watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could win at Old Trafford?...

Started by General, August 20, 2012, 06:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

If we are going to win the title, we have to beat the teams struggling in the lower half of the table.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 21, 2012, 01:57:27 PM
If we are going to win the title, we have to beat the teams struggling in the lower half of the table.
especially relegation fodder, who are trying to buy their way out of trouble
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MontenegroWhite

If there is time of year when MUFC is well beatable than it's is in the beginning of the season. Those bigger squads are always slow in the start.

CH FFC

ManU will definitely come out of the blocks hard, but if FFC can beat them back for the first 20 minutes....then??

From what I saw last week, I feel that ManU defence "could" have their hands full with some long balls. 
I feel the key for Fulham coming away with anything will be constantly pressuring, and pushing up.  Come out with an all or nothing attitude, and do not sit back and try to absorb ManU's attacks.  If Fulham can not concede early, and can come out attacking.  Well it will make for a good match, and I would like to believe that Fulham can come away with something.

Everton had control of good parts of that game, up until the last few minutes of constant defending.  I know FFC will have some chances on goal, I just hope there is quality at the end of them.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: alexbishop on August 20, 2012, 07:16:20 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2012, 07:10:49 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on August 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM
Will wait to see how Utd look tonight but Fergie is a smart man and will know how to beat us. I think we will loose but I am hoping we will try and play with some balls at the very least.
yes i remeber that time we tried to play against them using shuttlecocks. they battered us.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...haha

Made me chuckle - I was thinking that sending our ladies side up to OT would really be taking the piss !  :Get Coat gif:

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Berserker on August 20, 2012, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: Mike on August 20, 2012, 10:32:37 PM
Don't ask me, ask the hens!

I'll ask the chickens over the back fence on Saturday. Mind you I'm not sure how you can tell if they say win or lose to be honest.

Do you not have apreferred predictor hen ala Paul the Squid ? Put some seed in an FFC mug and some in a Man Ure one (with a hungry fox attached) and see which one she chooses ?

dtowndough

Quote from: HatterDon on August 21, 2012, 03:11:36 AM
We're never going to have a better chance to get a result at OT. Their defense is in turmoil, their bench strength is appalling, and it's going to be at least two or three more weeks until the REAL RVP is fit enough to make a difference.

The only thing that worries me is Jol's frightened approach to United. We need to take the game to them. What's the worse that can happen? We'll have 3 points after two matches and we won't have to play United away.

I don't know if this is the best opportunity or not.  coming off a loss and first home game will be difficult.  but I do agree with the strategy.  why not capitalize on the confidence of the team right now.  trust the back four and keep the pressure on them.

Patterson

"You're never as good as you look and you're never as bad as you look."

They SHOULD beat us...but on any given day...

If I were a betting man, I'd bet Man U would win, but I always hold out on our team.  We can beat anyone just like we can lose to anyone depending on the day.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

HatterDon

Quote from: Patterson on August 21, 2012, 10:56:49 PM

If I were a betting man, I'd bet Man U would win, but I always hold out on our team.  We can beat anyone just like we can lose to anyone depending on the day.

Ah, the words of the legendary Earl of Baltimore -- "you're never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose."

Of course, this season's Houston Astros look horrible and are actually worse than they look.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Patterson

Quote from: HatterDon on August 22, 2012, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: Patterson on August 21, 2012, 10:56:49 PM

Ah, the words of the legendary Earl of Baltimore -- "you're never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose."

Of course, this season's Houston Astros look horrible and are actually worse than they look.

lol, love it.  Though it's tough to apply in baseball as it's really a numbers game.  1 game out of 162 games can't possibly be singled out!
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Bassey the warrior

It's extremely unlikely. But if everyone has a good game why not? Will be a good examination for Dembele and Diarra, see if they can be as dominant.

BarryP

Would it be too much to ask for a Fulham win AND for Moussa look entirely out of his depth in front of Sir Alex?  Yes, I know it would be too.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

cebu

Quote from: BarryP on August 22, 2012, 05:06:04 AM
Would it be too much to ask for a Fulham win AND for Moussa look entirely out of his depth in front of Sir Alex?  Yes, I know it would be too.

Maybe Jol should bench Moussa at Old Trafford?   :dft012:

MJG

There have many times over the last decade where we have travelled to Old Trafford saying things like 'this is the best time to play them' or 'we are on a good run', only to fall flat on our arse.
Our record is one win in 11 games and ten defeats and we have not scored in the last five.
We get anything its a bonus to our season.
Can we win? Yes of course but the odds are always aginst us.

username

I think that we will come back with all the points from Manure.

It is all very well saying Norwich did not play well on Saturday but a team can only play as well as you let them.

After watching Rooney during the Summer and remembering him from previous tournaments I am beginning to believe his reputation is a whole lot better than the player himself. If we do a professional job on him and don't give him any space he will have a quiet game.

As for the rest including Van Persie, I think United always take a few games to get into their stride. This is a good time to be playing them. It is after all 11 v 11 three points for me.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: username on August 22, 2012, 09:00:26 AM
I think that we will come back with all the points from Manure.

It is all very well saying Norwich did not play well on Saturday but a team can only play as well as you let them.

After watching Rooney during the Summer and remembering him from previous tournaments I am beginning to believe his reputation is a whole lot better than the player himself. If we do a professional job on him and don't give him any space he will have a quiet game.

As for the rest including Van Persie, I think United always take a few games to get into their stride. This is a good time to be playing them. It is after all 11 v 11 three points for me.

A point well made. The most pleasing thing about Saturday was our pressing game. Too often last season we surrendered points because we just sat back and defended deep. Jol's approach is finally being embraced. If we press Man Utd like we did Norwich we may well have a chance.

Ordar

I expect us to perform well.

Imagine what the squad confidence would be like if we managed to pull off a win (which isnt impossible). Especially away from home

HatterDon

Quote from: Ordar on August 22, 2012, 12:29:17 PM
I expect us to perform well.

Imagine what the squad confidence would be like if we managed to pull off a win (which isnt impossible). Especially away from home

Imagine getting SIX POINTS in August. Wowzer..
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel