News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big mention for Fulham in article on football.

Started by Steven Ageroad, August 20, 2012, 12:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

From Saturdays "i" newspaper, by Stefano Hatfield, the Executive Editor. Obviously a Fulham supporter.

"This afternoon, on the hottest day of the year, I will discard experience for hope and make a pilgrimage. As the sun bounces off a shimmering river Thames on the most pleasant approach to a UK sports venue, the black and white-clad hordes will be filled with optimism only the the first day of the season brings.

If, as Sir Richard Branson said, (Quoting Einstein) "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result", then most football fans are more bonkers than John Cleese.

Fulham fans heading to Craven Cottage are perhaps a little less crazy than some. The Cottage is a rare ground; a largely civilised (unless you need a pee), friendly, family-oriented place- sometimes ridiculed by the more neanderthal element that follows the national sport. Yes, there is passion. The night Fulham came back from three goals down to beat the mighty Juventus had the historic stadium rocking, and vies with Mo Farah's second gold last week as the most emotional of live sporting nights.

The "you fat bastard" chant at super-fit Frank Lampard is about as bad as it gets, you get my drift. Happily, I've never heard a racist murmur in the home Hammersmith end, which holds many committed female fans too.

Football still has the ability to bring the community together more than most. Now for it's players and crowds alike to meet the challenge set by our olympians".

Makes you proud to be a Fulham supporter.

Airfix

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 20, 2012, 12:46:03 PM
The "you fat bastard" chant at super-fit Frank Lampard is about as bad as it gets, you get my drift.

Fair enough.  However I note he had no issue with us singing the same to Grant "Wider Turning Circle Than A Supertanker" Holt.  Or, as he was christened at the back of the Hammersmith End, Jabba The Holt.

ffcfairy

Nice to see a comment about us girls! Commited we certainly are :)