watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Squad

Started by mickybrown100, August 19, 2012, 06:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickybrown100

I thought the Norwich game showed how good we can be. Riether in my opinion looked very good, and the midfield looked so solid, Diarra playing superb. Only problem was the bench, which even though contained Rodallega and Kasami, looked very week. Halliche shouldn't be in contention at all, and even though Frei and Phillipe were injured, and that did weaken the bench, we will have injuries over the season. 2 more transfers, hopefully Adam (exchange for Dempsey) and a striker (Rhodes or a Dutchman), we will be pushing for 8th place.

Walsh

There has to be at least 1 negative person, I can't wait to see how we will play next week against United and even how United play tomorrow against Everton.

alexbishop

He makes a very fair point though and I'm positive Jol will address this in the next two weeks.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

LBNo11

...I agree it looks lightweight but maybe Jol is seeing improvements on the training ground that warrants their inclusion, either that or he was confident that the players picked were good enough against weak opposition. If we don't bring in more players to the squad it would appear that the belts have been tightened, but I doubt it, MacIntosh and Jol will have talked about targets and I think a prudent signing will come in with or without Dempsey being sold...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Matt Inglis

Given this could be a summer where we lose (arguably) our two best players, I don't know if 8th will be achievable. I get your point, though, we need a strong Plan B. For now though I am living in the present and I am extremely happy.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Jack Fulham

need more depth but don't expect these players to be top quality signings, they will be backup for the first choice 11 which I believe is the team we saw yesterday.

BarryP

There always seems to be some kind of late window surprises with Fulham doesn't there.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

MasterHaynes

I'd rather no signings than just average bench warming signings, good players on loan will need to be played and I would not want to see any of the current first eleven benched for a loaner of similar calibre. Any average players signed will only be a dead weight once next summer comes around so best avoided. Would loved to have got Lukaku on loan with an option to buy but he and his agent did not want to make that commitment as they feel he will attract bigger clubs once he can show what he can do, I;m thinking they are probably right as well.

TonyGilroy

Part of the problem is that we don't need nailed on starters but good quality players who are affordable and willing to fight for a place.

Ngog makes sense in that context because he's mobile, athletic and young but hasn't succeeded yet. Also Reo Coker on the basis that he's reliable and won't demand a definite starting place. Even those though cost more than we think is worthwhile.

I suspect that two or three players will arrive in the last few days of the window and we'll be seriously underwhelmed. They hopefully though will do a job if necessary.