watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diarra

Started by God The Mechanic, August 18, 2012, 04:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Seriously... how good is he?  He just oozes class.

That is all.

sunburywhite

He and Dembele ran the show

They were never more than 5 yards from each other
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bassey the warrior

I've been saying it for a long long time. We don't need Murphy, this guy is better.

NogoodBoyo

I always felt Diarra would replace Murphy.  Such vision.  And a much better tackler to boot.  All we have to do now is to keep Mousa.  I know we're playing Manure next week, but I wasn't happy to see Sir Alex watching him play so well.  I just feel he won't be able to resist trying to buy that talent.
Nogood "worrying is no good though, isit" Boyo

The King

Exactly. Absolutely. Definitely. And all that. Love him.

Mr Fulham

The whole team looks amazing, even without Clint. Credit to the fitness team and Scott Miller. The team is in great shape.

NogoodBoyo

Sorry, Mr. F - who is Scott Miller and what does he do?
Nogood "ignorant again, I am" Boyo

aussierod

Hate to say it, but he's a step up from Murphy, and we've been screaming out for a Murphy replacement, ladies and gentlemen, welcome Mr Diarra. He guy is pure class, he's a multi-league winning, £20mill pound midfielder at one point who is now 30-31 and we picked him up on a free! Well done Jol for taking this chance, he does the simple things just so perfectly!!! The way he can turn players and get out of trouble so easily, he picks the ball up from the defenders, providing that link between defenders and midfielders, whilst adding steel as well. Essentially he's Murphy and Etuhu in one, allowing Dembele the freedom to make runs, take on players and providing another attacking threat from midfield
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

cebu

I remember blingo praising Diarra's abilities, when he first signed for us - no trouble seeing what he meant now.  :Haynes The Maestro:

BillNRoc

Spectacular midfield play, including the wingers, of course. Ruiz still hangs on to the ball a little longer than good clubs are going to permit, but he and Dembele and Diarra were excellent. Rarely gave the ball away, never in dangerous positions, and they really turned up the heat after halftime in case Norwich imagined they could get back in the game. Even the subs looked very good.

I wondered where the goals would come from, now I have a better idea. I will be beyond delighted if they perform this well next weekend vs MU. Or even almost as well. Beyond delighted.

NogoodBoyo

Couldn't have said it better myself, aussierod - although I had no worries when Murph left because I felt Diarra would do exactly what you said and Bryan would provide that extra bit of creativity that would unlock defences.  Obviously, I have concern that Mousa would be very hard to replace, but I think the youngsters can and will step up this season too.

Nogood "don't get carried away, Boyo

BillNRoc

If someone is prepared to lift you, why not get carried away? Life is good...today, at least.

NogoodBoyo

You're right.  Can't stop smiling.
Nogood "looking on the bright side, isit" boyo

Terry Angus

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 18, 2012, 05:10:30 PM

everyone is forgetting that in the "dempsey" press conference yesterday jol also said he still wants to buy at least a cm, a striker... 4/5 more players i think he said. if we do some good business over the next two weeks, swap dempsey for someone younger etc, increase the capacity by 5k, then we really are kicking on. good times

aussierod

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 05:22:37 PM

everyone is forgetting that in the "dempsey" press conference yesterday jol also said he still wants to buy at least a cm, a striker... 4/5 more players i think he said. if we do some good business over the next two weeks, swap dempsey for someone younger etc, increase the capacity by 5k, then we really are kicking on. good times

Certainly tough times being a Fulham fan today, if only we were a club with far more history (the scouse lot) or a club with far more ambition hey (any guesses?)

Was positive about this season (especially with regards to the cups actually) but today has just reinforced that belief.
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Matt_Keen

Everyone was brilliant, can't think of one negative. We looked extremely balanced.
Ta-la Clint, shut the door on your way out.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 05:22:37 PM
You're right.  Can't stop smiling.

I think he said one or two more, but have to agree with you. The way we played today would destroy most PL teams. Kicking on indeed. The future's bright, the future's White!
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Boggers

Diarra was MOTM today. Such composure. He was always available, him and Dembele will be something special this season. They controlled the tempo and created space for our front players
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Mr Fulham

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 18, 2012, 05:01:17 PM
Sorry, Mr. F - who is Scott Miller and what does he do?
Nogood "ignorant again, I am" Boyo

our fitness coach Mr Nogood ... he's from  oztralian

Jack Fulham

Diarra is the boss.