watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match day parking

Started by Reindeer, August 20, 2012, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reindeer

I've decided to take the car to the match after rolling in drunk on Saturday night and being in the doghouse all weekend.

Are there any tips for someone coming in from North East London?

MJG

Quote from: Reindeer on August 20, 2012, 11:12:25 AM
I've decided to take the car to the match after rolling in drunk on Saturday night and being in the doghouse all weekend.

yes move to south west london

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2012, 11:21:49 AM
Quote from: Reindeer on August 20, 2012, 11:12:25 AM

yes move to south west london
064.gif

The Doctor

On the rare occassion I've driven to games, I've parked on the Barnes side of Hammersmith Bridge.  Riverview Gardens or Clavering Ave:  http://www.richmond.gov.uk/zones_b_b1_cb_z3.pdf

Handy for a quick getaway round the South Circ to avoid all the FFC/QPR traffic.

Alternatively, Putney parking details at: http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/473/street_parking-zones.  But driving there may be difficult if you have to negotiate pre/post-match traffic and congestion charge zone

Reindeer

Quote from: The Doctor on August 20, 2012, 11:40:12 AM
On the rare occassion I've driven to games, I've parked on the Barnes side of Hammersmith Bridge.  Riverview Gardens or Clavering Ave:  http://www.richmond.gov.uk/zones_b_b1_cb_z3.pdf

Handy for a quick getaway round the South Circ to avoid all the FFC/QPR traffic.

Alternatively, Putney parking details at: http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/473/street_parking-zones.  But driving there may be difficult if you have to negotiate pre/post-match traffic and congestion charge zone

Thanks very much for this, very useful. 

Reindeer

So I take it from the limited response, along with the smart arse comment, that parking is a bit of a taboo subject on here?

Is there any reason why?

TonyGilroy

Tell people on here where you park and next game you'll find the road full.

It's a jungle out there.

JBH

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 20, 2012, 01:15:56 PM

It's a jungle out there.

:plus one:

Sorry but there is not a hope in hell off getting parking info from me  :028:

Reindeer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 20, 2012, 01:15:56 PM

It's a jungle out there.

I see, how incredibly naive of me.

tommy

When I do drive I park on the road opposite the library on Lilly road. There are meters that you can park in on the weekends. I've always managed to get a space there and it's good for a quick exit past barons court tube station onto the A4 without having to que on the Fulham palace road

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Reindeer on August 20, 2012, 01:12:50 PM
So I take it from the limited response, along with the smart arse comment, that parking is a bit of a taboo subject on here?

Is there any reason why?
Don't thinks its taboo in the least reindeer, just bloody difficult so most don't bother. I used to ride my motorbike up from Crawley a few years back and could park just off Stevenage Road, but only very early or very late in the season to avoid hypothermia ! When I lived on Fulham Road parking was a nightmare. (And the smart arse comment was funny  :048: )  

croatianwhite

I drive from that area every home game (m11) I go along the embankment then up into Fulham and come out opposite the Durrell pub go straight over and park in one of those streets  it's a short walk and u miss all the worst traffic on your way out  ps just dont take my spot

Peabody

As has been suggested, the Barnes side of Hammersmith Bridge is a good idea. Lonsdale Road is quite good but it is about a half hours walk to the ground. The pluses are that you pass The Chancellors Pub and the Crabtree.

ScalleysDad

We got snagged up in traffic going in and out of the school last time we tried that route Mr P, rugby fixtures I think, and it really messed things up. Castlenau was crawling along as well. We have gone all dramatic and will look at parking close to Barnes Bridge, alongside the river, and train it in to Putney. As has been said 'Reindeer' the up side is a quicker exit traffic wise, down side is the long walk if the performance is rubbish.

Mr Itchy

King_Crud

get a new partner that doesn't mind you getting drunk at the football!

tommyffc

I park at King's Mall in Hammersmith when I come (admittedly from the west country) - it's about a 20 min walk, but there are always spaces and it's cheap as chips.

Reindeer

Thanks chaps for all the info. 

I'll probably only drive to a couple of games as I'd miss the alcohol, but it's nice to know the option is open.

Supermitch

Quote from: Mr Itchy on August 20, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
Check out the link below,If it works, But the roads north Of Lille rd off Fulham Palace rd are free to park on Saturdays, But get there early....Hope that helps

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Fulham+Palace+Road,+London&hl=en&ll=51.483748,-0.216937&spn=0.006775,0.021136&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=6.730542,21.643066&oq=fulham&hnear=Fulham+Palace+Rd,+London,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16

When I drive that's where I park, so don't nick my space  :027:

I usually go by train for Saturday games but by car on a Sunday - never have a problem parking in that area any day of the week, although does get busy and occasionally have to park slightly further away.  Afterwards I go around the back streets by Queens Club and out onto the A4 by Barons Court station.

bucksfulham