sub. I would be happy now to see him go to either at a lower figure than we would accept from Liverpool.

fulhamben

tiff sugesting he is trying to buy out his contract
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Berserker

I actually find it a sad state of affairs. As i said on another thread Liverpool has played Dempsey as a fool. Hope the situation can be turned around to everybodies satisfaction, but fear this may not happen
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

itombomb

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2012, 12:27:57 PM
If that is the case, you can understand him not being happy with Fulham not letting him go, but at the same time, we rightly think we can get more than that £2-3mill from him by selling him.

fulhamben

Quote from: itombomb on August 18, 2012, 12:58:33 PM
If that is the case, you can understand him not being happy with Fulham not letting him go, but at the same time, we rightly think we can get more than that £2-3mill from him by selling him.
pretty sure i heard jol say he can go if the price is right. and does anyone know if the ickle baby has put a transfer request in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt_Keen

Would have thought there's no chance in him buying himself out. The club won't allow it. He's worth far more to us than the rest of his contract if we sell now.