watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diarra

Started by God The Mechanic, August 18, 2012, 04:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

in jol we trust...he knows what hes doing,the guy is a ledge :Haynes The Maestro:

MJG

Its rubbish when clubs only sign free agents....
Diarra-Petric oh and Dave came on...not bad judge of a player that Jol.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 05:22:37 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 18, 2012, 05:10:30 PM
You're right.  Can't stop smiling.
Nogood "looking on the bright side, isit" boyo

everyone is forgetting that in the "dempsey" press conference yesterday jol also said he still wants to buy at least a cm, a striker... 4/5 more players i think he said. if we do some good business over the next two weeks, swap dempsey for someone younger etc, increase the capacity by 5k, then we really are kicking on. good times
Presumably the centre midfielder will be a backup.

alexbishop

Couldn't help but notice Diarra and Hangeland had what looked to me like an argument early on in the game, wonder if Hangeland felt a bit undermined as Diarra looked like the real leader on that pitch.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Matt Inglis

I was so impressed with how Diarra can ping the ball out wide to Duff and Kaca. I never saw that in his game before since it was Murphy's job.
We have a top, top midfielder here. Some great business
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

fulhamben

will he be off to the anc in january
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2012, 09:17:34 PM
will he be off to the anc in january
I doubt it. He's been out of the set up for a few years now.

CH FFC

I felt that FFC played well today, and I was even happier to see the result at Loftus Road, with all their "Ambition".
Of course it is still quite early, I have a good feeling about this season.

Jol said "3-4 or 5 players"

Terry Angus

what's the term of his contract?

WORTHINGFULHAM

think its a year contract.

Jambo

Was always confused by the Murphy comparison. He was great for us but Diarra is on a different planet.  You play for real Madrid for 4 years winning leagues and not be very good at what you do.  Can't believe he is with us if im honest
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

HatterDon

Diarra is an excellent player who played brilliantly for us today.

See, it's possible to give a player his due without denigrating another player. I, for one, would like to see more of this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mick the whale

I've been watching Fulham for over 40 years, and I think I could say that Diarra's performance today was one of the most complete I have seen. Both defensiveley and offensively. What a performance

Lighthouse

Diarra and Dembele are class when they are given that much space. Ruiz as well loved the wide open spaces and some great running off the ball. We need players for a stronger squad. But if you are allowed to play with classy players as we were today then there will be plenty of days like this.

When we play the top sides they could cut through us as we are better going forward with that midfield than defending. However nice to see class oozing from the side today. Should be interesting in the nnext few weeks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BarryP

I will freely admit I was concerned that Murphy's departure might cause some midfield hiccups during the early matches and I don't mean that as a reflection on Diarra's quality in any way.  It just seemed that Murphy and Moussa had developed a chemistry that might take a bit longer than the preseaon might allow for duplication.  For the first match those fears were not only set aside they were ripped asunder.  Dembele and Diarra were brilliant today.

Mr. Fulham I agree with your observation regarding the team trainer deserving a bit of recognition.  I noted elsewhere that to me Diarra seemed much fitter and faster today than he did at the end of last season.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

EJL

Sounds like plenty of class oozed earlier. (Sounds absolutely disgusting, but if it gets us 5-0 wins, I'm all for class oozing)

So I managed to miss one of the best performances by a Premier League Fulham team for what? Trying to find a radio station in America that isn't in Spanish, that's what ...

Slaphead in Qatar

Ruiz, diarra and dembele were excellent. Hope we can hang onto dembele.

Fernhurst

Welcome to FoF Slaphead - you join a host of fellow slapheads

Pre game I was concerned how we would perform without our chief puppeteer and skipper. 
What transpired was a fabulously dominant display from our team.
Diarra was superb and thinner than last season.

Let's not get to excited until we play a team above The Dog and Duck Reserves level of Norwich yesterday
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Alternative

Quote from: alexbishop on August 18, 2012, 08:56:39 PM
Couldn't help but notice Diarra and Hangeland had what looked to me like an argument early on in the game, wonder if Hangeland felt a bit undermined as Diarra looked like the real leader on that pitch.

Yes it puzzled me. I would be interested to know what was behind it.

I suspect a specific incident rather than Hangeland pulling rank though.

General

He is different class, and I just wish we signed him to a longer contract than just the one extra year.

The thing that really encouraged me yesterday is that not only do they all seem to compliment each other and are all individually strong, is they started working as a team and thrived off one another.

Also, Ruiz - he hardly got pushed off the ball, which is incredibly promising - he looks a different player already to the one we saw last season and I think these players could see us as high as 6th this season which is saying something.