watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rhodes, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Dembele

Started by Bradstow, August 20, 2012, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

With Modric going why would Spurs loan out Huddlestone? Unless of course that is where Dempsey is going.

Why would we want Huddlestone on a loan deal if Moussa is staying?

Who gets dropped to accommodate Rhodes?
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Ordar

Huddlestone has been chronically injured the past few years, so maybe AVB wants rid of him. They have Parker, Sigurdson, Sandro, Jenas and Livermore in CM, so they're not exactly short there.

Dempsey wont go to Spurs. Their whole system revolves around their fast wingers (Bale and Lennon) So unless Dempsey is going to play instead of Van Der Vaart (which he's not) I dont see why they'd be interested.

We on the other hand are fairly short of CM options, unless we bring some youth through. Diarra and Dembele are only backed up by Sidwell and Baird at a push. Huddlestone would add some depth for fairly cheap.

Cant see Rhodes starting for us ahead of Petric. Would be good for the future though, plus could be used as an effective plan B

ToodlesMcToot

Why would anyone get dropped for Rhodes? He's only proven in League 1. This is a HUGE leap for him, if the signing rumors turn out true.

It would not surprise me if he were found to be lacking at this level and then sent out on loan to a Championship side for the first half of the season.

If you're speaking about our official 1s team roster, I believe there's room for him without anyone being dropped from it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

i dont think dembele will be here come september. think we would be nuts to let him walk on a free. and surely if he was going to extend he would of by now
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2012, 03:47:53 PM
i dont think dembele will be here come september. think we would be nuts to let him walk on a free. and surely if he was going to extend he would of by now

Hopefully, we're waiting for the shoe to drop on Dempsey before being able to offer Dembele the contract he merits for staying with us.

I believe Dempsey is long gone, and not under such a dark cloud as we've been led to believe. I'm hopeful that frees up enough money to meet Dembele's demands for an extension,.....with a nice, fat buyout clause of course.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MasterHaynes

On the contrary, I think if we let him go we would be nuts having him in the centre of midfield could gains us 5 places at the end of the season which is worth £8m+

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 20, 2012, 04:01:07 PM

Hopefully, we're waiting for the shoe to drop on Dempsey before being able to offer Dembele the contract he merits for staying with us.

I believe Dempsey is long gone, and not under such a dark cloud as we've been led to believe. I'm hopeful that frees up enough money to meet Dembele's demands for an extension,.....with a nice, fat buyout clause of course.
dempsey joining any team below us in the league and not in champs league will be under a dark cloud in my book :)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.