watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tipping League: Special Notice - Please Read

Started by Logicalman, August 20, 2012, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

As everyone is aware, this Tipping League is run on both the Official Fulham MB (Cottage Corner) and Friend of Fulham.

Due to action taken by the club just a couple of days ahead of the first day of the season, those that entered their predictions on Cottage Corner, had their entries 'lost'. I am looking to recover them from Fulham FC, but I have to consider the chances as slim.

Bearing that in mind, I have a decision to make regarding fairness. Many of you entered your predictions for Round1 on FoF and those are safe, but, as mentioned, others were not so lucky, and therefore I am considering starting this season off on Round2.

I fully appreciate this has ramifications for those that did predict correctly, and safely, and I am therefore asking those of you did did so to consider this dilemma, and if you feel strongly about my intent to start from week2, please contact me, either directly (PM) or on this thread.

I am looking for everyone's views on this matter over the next couple of days, so if you want to leave your message on this thread, for or against, please do so.

I would ask you to consider the simple facts this this competition is always played on a level pitch, and I try to be as fair to everyone taking part as I can, and what would be your view if it were your predictions that had been lost through no fault of your own, or mine for that matter.

Thanks,

BarryP

I have no idea how I did one way or the other since I have not looked at scores but it would seem fair to kick off from week 2 if you can't retrieve the predictions fairly made on the the Fulhamfc forum.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Bronsons

It's all in fun, so the more the merrier. My vote, start again from week 2.

MJG

bobby01

In the spirit of fairness i have no problem with starting pn week 2 and i also have npt checkked my scores
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Porkopolis

I haven't checked my scores either but I'm fine with a Week 2 kickoff.

Supermitch

Think I had quite a good week but no problem with starting from Round 2.  As stated above the more the merrier.

Lighthouse

Yes well despite having done very well in the first week (no you didn't you had an awful week) I think it only fair to start again from week 2.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

Not a problem seems the only fair way to me  :54:

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

The Equalizer

I've got no problem, all in the name of fairness.

But, out of interest, can you post the scores from the first round anyway? It's just, I've taken a look at my predictions and I think I did pretty bloody well! Just my rotten luck!

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

grandad

I think I had a disaster in Week 1 so I´m all in favour of re-starting from Week 2
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

I know I got exactly 2 points on Saturday, so by all means start with week two. It's also nice that it's the fair and inclusive thing to do.

And thanks for all your efforts in creating this enjoyable season-long competition.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JohnKovacs

Logicalman,

If you are going to start the season week 2, I would definitely play. I didn't get around to putting in my picks due to some conflicts, but if I'm starting even keel with everyone else, I'm definitely in.

COYW